PDA

View Full Version : Enough About Scola

smahmood26
07-12-2007, 11:24 PM
Would Everyone Please Quit Complaining About Losing The "best Player Not Playing In The NBA". He Wasn't Coming Over This Year Anyway, And Jackie Butler Could Not Have Paid His Way Into The Rotation. The Trade Clears Up A Roster Spot. "fans" That Complain About Little Stuff Like This Make Me Sick. 4 Rings People, 4 Rings. You All Think He Is Going To Be A Bigger Stronger Version Of Ginobili. Trust Me, If He Was, The Spurs Fo Would Not Have Gotten Rid Of Him. When Its All Said And Done Buford And Pop And Company Are The Right Men For The Job, And With The Big 3, The Spurs Will Contend And Will Win More Titles In The Years To Come.

Mr. Body
07-12-2007, 11:25 PM
You're welcome not to read the forum for the next week or so.

Mr.Bottomtooth
This ain't funny. Stop playin.

Extra Stout
So Dennis Lindsey is posting here now?

Darkwaters
07-12-2007, 11:27 PM
Can do pull an old fashioned "tar and feathering"?

Cherry
07-12-2007, 11:33 PM
Would Everyone Please Quit Complaining About Losing The "best Player Not Playing In The NBA". He Wasn't Coming Over This Year Anyway, And Jackie Butler Could Not Have Paid His Way Into The Rotation. The Trade Clears Up A Roster Spot. "fans" That Complain About Little Stuff Like This Make Me Sick. 4 Rings People, 4 Rings. You All Think He Is Going To Be A Bigger Stronger Version Of Ginobili. Trust Me, If He Was, The Spurs Fo Would Not Have Gotten Rid Of Him. When Its All Said And Done Buford And Pop And Company Are The Right Men For The Job, And With The Big 3, The Spurs Will Contend And Will Win More Titles In The Years To Come.

The Spurs just gifted the Rockets Luis Scola ... enough said.

smahmood26
07-12-2007, 11:34 PM
What Would You Have Rather Had Them Do?

Mr. Body
07-12-2007, 11:35 PM

Not.

remingtonbo2001
07-12-2007, 11:37 PM

Don't let it bother you. ENJOY IT. :lol These are the same people who were stocking up on canned goods days before Y2K.

Extra Stout
07-12-2007, 11:37 PM
I Would Rather They Make No Trade At All Than This One, In Which They Greatly Strengthen A Division Rival In Return For Zip.

timvp
07-12-2007, 11:38 PM
Not.

Exactly. The worst thing that happens if you keep Scola is that you are out a 2009 second round pick. The worst thing that happens if you trade Scola for nothing is he terrorizes you for the next decade next to Yao.

smahmood26
07-12-2007, 11:39 PM
i'm sure the minds have something in place. they could buy him out, leave him over in europe, it doesn't matter. scola wasn't coming, butler can't play. it's not like they traded manu or TP for this guy. just calm down and wait for it to play out.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-12-2007, 11:40 PM
dude stop playing

Mr. Body
07-12-2007, 11:41 PM
i'm sure the minds have something in place. they could buy him out, leave him over in europe, it doesn't matter. scola wasn't coming, butler can't play. it's not like they traded manu or TP for this guy. just calm down and wait for it to play out.

It's already played out. That's it.

smahmood26
07-12-2007, 11:42 PM
you guys are talking like this guy is freakin michael jordon. using words like terrorizing and dominating. WTF. with tmac and yao, he won't be the number one option, and at least for a while bruce and or timmy,horry, oberto, or elson surley can contain him

jag
07-12-2007, 11:43 PM
It's already played out. That's it.

hours after the trade = played out???

i missed something

Mr. Body
07-12-2007, 11:44 PM
you guys are talking like this guy is freakin michael jordon. using words like terrorizing and dominating. WTF. with tmac and yao, he won't be the number one option, and at least for a while bruce and or timmy,horry, oberto, or elson surley can contain him

Word is Scola's new contract contains a provision that he must pass to Manu Ginobili every other possession, which is good.

spurscenter
07-12-2007, 11:50 PM

Peter, where can I buy a CAT?

Budkin
07-13-2007, 12:09 AM
I don't give a fuck about Scola, but why in the hell did we just throw in young Jackie Butler like that??

koopa
07-13-2007, 12:37 AM
it was a stupid as hell trade because all we got was a stupid 2009 second round pick for two players, you'd think with the hype of both players rc could at least get a 1st rounder in 2010, but scola is overrated, he only got hype because of what manu did coming out of the second round......... scola will go to the rockets and maybe get 12-15 points a game, but he'll let his man score 20-25 a game......... i just wish we didn't trade butler, i know he's worthless, but i like having young americans with potential, i guess the only way an american can make it on this team is if they come in over 30 years old.......... aww well, hopefully the warriors will take care of the mavs for us again so we can repeat........

Roxsfan
07-13-2007, 01:18 AM
it was a stupid as hell trade because all we got was a stupid 2009 second round pick for two players, you'd think with the hype of both players rc could at least get a 1st rounder in 2010, but scola is overrated, he only got hype because of what manu did coming out of the second round......... scola will go to the rockets and maybe get 12-15 points a game, but he'll let his man score 20-25 a game......... i just wish we didn't trade butler, i know he's worthless, but i like having young americans with potential, i guess the only way an american can make it on this team is if they come in over 30 years old.......... aww well, hopefully the warriors will take care of the mavs for us again so we can repeat........

and your 2009 second round pick will suck too :clap

smahmood26
07-13-2007, 01:36 AM
well tmac and yao will be get hurt again, as usuall, and in the west you'll fail to make the playoffs and that pick will become a high second rounder.

Roxsfan
07-13-2007, 01:44 AM
well tmac and yao will be get hurt again, as usuall, and in the west you'll fail to make the playoffs and that pick will become a high second rounder.

and Tim Duncan will sprain his ankle again before the playoffs and suck azz while you continue to NOT repeat in TEXAS.

you wanted to play.

smahmood26
07-13-2007, 01:48 AM
don't take to much pride in your back to back. if Jordon was playing you wouldn't have even come close. 4 in 9 or is pretty damn impressive.

THE SIXTH MAN
07-13-2007, 01:55 AM
If you cant realize how much this trade doesn't make sense here's a new forum for you.

http://www.spursreport.com/

saniboy
07-13-2007, 02:03 AM
Luis Scola is considered to be one of the best C-PF in Europe!This was a bad trade as long as Spanoulis stays Greece! :spin

Fast Dunk
07-13-2007, 02:09 AM
don't take to much pride in your back to back. if Jordon was playing you wouldn't have even come close. 4 in 9 or is pretty damn impressive.

For a newbie this guy ^^ IS A COMPLETE MORON!

Roxsfan
07-13-2007, 02:12 AM
I agree.

as far as not coming close, nahh I think 1 of 2 those 2 years is very realistic and possibly b2b too.

Hey, I like that the spurs won those, it was nice to see d.rob win too...oh and the lakers not win, and on and on.

I don't hurt about MJ retiring and then the roxs winning...it was there for any of the remaining teams and the roxs did it....and after passing on M. Jordan for Hakeem the Dream in 1984 and then having the dream win 2 BACK TO BACK rings when Jordan "retired", a player we passed on........that is just classic.

holy run on sentence batman.