PDA

View Full Version : Captivity

BeerIsGood!
07-14-2007, 01:52 AM
Has anyone seen this horror movie? It seems to have potential, but all the hype will probably lead to disappointment. Is it any good?

LuvBones
07-14-2007, 02:06 AM
I just recently saw the trailer for it, it already came out?

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-14-2007, 02:07 AM
I think it might have come out this week. I was looking at some reviews and they were pretty bad over at Rotten Tomatoes.

BeerIsGood!
07-14-2007, 03:25 AM
I think it might have come out this week. I was looking at some reviews and they were pretty bad over at Rotten Tomatoes.

That's what I was afraid of. I believe it opened yesterday because of all the "Friday the 13th" hoopla, but I wanted to get some opinions before I took the time to actually see it. Thanks.

Gonzo
07-14-2007, 04:02 AM
has anyone seen this horror film?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1e/TheMuppetMovie.png

John McClane
07-14-2007, 04:05 AM
I'd put a bullet through my own shoulder before I saw that dumb ass Captivity movie. It would be less painful.

Yippie Ki-Yay Mother F**ker

Avitus1
07-14-2007, 03:10 PM
It got a 36 out of 100 on metacritic. To be honest there is only one reason to see this movie.

07-14-2007, 06:57 PM
If it rated that bad, Elisha must keep her knickers on.

I'll pass.

mardigan
07-14-2007, 07:09 PM
I saw this movie about 2 months ago at an advanced screening, so hopefully its been dramatically changed by now, but I doubt it if a release date has already been set.

Elisha Cuthbert plays a beautiful, world-famous, model who is suddenly abducted and thrown into a dungeon sort of room in the basement of a house. She is supposedly "tortured" and threatened with death, but the torture is not even close to anything frightening, and borders on comical, with her falling into a sandpit and only being allowed one dress to change into as some of the horrible, heartless things her kidnapper does to her.

I don't want to give away too much, not that there's really anything you wont guess within the first 15 minutes, but the two cops, who are shown for about five minutes for the entire movie, have one and only one suspect, so there are about a total of 5 people in the whole movie. Not one of the characters is really developed at all, so you don't get attached to or care at all about any of them. And every supposed "twist" was obvious at least an hour before it actually happened. Almost everything in the movie, from the relationships of the girl being tortured, to the cops, to the reason for her abduction is just so contrived and fake. It really is just a cheesy movie with horrible acting, a bad script and a very predictable ending. If I could I would give this movie less than one star, it was a free screening and everyone kept shouting that they wanted their money back! Don't waste your time or money.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374563/