PDA

View Full Version : Peace Activist Shoots AF Airman

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-14-2007, 12:13 PM
:td

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/dispatch/content/local_news/stories/2007/07/09/airman.html

And the chickenshit national media won't even report it.

johnsmith
07-14-2007, 12:22 PM
Boutons?

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-14-2007, 12:26 PM
Just go with me for a second.

The story you linked was from July 9. Does every shooting make the NYT (I'm going with NYT because that's what Malkin does)?

The AP made a small note of it on July 5 in their NJ Digest which leaves it up to indiviual outlets to pick it up. Malkin makes note that the shooting of a 7-year-old in Trenton made the front page, but child shootings are more rare than adult shootings.

I'm not saying you're wrong that it hasn't been reported, but I will argue that some of Malkin's claims are bunk. Hell, I'll even agree with you that as of this late date, there's a problem that this hasn't made national news.

For some reason, it escapes me how people think we have time for agendas in newsrooms.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-14-2007, 12:29 PM
You know what else, though, credit the local papers that dug this up the right way.

Also, I find anybody asking for reporters to go to the blogs for primary information to be pretty out of it.

George Gervin's Afro
07-14-2007, 12:29 PM
:td

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/dispatch/content/local_news/stories/2007/07/09/airman.html

And the chickenshit national media won't even report it.

Ok I'm missing something here. I have read that article 3 times now and the motive mentioned was that it was a random shooting.

Edit: I must have missed the 'govt anger' 3 times. This guy was a mental case .

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-14-2007, 12:33 PM
Ok I'm missing something here. I have read that article 3 times now and the motive mentioned was that it was a random shooting.

Only one newspaper...

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/112-07062007-1374033.html

...dug it up early on. If you do a search of Airman Schrieken on Google News, it's primarily attack columns about the lack of coverage.

AHF, this guy wasn't a "peace activist" either. Every story is saying he was angry with the government.

Anger at the government and "wanting to make a statement" does not make him a peacenik.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-14-2007, 12:39 PM
And if we're going to bloglink randomly, here's another comment from LGF.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=26198#c0114

#114 JustMyView 7/11/2007 2:48:07 pm PDT reply quote

I spoke to the public information officer (PIO) in the Burlington (NJ) County prosecutor's officer re the shooting of Airman Schrieken a little while ago. Here is what he said about the shooting and why the suicide notes weren't released.

On Policy
The prosecutor's office does not release suicide notes to the press or the public. This policy applies to almost all cases, with the following exceptions:

- The person who committed suicide is a public figure (e.g., politician, celebrity). I believe our courts have ruled that public figures cannot hold the same "expectation of privacy" as ordinary citizens. (See, for instance, David Vitter and Bill Clinton. Their adultery is a matter of public interest. Yours or mine is not.)

- The suicide occurred in a public setting such as a mall, theater, or church. The PIO noted that, technically, the shooting of Airman Schrieken occurred in a public place as it was outdoors, but that they did not normally treat streets, parking lots, and such as public places in regard to this policy.

According to the PIO, this policy is supported by local individuals and groups concerned with the crime victims and witnesses (I didn't think to ask whether these people were members of advocacy groups or members of local law enforcement, but many police departments employ social workers, psychologists, or others to provide support and information for victims and witnesses of crimes) and accepted by the press.

The purpose of the policy is to protect survivors (e.g., the family of a suicide victim) or others who might be affected by the event (for example, an individual who might have been accused in the note of infidelity, psychological abuse, or some other perceived insult).

On the content of the notes
There was no evidence in the note to indicate that the shooter had any previous contact with Airman Schrieken. Neither were there any references to the Iraq war, the war on terrorism, or the military.

The note referred only to “the government”, not to any specific aspect or agent of the government.

The notes were incoherent, i.e., they seemed to ramble, to lack usual grammatical structure, and such.

On Mental Illness
As Mandy Manners and I said in the first thread on this topic, certain mental illnesses first become apparent in late adolescence or early adulthood, especially schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, although bipolar disorder is sometimes diagnosed in children and young adolescents.

Researchers are currently trying to determine whether it is possible to predict the onset of schizophrenia earlier in life with a view toward preventing or slowing the progression of the disease. However, this research is still in its early stages.

Schizophrenia often starts with a prodromal phase in which the patient does not fulfill all the criteria of the disorder, but in which observable and experiential changes in behavior, thinking, and feelings occur. The length of the the prodromal phase appears to vary significantly, ranging from months to years. Further, the signs and symptoms are non-specific, meaning that they may be associated with other illnesses as well. Finally, some people who develop schizophrenia do not appear to have a recognizable prodromal phase.

Both bipolar disorder and schizophrenia are associated with suicide rates that are higher than suicide rates among people who have not been diagnosed with these illnesses.

Make of this what you will. If there's an open thread, I'll post it again.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-14-2007, 12:40 PM
AHF, where do you get "Peace activist" from?

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-14-2007, 12:47 PM
Sorry JB, it was in one of the other articles I read that said part of the note was a rant against our government's military actions world wide.

I read about six different articles on it, this was just a link to the last one I read...

boutons_
07-14-2007, 12:55 PM
so Aggie dickless is misrepresenting at best, outright lying at worst.
Figures, he takes his marching orders from that liar extraordinaire, dubya.

Peace activist? holy shit, a lie

airman? was he in uniform? did the killer know he was an airman?
The Columbus article said it was an "random" shooting.

But dickless slimes anti-war people, a fucking lie. Anti-Iraq-war peope are much more patriotic and support-the-troops than the murderous war mongers on the right and dubya suckers.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-14-2007, 01:05 PM
Sorry JB, it was in one of the other articles I read that said part of the note was a rant against our government's military actions world wide.

I read about six different articles on it, this was just a link to the last one I read...

I'm not doubting that, but what about that makes his a "peace activist"?

A peace activist would have taken an active role in the anti-war movement. Just ranting doesn't make him a peace activist. His ranting proves he was a fucking nutball who should have simply taken his own life before deciding to kill another person.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-14-2007, 01:17 PM
so Aggie dickless is misrepresenting at best, outright lying at worst.
Figures, he takes his marching orders from that liar extraordinaire, dubya.

Peace activist? holy shit, a lie

airman? was he in uniform? did the killer know he was an airman?
The Columbus article said it was an "random" shooting.

But dickless slimes anti-war people, a fucking lie. Anti-Iraq-war peope are much more patriotic and support-the-troops than the murderous war mongers on the right and dubya suckers.

I'd rather get my marching orders from 'Dubya' than Osama, if we're calling a spade a spade, al-boutons.

johnsmith
07-14-2007, 01:19 PM
His ranting proves he was a fucking nutball who should have simply taken his own life before deciding to kill another person

Boutons?

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-14-2007, 01:24 PM
Just go with me for a second.

The story you linked was from July 9. Does every shooting make the NYT (I'm going with NYT because that's what Malkin does)?

The AP made a small note of it on July 5 in their NJ Digest which leaves it up to indiviual outlets to pick it up. Malkin makes note that the shooting of a 7-year-old in Trenton made the front page, but child shootings are more rare than adult shootings.

I'm not saying you're wrong that it hasn't been reported, but I will argue that some of Malkin's claims are bunk. Hell, I'll even agree with you that as of this late date, there's a problem that this hasn't made national news.

For some reason, it escapes me how people think we have time for agendas in newsrooms.

JB - the problem I have is the AP story completely left out the fact that the guy had left a note about why he did it out of the story, when it was known immediately why he did it. That's BS.

I originally read about it here...

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=26176_Deranged_Moonbat_Shoots_Airman_on_Fou rth_of_July&only

boutons_
07-14-2007, 02:03 PM
"al-Boutons"

'there he goes again", just like dubya and dickhead. "If you are against us and our fucked up, bullshit war in Iraq, you are pro-terrorist".

How many US military lives have anti-war people wasted?

How many US military lives have dubya and dickhead wasted?

Now, who is more pro-military?

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-14-2007, 05:16 PM
JB - the problem I have is the AP story completely left out the fact that the guy had left a note about why he did it out of the story, when it was known immediately why he did it. That's BS.

I originally read about it here...

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=26176_Deranged_Moonbat_Shoots_Airman_on_Fou rth_of_July&only

As I said up there, the AP story was a brief sent out at a time that it seems nobody knew of a motive for this guy yet.

Here's the story as it looks on the wire.

Date: 07/05/2007 07:00 PM

BC-NJ--New Jersey News Digest/861
7 p.m. update

HEADLINES:

_ Live Earth New York? Not exactly

_ Miss New Jersey says someone trying to blackmail her over photos

_ 12-year-old shot to death outside housing complex in Camden

_ Investigators in missing mom case enlist Interpol, Internet

_ Scholarship helps those going back to school after a loved one dies in war

_ Poll: Bloomberg candidacy might even up presidential contest in NJ

_ NJ hometown honoring baseball pioneer Larry Doby

_ Dynamo look to extend unbeaten streak to 7 against Red Bulls

NEW DEVELOPMENTS:

_ UPDATES story and photo movement.

TOP STORIES:

LIVE EARTH-JERSEY SNUB

TRENTON _ When Saturday's Live Earth concerts bring focus to global warming, millions around the world will hear about Live Earth New York. But try as one might, they will find no such show in New York. It will be in New Jersey, and many here are tired of seeing New York steal New Jersey's thunder, whether it be with pro football teams, an American Idol episode or Live Earth. By Tom Hester Jr.

BEAUTY QUEEN-BLACKMAIL

MOUNT LAUREL _ When it comes to tough talk, Miss New Jersey is right up there with another character from her state, Tony Soprano. Amy Polumbo, who was crowned just last month, said Thursday that she had received a letter telling her that if she did not resign by Friday, some private photographs of her would be made public. But Miss New Jersey says she's not going anywhere. By Geoff Mulvihill.

AP Photos NJATL101, NJASB101.

BOY KILLED

CAMDEN _ A 12-year-old boy was shot to death while sitting in a car just before midnight, police said. Authorities said the victim was James Coleman, who lived in Camden. The prosecutor's office said the preteen was sitting in a car parked in a lot for the Branch Village Public Housing complex around 11 p.m. when he was wounded multiple times. By Geoff Mulvihill.

MISSING MOM

TRENTON _ Nearly a month after she disappeared, law enforcement authorities on Thursday were still struggling to find out what happened to Amy Giordano of Hightstown, why her baby was abandoned, and why her married boyfriend left for Italy. With no new leads on what happened to Rosario DiGirolamo after his June 14 flight from Newark Liberty International Airport to Milan, Italy, investigators were seeking extra help from Interpol, the world's largest international police organization, as they searched for the man described as a "person of interest" in the case. By Chris Newmarker.

WAR DEATHS-SCHOLARSHIPS

TRENTON _ Casey Duffy never pictured herself at the age of 28, raising a 3-year-old son on her own and worrying about her family's future. Then her husband Christopher, a 26-year-old National Guardsman, was killed in Baghdad when his convoy came under attack. Now, thanks in part to a scholarship provided by the New Jersey League of Community Bankers, Casey Duffy is going to school to get her teaching credential. The organization has raised $250,000 to help dependents of troops who died in the wars with Iraq and Afghanistan and is looking for prospective applicants who may need their help. By Rebecca Santana.

POLL-PRESIDENTIAL POLITICS

TRENTON _ If New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg jumps into the presidential race as an independent, he would take more votes from the GOP candidate than the Democrat, resulting in a tie between front-runners Rudy Giuliani and Hillary Rodham Clinton, according to a new poll. Until now, Clinton had been lagging behind the former Republican mayor of New York among Garden State voters. By Chris Newmarker.

LARRY DOBY TRIBUTE

PATERSON _ Sixty years after he became the first black man to play in baseball's American League, Larry Doby was being honored in his New Jersey hometown on Thursday. The tribute at a field named after him in Eastside Park commemorates Doby's first game for the Cleveland Indians.

