PDA

View Full Version : PS3 or Xbox360

jcrod
07-12-2007, 10:13 PM
I saw the PS3 thread. Is it really that bad?

My wife and kids just bought me one for my b-day. Now I don't know if I want to keep it or take it back and get the 360. I was going to wait till next yr to decide, wondering if i still should. But the family is getting mad at the fact I want to take it back.

peewee's lovechild
07-12-2007, 10:19 PM
360 is better, easily.

goliath
07-12-2007, 10:55 PM
I have both.

360 is better. Has more games and a wider variety. No real difference in graphics. What made the PS2 great was all the exclusive games you could only play on the PS2. Now most of the PS2 exclusives are also on the 360 with the exception of Metal Gear and Final Fantasy, both of which are rumored to be going to the 360.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-12-2007, 11:03 PM
IF you want a Blu-Ray player that you'll be able to game on at some point in the future, roll with your PS3.

If you want something to play games on, go with the 360.

Slydragon
07-12-2007, 11:07 PM
I got both and a Wii, I say Xbox for now. I play my Xbox the most my ps3 second and hardly play my Wii even tho I camp out 16 hours for that one on launch day. If you like to play online then Xbox 360 all the way.

jaffies
07-12-2007, 11:35 PM
My wife and kids just bought me one for my b-day. Now I don't know if I want to keep it or take it back and get the 360. I was going to wait till next yr to decide, wondering if i still should. But the family is getting mad at the fact I want to take it back.

Do not return it.

I own a PS3.

I am very careful with my money. It takes a lot of research for me to purchase something that is gonna cost a bit of money, and the PS3 is one of the better purchases I have made yet.

First, I am not a hardcore gamer, at least not anymore. Although, when I have time, I still tend to sit myself down and spend over 6 hours playing game after game. But mostly it is reserved to Madden, NBA 2k7, TigerWoods, hell even NHL 2k7. None of these games are console exclusive and never will be. I own other games that I enjoy furiously, but most of them aren't console exclusive either. However many of the best games out there now are strictly 360 games. Along with that, the 360 costs less, has better online play, and has several more games available.

That's gaming, though.

I really could care less.
If I owned a 360 I would be playing the same games that I am playing now on the PS3.

I bought the PS3 because it is the best Blu-ray player available, no contest. Still is. And I am a movie-NUT. It's a Blu-ray player, next-gen gaming system with free online play, a PS2, a web browser, an up-converting dvd player (although mediocre), all with online firmware updates. I didn't buy the 360 because it didn't have all that the PS3 offers, at least in what it could offer me.

emo serb
07-12-2007, 11:41 PM
Anyone know if there's going to be Socom for the ps3? That would be epic.

baseline bum
07-12-2007, 11:41 PM
PS3 exclusives are supposedly going to be amazing... but for any cross-platform game (GTA4, Madden, NBA 2kX, etc.), X360 absolutely kills PS3.

jcrod
07-12-2007, 11:46 PM
Do not return it.

I own a PS3.

I am very careful with my money. It takes a lot of research for me to purchase something that is gonna cost a bit of money, and the PS3 is one of the better purchases I have made yet.

First, I am not a hardcore gamer, at least not anymore. Although, when I have time, I still tend to sit myself down and spend over 6 hours playing game after game. But mostly it is reserved to Madden, NBA 2k7, TigerWoods, hell even NHL 2k7. None of these games are console exclusive and never will be. I own other games that I enjoy furiously, but most of them aren't console exclusive either. However many of the best games out there now are strictly 360 games. Along with that, the 360 costs less, has better online play, and has several more games available.

That's gaming, though.

I really could care less.
If I owned a 360 I would be playing the same games that I am playing now on the PS3.

I bought the PS3 because it is the best Blu-ray player available, no contest. Still is. And I am a movie-NUT. It's a Blu-ray player, next-gen gaming system with free online play, a PS2, a web browser, an up-converting dvd player (although mediocre), all with online firmware updates. I didn't buy the 360 because it didn't have all that the PS3 offers, at least in what it could offer me.

Hmm..yeah the blue-ray is what i think will ultimately get me. I don't have the 1080pi TV yet, but well within the yr.

I'm not really a huge gamer either, also mostly play madden or nba2k. So if the only reason for people to be swaying to the 360 is the games, thats not a reason for me.

My main concern was better graphics and game play.

duncanchick21
07-12-2007, 11:49 PM
Anyone know if there's going to be Socom for the ps3? That would be epic.

SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs: Confrontation. I think its gonna be out by the end of this year. Sony showed a preview of it at E3 yesterday and it looked badass

jcrod
07-12-2007, 11:49 PM
PS3 exclusives are supposedly going to be amazing... but for any cross-platform game (GTA4, Madden, NBA 2kX, etc.), X360 absolutely kills PS3.

How does it kill it?

I'm wondering if PS3 not being able to provide adequate prototypes was the problem. And now that the gaming companies know what to work with will do a better job.

It seems all the movie studios are going with Blue Ray.

emo serb
07-13-2007, 12:14 AM
SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs: Confrontation. I think its gonna be out by the end of this year. Sony showed a preview of it at E3 yesterday and it looked badass
Hmm, hoping it comes out for the ps2 too. PS3 still costs way to much right now and im cheap.

Xolotl
07-13-2007, 12:24 AM
Has the $100 off the PS3 kicked in yet? If not return that thing and wait a few weeks :D might not be much to you but thats alot to me lol

flipcritic
07-13-2007, 12:37 AM
I own a 360. I can't really compare the both because I haven't even used a PS3 yet, but no way was I going to shell out $500+ for a system.

As long as I can play the NBA 2K series, I'm in heaven. :D

BruceBowenFan
07-13-2007, 12:42 PM
Hmm, hoping it comes out for the ps2 too. PS3 still costs way to much right now and im cheap.
socom confrontation will only be for ps3 only and u will have to buy it through the playstation store can't wait to buy it

emo serb
07-13-2007, 12:46 PM
socom confrontation will only be for ps3 only and u will have to buy it through the playstation store can't wait to buy it
well thanks for the info, that really sucks. ill just have to wait awhile for prices to go down i guess. i think i played against you in a game a couple nights ago, you dominated.

greywheel
07-13-2007, 01:01 PM
How does it kill it?

I'm wondering if PS3 not being able to provide adequate prototypes was the problem. And now that the gaming companies know what to work with will do a better job.

Companies will always develop first on the platform they expect the most sales then port to other platforms to gather extra sales. Games today are being developed for the 360 and ported to PS3. Ports are always going to suffer. I know I am a Nintendo fan.

E20
07-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Wait for a good year, then buy a PS3. I might even wait for 2 years before I buy a NextGen console.

emo serb
07-14-2007, 01:15 AM
I'm thinking about getting a ps3 and would like to know...does sony still do the free send in repair thing that they did for the ps2? I remember that when my ps2 broke you could get a free repair no questions asked. Just wondering cause if I got one i'd probly get one online to get a good deal and not sure if i could even get a warrently online.

sabar
07-14-2007, 01:21 AM
I'd buy one just to play MGS4, but I'm gonna wait a couple years for some price slashing. I could care less about blu-ray. That's why the console is bombing, the blu-ray jacked up the price, but of course, Sony had to include it seeing as how they have a vested interest in seeing is succeed. They included too much bloatware with the PS3 that hardcore gamers don't need (backward compatibility, blu-ray, ect).

The 360 and PC are clearly the best gaming platforms at the moment with a massive game library. Wii and PS3 are filled with ports and a couple exclusive games in comparison.