PDA

View Full Version : Who is ime Udoka?

Fast Dunk
07-15-2007, 12:36 PM
Just another journey man who can't fit in the teams he played for...
In 2 words:

HE SUCKS!

LOL :lol

Former teams:

Charleston Lowgators
Los Angeles Lakers (2004)
Fort Worth Flyers
New York Knicks (2006)
Portland Trail Blazers (2007)

lawstudent
07-15-2007, 12:39 PM
who was bruce bowen before pop got a hold of him

SequSpur
07-15-2007, 12:40 PM
i agree.. 28 year old, who has half the game of a Devin Brown and doesn't do much.

He's no Bowen either.

Fast Dunk
07-15-2007, 12:42 PM
Nice 12 million/3 years the Spurs are going to pay him.. :lol :lol :dizzy

Damn Scola came out cheaper to play for the Rockets !!

djohn14
07-15-2007, 12:44 PM
He fit in with the Blazers, they just can't resign him.

Fast Dunk
07-15-2007, 12:44 PM
i agree.. 28 year old, who has half the game of a Devin Brown and doesn't do much.

He's no Bowen either.

Actually he's 30 and getting older...

Gino20
07-15-2007, 12:46 PM
In 2 words:

HE SUCKS!

Former teams:

Charleston Lowgators
Fort Worth Flyers
New York Knicks (2006)

He is better then 90% of the Cavs team lol!!!

Magic_Johnson
07-15-2007, 12:48 PM

actually bowen played in the french league and was one of the best player

Kori Ellis
07-15-2007, 12:49 PM
Actually he's 30 and getting older...

Actually he's 29 for a few more weeks.

:lol

Born: Aug 9, 1977

Anyway, do you ever get tired of trolling? I know you change your user name every once in a while, but aren't you bored by now?

cherylsteele
07-15-2007, 12:58 PM
In 2 words:

HE SUCKS!

Former teams:

Charleston Lowgators
Fort Worth Flyers
New York Knicks (2006)
Doesn't Devin Brown beat this in the number of teams he's played for?
Wasn't sent down to the NBDL a couple of time along with playing for
Spurs
Denver
New Orleans
Utah

The number of teams and what league they were in makes little difference
as long as he can play. If the Cavs got him he would be instantly the second best player on their team.

Fast Dunk
07-15-2007, 01:03 PM
Actually he's 29 for a few more weeks.

:lol

Anyway, do you ever get tired of trolling? I know you change your user name every once in a while, but aren't you bored by now?

:wtf

What are you talking about!!??

Johnny RIngo
07-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Udoka will probably be more useful to the Spurs than Grant Hill will be for the S0ns.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-15-2007, 01:24 PM
Fast Dunk is just sad that their team is still stuck with the same roster. And you know how that roster did in the playoffs. :)

picnroll
07-15-2007, 01:25 PM

Who else has FastDunk been and what other teams has he pretended to be his favorites? People that continually change user names need to be outed.

cherylsteele
07-15-2007, 01:33 PM
If you goto NBA.com and compare Udoka and Bowen side by side, Udoka has better number than Bowen in slightly fewer minutes. The only edge Bowen has that you can see in the player stats is height.

Bowen was bascially a no-name before he signed with the Spurs, Udoka could end being the same thing.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-15-2007, 01:35 PM
He's also Fast Dunk with the extra space. :)

spurs4real
07-15-2007, 02:02 PM
I dont know but reading what his Portland fans say about him, makes me want him more and more. Even though I know nothing about the guy, he and bowen side by side with duncan holding down the fork is an awesome sight.

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/youbethegm/?/blazers/youbethegm/content/comments_udoka.html

great comments comparing him to Bruce Bowen

I could care less that he's from Portland. I could care less about his character. If he shows up to play and practice, that's all I ask for. That being said, the PO needs a Bruce Bowen-type piece for the team to play as a whole, someone who's not constantly looking for their shot, but will take it when needed. Plus, he can defend like Johnny Cochran and should come at a discount. He should start for three years until Outlaw is read to rep the 503. Rip City, Larson out.

