PDA

View Full Version : International Spurs fans ; update

lefty
07-13-2007, 06:46 PM
Here

I'm from Algeria. (currently living in Montreal)

I am a hardcore Spurs fan since 1992, when I watched the REAL dream team ; I was a D-Rob fan because he is left-handed like me (could have been Mullin, but Robby was so athletic).

Since, I'm a Spurs fan ; I suffered so much before 1999 ; most of my algerian buddies were rooting for Sonics,Magic (they thought Shaq was a basketball player), Suns, Knicks or Bulls (funny enough, nobody rooted for the Rockets in 1994).

But know my Spurs have 4 titles ; the reward is so niiiiice.

Man In Black
07-13-2007, 06:48 PM
Zidane for Algeria? Why Not? The man still has skills.

lefty
07-13-2007, 06:51 PM
Yeah, but because of the FIFA rules regarding players with dual citizenship, it's too late (players have to make a decision before 21, or something like that)

lefty
07-13-2007, 07:04 PM
Okay, nobody cares, stupid thread :lol :lol

lefty
07-13-2007, 10:25 PM
Damn, that's not funny anymore

JP le Requin
07-14-2007, 09:32 PM
hi i am form france, near Paris, i am a true spurs fan since 1993 thanks to david robinson..i remember people to say me spurs are boring never they will win a title...now

EVERYBODY KNOW THEY WON 4 TITLES AND ITS 4 EVER!!!!

lefty
07-15-2007, 03:51 AM
hi i am form france, near Paris, i am a true spurs fan since 1993 thanks to david robinson..i remember people to say me spurs are boring never they will win a title...now

EVERYBODY KNOW THEY WON 4 TITLES AND ITS 4 EVER!!!!

I'm glad to see that you are not one of those "cocorico" Spurs fans ; I lived in France and 2 of my firends were hardcore Bulls fans ; now, they are Spurs fans (I wonder why :rolleyes )

The fact that Parker is a Spur is an added bonus for you ; perfect situation.

stéphane
07-15-2007, 04:26 AM

Duncan is still my savior :p

JP le Requin
07-15-2007, 10:09 AM
I'm glad to see that you are not one of those "cocorico" Spurs fans ; I lived in France and 2 of my firends were hardcore Bulls fans ; now, they are Spurs fans (I wonder why :rolleyes )

for long spurs fans we are blessed with TP because now the team is more broadcasted on french tv and i had a lot of signatures on my finals hat thanks to the wedding of TP in France :married: , i met so many spurs players and former spurs players....

i remember 99...so happy for my all time favorite player David Robinson!! :downspin: :clap :king

judaspriestess
07-15-2007, 12:26 PM
so why don't ya'll post pics of yourselves for us (me) American girls who like all things international. :smokin

polandprzem
07-15-2007, 12:32 PM
Hi I'm a spurs fan since Matt Bonner came to Spurs.

I love his play espaecially his briliant skyhook. (Ask timvp how special is that move)

stéphane
07-15-2007, 01:40 PM
so why don't ya'll post pics of yourselves for us (me) American girls who like all things international. :smokin

sure but as we say in france, women first...

stéphane
07-15-2007, 01:43 PM
Hi I'm a spurs fan since Matt Bonner came to Spurs.

I love his play espaecially his briliant skyhook. (Ask timvp how special is that move)

who doesn't know you poland? :lol you've been around for so long

JP le Requin
07-15-2007, 01:50 PM
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/jpnrc/DSCN1805.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/jpnrc/DSCN1351.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/jpnrc/DSC06438-1.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/jpnrc/gregpopovichJP.jpg

here some pictures @ paris last week,paris bercy last october and san antonio game 2 last month ;-)

judaspriestess
07-15-2007, 02:01 PM
sure but as we say in france, women first...

LOL, send me your email address via private message and I'll send you a pic.

polandprzem
07-15-2007, 02:09 PM
who doesn't know you poland? :lol you've been around for so long

Thank you :toast

I'm glad some people recognize me even though I'm not a posting machine or I'm not in a big disscussions on this site.

You know what. Here is some frickin magic on that board and I'm pleased to be here and I'm pleased to be the 'original' member of the SpursTalk. :sombrero:

Admidave50
07-15-2007, 02:09 PM

come on people, we're not on meetic or on any american meeting chatroom! :lol

stéphane
07-15-2007, 03:20 PM

LOL back, i was joking or i have to be considering my gf would prolly cut my head otherwise

stéphane
07-15-2007, 03:22 PM
Thank you :toast

I'm glad some people recognize me even though I'm not a posting machine or I'm not in a big disscussions on this site.

You know what. Here is some frickin magic on that board and I'm pleased to be here and I'm pleased to be the 'original' member of the SpursTalk. :sombrero:

lol poland not a posting machine man, what would you say about me?
i've been on ST since start of 2005 when i discovered it and i barely have 700posts lol.
imagine if i wasn't coming on a daily basis.

polandprzem
07-15-2007, 04:14 PM
Frankly speaking I don't remember you stephane ...

Ohh and btw. how many original posters are on this borad?

stéphane
07-15-2007, 05:03 PM

no offense poland i spend 99% of my time reading...
i just try really hard not to post every single BS opinion that pops in my brain :dramaquee

alamo50
07-15-2007, 05:09 PM
All grown-up Spurs fans from abroad are here because of David.
The legend continues.......

