PDA

View Full Version : GTG: 7-12-2007 "The Trade" w/Pics

drmvp
07-15-2007, 06:16 AM
Hey Folks,

Had a great time at our impromptu GTG celebrating The Trade.

My wife and I took some pics, but we haven't stopped by Walgreens yet to pick up the photos (yeah, we're still using an old fashioned camera).

However, one person there sent me a picture I'll share just to get things started off.

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20070705/capt.sge.tue53.050707045857.photo02.photo.default-512x336.jpg?x=380&y=249&sig=4Z7kwzB9.7SQ2agngCcheQ--

I'm new here, so I haven't been able to match up all the of nics with all of the faces, but that's me, drmvp, on the right.

I do know, however, that someone named SequSpur was standing just beside me jumping up trying to get into the picture. I'm sorry the picture was cut short -- the look on his face was priceless.

Anyway, gotta go for now. But if anyone else wants to share their pics, be my guest.

Let's do it again soon!

See ya later,
drmvp

ShoogarBear
07-15-2007, 06:36 AM
:lol

drmvp
07-15-2007, 06:57 AM
Oh, and a hat tip to timvp for coining it The Trade.

Next GTG will be to celebrate The Hoax.

ShoogarBear
07-15-2007, 06:58 AM
Rocket Fan is going to torture us all summer.

Hopefully it'll turn out the same way it did after Mav Fan's fun last summer :smokin

drmvp
07-15-2007, 07:14 AM

Hopefully it'll turn out the same way it did after Mav Fan's fun last summer :smokin

Naw ... Sure, I like the Rockets having spent time in Houston during the Dream years, but I'm a basketball polygamist...or at least a basketball bigamist.

That pic was of us shouting "NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" with blood curling rage.

My first reaction came from my deep-seated love for the Spurs. Make no mistake about that.

drmvp
07-15-2007, 07:40 AM

Hey, that's a funny take on it, ShoogarBear, if you assumed we were Rocket fans shouting "YEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!" in the pic ... and I was here talking smack.

Maybe I should have stuck with that interpretation. :downspin:

George Gervin's Afro
07-15-2007, 10:02 AM

We get tortured every offseason.

Marcus Bryant
07-15-2007, 10:38 AM
We get tortured every offseason.

...and celebrate in every other. Rings, not trades of obscure bigmen, that is.

drmvp
07-15-2007, 11:11 AM
Sigh ...

Someone please lock (or just delete) this thread, immediately.

The purpose of this tongue-in-cheek thread was for those of us who had an immediate, blood-boiling and overreactive response to The Trade to engage in a little self-deprecating humor and ribbing about ourselves now that we've calmed down some.

Those of us who were so mad they changed their favorite teams in their profile, wrote wild-eyed crazy shit, etc.

You know, link to funny, crazed-looking madmen as representing ourselves...or other more creative means.

Oh well ... bye.

lotr1trekkie
07-15-2007, 12:25 PM
Actually , Butler was the main prize and Scola was thrown in as a bonus.