PDA

View Full Version : andray blatche?

coachmac87
07-14-2007, 10:07 PM
shredian has him in his top 10 free agents..even ahead of nocioni!!! i hear this guy is all potential but exactly how much?? anybody kno much about him?? and his strengths and weaknesses

AFBlue
07-14-2007, 10:08 PM
shredian has him in his top 10 free agents..even ahead of nocioni!!! i hear this guy is all potential but exactly how much?? anybody kno much about him?? and his strengths and weaknesses

He's a long, skinny athletic kid that prefer to plays on the perimeter.

You could call him KG-lite, but that would be giving him all kinds of dap that he has yet to earn....

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-14-2007, 10:32 PM
Way too unproven. Let him develop in the NBADL or europe.

coachmac87
07-14-2007, 11:41 PM
but does he deserve to be in the top ten free agents???? if he is so unproven then why is he rated so damn high??

Marcus Bryant
07-15-2007, 12:24 AM
If the Spurs were willing to throw 3 yrs, $11mil+ at Amir Johnson...

AFBlue
07-15-2007, 12:30 AM
If the Spurs were willing to throw 3 yrs, $11mil+ at Amir Johnson...

I'd rather they throw 3yrs $11M at Travis Outlaw than Blatche....

Marcus Bryant
07-15-2007, 12:58 AM
Blatche Connection?

It's doubtful that Wizards fans could identify Detroit Pistons forward Amir Johnson without a game program but Johnson's decision to sign a four-year, $12 million pact with the Pistons on Thursday could impact Washington's negotiations with it's own third-year forward, Andray Blatche.

Here is why: like the 6-foot-9 Johnson, the 6-foot-11 Blatche was taken in the second-round of the 2005 draft after skipping college. Johnson came out of Westchester high school in Los Angeles while Blatche spent one year at South Kent Prep in Connecticut.

Both players are raw but talented young big men with versatility and limited NBA experience though Blatche has seen far more action than Johnson. Johnson has appeared in 11 games with the Pistons while Blatche has played 85 games with 13 starts.

And like Pistons general manager Joe Dumars, who said keeping Johnson was his focus after re-signing Chauncey Billups, Grunfeld has made it clear that retaining Stevenson and Blatche were his main summer priorities.

According to a league source, the Wizards have made a preliminary offer to Blatche but that offer wasn't close to the one signed by Johnson this week. Because Blatche is a restricted free agent, Grunfeld could simply wait and see what offers come Blatche's way and if Blatche signs, Grunfeld would have seven days to decide whether or not to match.

link (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/13/AR2007071302032.html)

SenorSpur
07-15-2007, 01:04 AM
I read somewhere that Dallas is giving this kid strong consideration.

Slinkyman
07-15-2007, 01:19 AM
I'd rather they throw 3yrs $11M at Travis Outlaw than Blatche....

If the Outlaw signed for that much the blazers would match without even thinking about it, he's apart of their youth movement. But the Wiz are close to the luxury tax after resigning stevenson and Arenas is gonna want huge money next offseason, which might make them balk at paying Blatche that much unless they dump Etan Thomas.