Ime is certainly a good player for the right price. He's a solid defender and a player in the mold of a Bruce Bowen who knows his role and does it quietly and effectively. However, this shouldn't be a cue to break the bank to keep him. A two year deal at about 3 million per year sounds reasonable. Plus, being a role player on a bad team, I highly doubt anyone else will offer him more.

our Bruce Bowen enough said !!!!!!!!!!!

Worst case scenario? Ime would make a great 6th man. We asked this guy to match against the opponent's best player (typically someone taller or stronger than him), and he managed to shut most of them down. That's a skill we can always use. He's developed an accurate 3-point shot which aides in spreading the floor. Another skill we can always use. He's versatile. He can play the 2 or the 3. Again a skill this team can use. I hope Ime is a big part of this franchise. Is he the next Bruce Bowen? I don't know if I'd go that far, but he's exactly the type of guy Nate needs coming off of the bench next year to solidify his 2nd unit.

Udoka is the Bruce Bowen of the Blazers. He is a must keep. Check out their stats side by side for the 06-07 season. Eerily similar but Udoka could be the better player here. Bowen Udoka 30 min per gm 28.4 min per gm 40.5% FG 46.1 FG 38.4% 3PT 40.6 3PT 58.9% FT 74.2 FT 2.7 RB 3.7 RB 1.4 AST 1.5 AST 0.8 TO 1.0 TO 0.8 ST 1.0 ST There's a slim chance another team will offer him a longer contract with more money. If we have to get rid of a player, I hope that player is Martell Webster. That kid has no hope.

Ime isn't a long-term solution at SF, but he is the team's best perimeter defender and he brings a sense of stability to the lineup. I do think Outlaw and Webster have more upside, and they can probably find someone in the draft with even more, but none of them are going to provide what Ime provides NOW. So lets sign Ime for a 2-3 year contract. He can contribute similar to Raja Bell in Phoenix or Bruce Bowen in SA. By the time his contract ends, he'll be 33, and at least one of the youngsters will have developed by then.

Solid D
07-15-2007, 03:55 PM
Besancon France
Rockford Lightning CBA
Miami Heat - played 1 game
Boston Celtics - played 61 games 1st season, 30 games the next season
Philadelphia - played in 42 games, traded to Chicago
Chicago Bulls - 0 games waived
Miami Heat - claimed off waivers, played 27 games (Age 28)
Miami Heat - played in 82 games 72 as a starter 7.6 ppg, 3 rpg (Age 29)

This was Bruce Bowen's career prior to being signed as a Free Agent at age 30 with the Spurs.

Mr. Body
07-15-2007, 04:07 PM
Becuase Udoka sort of followed a Bowen-esque career arc, it's small proof he'll be Bowen again. Let's not unduly overrate him.

objective
07-15-2007, 04:09 PM
in the two games I re-watched he didn't look to be Bowen-esque. Small sample I know.

Had some active hands, some good hustle.

If had to peg him to someone Devin Brown wouldn't be the worst comparison.

and I just mean defense and size.

Udoka looked like the better shooter, Brown a better athlete.

Solid D
07-15-2007, 04:47 PM
Becuase Udoka sort of followed a Bowen-esque career arc, it's small proof he'll be Bowen again. Let's not unduly overrate him.

The data on Bowen is for the clowns dissing the notion of offering a contract to a 30 year old with one good season.

MajorMike
07-15-2007, 05:41 PM

Strange... I didn't know Pop was at Miami during the 00-01 season.

BradLohaus
07-15-2007, 06:09 PM
He's a one hit wonder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS8UHOFk-KI

But he can only help team morale, if his skills haven't slipped! :lol

Budkin
07-15-2007, 10:51 PM
LEONARD is a punk.

jay014
07-15-2007, 11:27 PM
they're going after the wrong blazer they should be going after Travis Outlaw.

mikeanthony21
07-16-2007, 12:25 AM

She's talking about you and your incessant babbling, you twit!

picnroll
07-16-2007, 05:38 AM
Fast Dunk = LEONARD. Makes sense.