:hat

lefty
07-15-2007, 05:13 PM
My ex-GF is polish ; damn, she was so hot .... :depressed

JP Lerequin, I just saw the pics you posted, you lucky bastard :madrun

Do u live in San Antonio, or did u make the trip form France to Texas ??

I should fly to SA someday, never been there....

By the way, is George Eddy still annoying ?? :dizzy

JP le Requin
07-15-2007, 08:58 PM
i live in france..i went to the game 2 of tne nba finals this year...a dream came true!!
george eddy is like a friend to me, very cool, very nice guy, i gave him one finals hat in game 2, he gave me a "serviette" in exchange

even nba TV shooted me outside the AT&t center but i never saw the video, cansl plus shooted me BUT i saw the videos last week...

Supreme_Being
07-15-2007, 09:41 PM
i live in france..i went to the game 2 of tne nba finals this year...a dream came true!!
george eddy is like a friend to me, very cool, very nice guy, i gave him one finals hat in game 2, he gave me a "serviette" in exchange

even nba TV shooted me outside the AT&t center but i never saw the video, cansl plus shooted me BUT i saw the videos last week...

:downspin: Fucking lucky bastard. :downspin:

JP le Requin
07-16-2007, 03:55 PM
héhéhéhéhé

i am proud to be a Fucking lucky bastard!!

alamo50
07-16-2007, 04:35 PM
What has luck to do with dedication?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-16-2007, 11:49 PM

I'm an OP, daaaaamn straight.

Oh, and I read your posts poland, you're good to have around. ;)

As for me, Aussie with a major jones for the Spurs. Spurs fan since 1990 (the famous Bulls-Spurs game where Jordan had 54 I think), made two pilgrimages to the San Antonio Holy Land, in 2003, 2007, both championship years. Sat courtside then went to a Spurs practice in January, met Bruce Bowen, Brett Brown and Chip Engelland, and of course DRob... how'dya like my avatar, Alamo50? :D I wore that inane grin for about a week afterwards - David has an AURA, and meeting him was a great blessing.

Will make my third pilgrimage next year providing we make it to the WCFinals.

Hollaaaaaaaaa! :lol

alamo50
07-17-2007, 05:23 PM
That's a great avatar mate!
I am very happy you finaly got to meet Him.

Spurs Brazil
07-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Spurs fan in São Paulo, Brazil, since 94

Hope to go to San Antonio soon to see a game

sandman
07-17-2007, 05:30 PM
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/jpnrc/gregpopovichJP.jpg

Is Pop morphing into Donald Sutherland?

lefty
07-17-2007, 08:38 PM
Is Pop morphing into Donald Sutherland?

I don't know, but I<m sure he bought some nice bling bling at Van Cleef and Arpels....

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-18-2007, 12:06 AM
That's a great avatar mate!
I am very happy you finaly got to meet Him.

Thanks, me too! ;)

We actually chatted for a little while too, it was the bomb. Next time, The Carver Academy.

MI21
07-18-2007, 01:45 AM
Aussie here.. Spurs fan since I was about 7 so early 90's. Been posting on various Spurs Forums since about 2000.

Of course it was David Robinson that made me become a Spurs fan... Was a good choice :D

mystargtr34
07-18-2007, 01:58 AM
I'm an OP, daaaaamn straight.

Oh, and I read your posts poland, you're good to have around. ;)

As for me, Aussie with a major jones for the Spurs. Spurs fan since 1990 (the famous Bulls-Spurs game where Jordan had 54 I think), made two pilgrimages to the San Antonio Holy Land, in 2003, 2007, both championship years. Sat courtside then went to a Spurs practice in January, met Bruce Bowen, Brett Brown and Chip Engelland, and of course DRob... how'dya like my avatar, Alamo50? :D I wore that inane grin for about a week afterwards - David has an AURA, and meeting him was a great blessing.

Will make my third pilgrimage next year providing we make it to the WCFinals.

Hollaaaaaaaaa! :lol

Ahh im not the only Aussie Spurs fan :dramaquee . Dude how tall are you? Unless D-Rob is slouched over you only look 3 or 4 inches shorter.

Anyway, im only 18 but i was hooked onto Timmy when i saw my first All Star game in 2000. It was love at first sight :drunk .

Anyway i have to admit, it was Timmy first then Spurs second but it didnt take me long grow into a true Spurs fan.

mystargtr34
07-18-2007, 01:59 AM
Aussie here.. Spurs fan since I was about 7 so early 90's. Been posting on various Spurs Forums since about 2000.

Of course it was David Robinson that made me become a Spurs fan... Was a good choice :D

Nope, theres another one :smokin

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-18-2007, 02:31 AM
Nope, theres another one :smokin

And there's quite a few more. I reckon there'd by 5-10 Aussies who post in here at least semi-regularly. Many of them, including me, came over from Spursreport when the far superior SpursTalk began in 2003.

Oh, and I'm 6'7". DRob's bending down a bit.

polandprzem
07-18-2007, 03:59 PM
We have a strong representation in international fans.

Who could have imagine this board will be such enormous?
Well it's because here is no moderator

:p:

j/k Kori, LJ, Chump and others

Good to hear all this support.

All in all to me it's something special being a spurs fan and be is a society (envoirnment) like this. The basketball is the most important thoing in my life I think and many times I had troubles and had some 'downs' I headed to basketball :tu