PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant to be Traded to Memphis,(RUMOR)

ducks
07-15-2007, 09:22 AM
Kobe Bryant to be Traded to Memphis, Says Guy Who Might be Fired if He's Right
Posted Jul 15th 2007 1:34AM by mjd
Filed under: Lakers, Grizzlies, Western, NBA Media Watch, NBA Rumors, Breaking News, Summer League

During the online webcast of the Summer League Suns/Blazers game, one of the broadcasters (I don't know who it was, sorry) made a little bit of a mistake. His mouth believed he was off the air, but his microphone disagreed ... and unbeknownst to the broadcaster himself, he told the whole world this:

A Lakers team source told him that the Lakers would be trading Kobe Bryant to the Grizzlies for Pau Gasol and Mike Miller, and that it would be going down in the next 10 days.

For whatever it's worth, the proposed deal does work under the cap.

Now, I'm not telling you that this is going to happen. I don't know who the source was ... hell, I don't even know who the broadcaster was.

He sort of backtracked when the broadcast went back to live, and someone made him aware of his boo-boo. He said that anyone who listens to him knows that he just makes stuff up ... and hey, maybe he did. That's entirely possible. Maybe he's a pathological liar.

But it's also a possibility that he's someone who knows something, and he spilled some beans that should have remain unspilled.

I'll spare any trade analysis until something actually goes down, but I think we all know this ... since the day Darko stepped into the league, he and Kobe have had identical personalities and were destined to mesh together and dominate the NBA.http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/07/15/kobe-bryant-to-be-traded-to-memphis-says-guy-who-might-be-fired/

Vinnie_Johnson
07-15-2007, 09:26 AM
lmao if that is all they get for Kobe. The Lakers would be even more screwed if that's possible.

CubanMustGo
07-15-2007, 10:53 AM
I can't see Kobe approving a trade to a backwater like Memphis, and I can't see Buss being dumb enough to trade him for that little in return. NEXT!

Phil Hellmuth
07-15-2007, 10:58 AM
:blah :blah :blah :blah :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :lol :lol :lol

TDMVPDPOY
07-15-2007, 11:13 AM
I can't see Kobe approving a trade to a backwater like Memphis, and I can't see Buss being dumb enough to trade him for that little in return. NEXT!

they got jackshit out of shaq trade...desperate times mate

justanotherspursfan
07-15-2007, 11:20 AM
Wow, and I was thinking that the Shaq trade was lousy. If they're dumb enough to do that, maybe we can offer them Barry and Beno for Gasol.

Fabbs
07-15-2007, 01:13 PM
Attention whore Kobe in Memphis? Naw.

greenroom
07-15-2007, 01:55 PM
Kobe would never report to Memphis. Although a good city it is not a city that Kobe and Ms Kobe will ever go to live

baseline bum
07-15-2007, 02:01 PM
Great source there, you quack. :lol

Medvedenko
07-15-2007, 03:17 PM
Unless Jerry west is there...I don't see it coming at all. Kobe's been awfully quite lately and has apologized to Mitch and Bynum...so who knows.

itzsoweezee
07-15-2007, 03:17 PM
that would be awesome

Jeremy
07-15-2007, 03:24 PM
It was the Blazers radio broadcasters (they had the audio stream from Blazers radio with the live video webcast on NBA.com), and the guy was just joking and making up silly stories.

It was a JOKE!

spurscenter
07-15-2007, 03:24 PM
It was a joke made by the announcer.

It was a joke, he was fucking with the fans at home.

Chickendog
07-15-2007, 04:27 PM
and the sun will come up in the west in south texas. :wakeup

ducks
07-15-2007, 06:33 PM
Great source there, you quack. :lol
yep :downspin: