PDA

View Full Version : Fresh from the Oven?

remingtonbo2001
07-13-2007, 08:33 AM
Just heard on the radio, "Assistant, Don Newmann, has recently been impressed with the play of Marcus Williams"... Where has Don been? I'm not saying Williams doesn't have potential, but thus far I'd rather have Sandikize, or even White. Needless to say, I haven't been real impressed. Maybe he just needs some time to grow.

AFBlue
07-13-2007, 08:35 AM
This team's foundation is defense....and that's the one thing that Marcus has done very well. They're also trying to warm people up to the idea of him being on this team, because I seriously doubt they drafted him at #33 just to watch him walk.

IMO, he'll be signed and spend his first year in Austin.

remingtonbo2001
07-13-2007, 08:38 AM
Why not...I just thought that was a bold statement. His defense isn't spectacular. I just haven't been that thrilled with the pick. I guess it's low risk allowing him to play in Austin.

lebomb
07-13-2007, 08:46 AM
LMAO......dude shot 1-6, 1-7.............that is impressive? I can hit at least one if I had 7 shots and Im no where near NBA or NBDL material.

Marcus Bryant
07-13-2007, 08:48 AM
Goodbye, James White.

Spurs dog those they are letting go through the media and play up the scrubs they are keeping. They had to choose between White and Williams and will opt to go (surprise, surprise) with the guy who will cost less.

Of note is that nothing has been said about Sanikidze.

lebomb
07-13-2007, 08:50 AM
Goodbye, James White.

Spurs dog those they are letting go through the media and play up the scrubs they are keeping. They had to choose between White and Williams and will opt to go (surprise, surprise) with the guy who will cost less.

Of note is that nothing has been said about Sanikidze.

They both shot about the same......might as well go cheap. James White did two things in the SL......Jack SHIT!!!!

He had a year of NBA under his belt.......he should have schooled alot of those rookies players........
yet he chose to :sleep

ploto
07-13-2007, 08:52 AM
...play up the scrubs they are keeping. They had to choose between White and Williams...
Be prepared for White to be cut. The writing has been on the wall. People just don't want to read it.

AFBlue
07-13-2007, 08:53 AM
Why not...I just thought that was a bold statement. His defense isn't spectacular. I just haven't been that thrilled with the pick. I guess it's low risk allowing him to play in Austin.

He and White are both low-risk, but you can read the writing on the wall, or in the newspaper, when it comes to their impressions of both Williams and White.

They're seemingly giving Williams a pass and being harsh on White. Again, I think it comes back to effort/ability on the defensive end. Williams, despite what you say, has been at the least "solid" on defense, using his length to disrupt the opponent and showing enough quickness/footwork to stay in front of his man on D.

White, on the other hand, has been less than impressive on defense and seems more interested on creating for himself on the other end of the floor.

I'm not advocating for one over the other, and I think White is getting treated fairly harsh.

lebomb
07-13-2007, 08:55 AM
I think they both arent very good.

lebomb
07-13-2007, 08:55 AM
...........shit bring back Devin Brown.....he is leaps and bounds better than MW and JW.

TDMVPDPOY
07-13-2007, 08:57 AM
hypin him up to trade him??

CIApop at work fellas

degenerate_gambler
07-13-2007, 09:09 AM
I think they both arent very good.

agreed...if white was ever going to do anything to prove his value to the coaching staff, it was going to be in the summer leagues.

he hasn't...so good riddance.

lebomb
07-13-2007, 09:13 AM
agreed...if white was ever going to do anything to prove his value to the coaching staff, it was going to be in the summer leagues.

he hasn't...so good riddance.

.........apparently they still have ONE more chance to impress at the Rocky Mountain Review.......Both MW and JW have nothing to lose really, so they might as well play their ASSES off and be aggressive. :ihit

AFBlue
07-13-2007, 09:33 AM
hypin him up to trade him??

CIApop at work fellas

Williams isn't even signed yet, so he can't be traded. And I'm not sure what he could be traded for.

IMO, Williams will stick with this team at least for this year....the writing is on the wall.

Mr. Body
07-13-2007, 12:23 PM
I coulda had a V8. I mean, a Dominic McGuire.

timvp
07-13-2007, 01:30 PM
White costs $350K more than Williams.

White > Williams on the basketball court. As if that should enter the equation :lol

picnroll
07-13-2007, 01:40 PM
White cut? Oh no. Save us all.