ALSO:

_ AIRMAN SHOT _ An airman from McGuire Air Force Base was in critical condition Thursday after being shot in Willingboro, military officials said.

_ GROUNDHOG KILLED _ The Humane Society is offering a $2,500 reward in the case of a groundhog who was found hanging from a tree.

_ BEAR KILLED _ Police are looking for the person who shot and killed a young male bear that apparently was out on its own for the first time and looking for a new home.

SPORTS:

SOC-MLS--RED BULLS-HOUSTON DYNAMO

HOUSTON _ After going undefeated in June again, the Houston Dynamo look to extend their season-high unbeaten streak to seven games Thursday night when they host the slumping New York Red Bulls.

Eds: Game starts at 8 p.m.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-14-2007, 05:19 PM
And even then, the story you linked to was on July 9 and had nothing about it at all.

The only story that has any mention of a note or anger towards the government is the July 6 one from the Burlington County Times that I linked to above.

Once again, where does "peace activist" come from? Does somebody simply have to be against the war to be a peace activist or must they take an active role in promoting the withdrawal of troops?

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-14-2007, 09:03 PM
"al-Boutons"

'there he goes again", just like dubya and dickhead. "If you are against us and our fucked up, bullshit war in Iraq, you are pro-terrorist".

How many US military lives have anti-war people wasted?

How many US military lives have dubya and dickhead wasted?

Now, who is more pro-military?

Uh, it's not that I call you that because you're against W.

It's because of all your posts on this site that take exhibit great joy whenever something goes wrong for America.

So, you're either pro-Al-Qaeda, or even worse your petty hate of our president and his party has taken you to the extreme that you take great joy in the death and destruction to Americans (troops) and/or American interests.

So which is it? Are you part of the jihad, or are you such a partisan bigot filled with hate and violence that you enjoy seeing stories about another American troop dead?

Quit with the straw man bullshit and show some independent thought and bring a decent take for once.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-14-2007, 09:04 PM
And even then, the story you linked to was on July 9 and had nothing about it at all.

The only story that has any mention of a note or anger towards the government is the July 6 one from the Burlington County Times that I linked to above.

Once again, where does "peace activist" come from? Does somebody simply have to be against the war to be a peace activist or must they take an active role in promoting the withdrawal of troops?

I stand corrected, jumped the gun a little bit. Sorry.

boutons_
07-14-2007, 09:21 PM
dickless Aggie, you're full of bullshit.

"So, you're either pro-Al-Qaeda, or even worse your petty hate of our president and his party has taken you to the extreme that you take great joy in the death and destruction to Americans (troops) and/or American interests"

no other possibilities? geez, I guess I'm fucked,then.

or maybe it's your logic that is fucked, yeah, that's better, you logic is fucked.

dubya, dickhead, and the Repugs have lessened the security of US, de-stabilized the M/E to NO BENEFIT, while fucking up every domestic program they have touched to the detriment of individuals in favor of institutions, have loosened environmental restrictions so corps can fuck up the environment, have enriched and protected the corps and the super-rich, etc,etc.

From the Iraq war on down, the Repugs can show NO PROGRESS in any area absolutely, and anything they try to say is progress is overwhelmingly offset by the disaster of the Iraq war. And you're STILL supporting these motherfuckers.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-14-2007, 10:28 PM
no other possibilities? geez, I guess I'm fucked,then.

Either shut the fuck up or bring a take that would lead one to put you in some other category. You are the most hateful, spiteful, violent little cunt I have ever seen. I think Osama is more likely to have Thanksgiving Dinner at W's ranch than you are to ever bring a level, coherent post that isn't full of violent, hateful trash.

dubya, dickhead, and the Repugs have lessened the security of US, de-stabilized the M/E to NO BENEFIT

Wake the fuck up needle dick. Muslim Conquests/Crusades. Look it up. Ever since the Ayatollah in Iran declared war on the west, it's been going again.

Sadly, pissant simpletons like you don't get it and won't until there's a mushroom cloud over some American city or London. It's sad that we'll have to see that day come before dumbfucks like you get it.