PDA

View Full Version : State Inspection sites

SrA Husker
07-15-2007, 11:30 AM
Where is a good place to get a State Inspection that won't try to give you crap and make you do stuff you don't need to do? I've heard there's a few places that let you stay in the car and do everything - which I would prefer as I don't like other people driving my car. Preferably a place that also doesn't check window tinting too well - I had mine done as a "bonus" from my car salesman when I got the car and he tinted it dark enough that I don't think it's legal - I'm honestly not sure what level the tint even is... but I like it and don't want to take it off :)

SpursWoman
07-15-2007, 11:46 AM
The stand alone ones are the worst...they even scrutinize your gas cap.

From my own personal experience, I'd go to like a Jiffy Lube and get an oil change, new air filter, and maybe a couple of other services...and usually that works. :nerd :lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-15-2007, 12:29 PM
I don't know what side of town you're on, but the two local ones I've used in the past are this little repair shop just inside Loop 1604 on Culebra and a place called Rivas Repair or Rivas Tire Shop just off Hwy 90 and Probandt.

cherylsteele
07-15-2007, 12:48 PM
Print this checklist out before you get your vehicle inspected.
This is from the state of Texas website.

Maybe take it with you so you know of the inspector is being fair.

inspection checklist (http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/vi/publications/rules/safety_manual/Chapter%204.htm#05.01)

CubanMustGo
07-15-2007, 02:08 PM
I just go to one of the chain oil places ... have never had a problem with 'unneeded' repairs to pass inspection.