PDA

View Full Version : Schlitterbahn - whats in your picnic cooler??

ObiwanGinobili
07-15-2007, 03:44 PM
So we are going to Schlitterbahn this wendsday and thursday and I am checking out the pantry and cleaning the cooler in preparation. But I am just out of ideas on what to bring (and after buying 2 day tickets for 6 folks we ain;t buying whole meals at the park.. these peeps'll be lucky I let them all split 1 turkey leg).
I know I know, chips and soda blah blah boring - what else?

So if you are going to the best waterpark in the world- what do you pack to eat? Whats in your cooler folks? :hungry:

Cant_Be_Faded
07-15-2007, 03:45 PM
Bring healthy snacks like fruits, a few vicodin, some beer, sunscreen, you're set.

tw05baller
07-15-2007, 03:50 PM
sandwiches

AnkleBreaker21
07-15-2007, 04:48 PM
sandwiches,sodas,gatorades, chips

John McClane
07-16-2007, 03:14 AM
lots of fruit, especially oranges, some pickle juice to prevent dehydration, shitloads of sunscreen, no soda - horrible for you if you're in the sun, a chest of iced down bottled water, and whatever snack foods your crew likes to eat.

Hit the Master Blaster for me - I love that one.

Beno Udrih
07-16-2007, 03:25 AM
Tacos.

Beno Udrih
07-16-2007, 03:26 AM
:hungry:

Soul_Patch
07-16-2007, 08:07 AM
Man i miss going to schilterbahn as a kid.

ObiwanGinobili
07-16-2007, 10:07 AM
well so far I got:

berries mixed up together in some rubbermaids - blueberries, strawberries, raspberries
a bunch o' bananas
chedder bunnies (the organic alternative to gold fish)
6pk of water
6pk o f Hansen's lemon lime soda
1/2 a brisket sliced
1/2 loaf wheat bread
1 jar of pickles
peanut butter and jelly (little ones)
corn chips and salsa

tlongII
07-16-2007, 10:46 AM
Do they have a FlowRider there? If so, do you like it?

ObiwanGinobili
07-16-2007, 10:50 AM
Whats a flow rider ( can you describe the ride?) and they have just about everythign ever because the also manufacuter and design most of the water rides other parks buy.

www.schlitterbahn.com/nb
check em out.

ploto
07-16-2007, 11:26 AM
well so far I got:

berries mixed up together in some rubbermaids - blueberries, strawberries, raspberries
a bunch o' bananas
chedder bunnies (the organic alternative to gold fish)
6pk of water
6pk o f Hansen's lemon lime soda
1/2 a brisket sliced
1/2 loaf wheat bread
1 jar of pickles
peanut butter and jelly (little ones)
corn chips and salsa
Make sure nothing is in glass containers- like your pickles, jelly and salsa. No glass allowed.

ObiwanGinobili
07-16-2007, 12:23 PM
Make sure nothing is in glass containers- like your pickles, jelly and salsa. No glass allowed.

thanks for the reminder! :tu

tlongII
07-16-2007, 12:31 PM
Whats a flow rider ( can you describe the ride?) and they have just about everythign ever because the also manufacuter and design most of the water rides other parks buy.

www.schlitterbahn.com/nb
check em out.

It's actually a Flowrider. It's a kind of wave machine that you surf on. I heard they had one in Texas and they're building one in Sunriver where my folks' vacation home is.

tlongII
07-16-2007, 12:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71M9jpT01Yg

ObiwanGinobili
07-16-2007, 04:13 PM
yeah, they call it the Boogie Bahn, and it;s the only reason to head over to the surfenburg section of hte park IMO...well except for the Dragon Blaster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqQpPnVoVDc&mode=related&search=

and here is hte MasterBlaster -uhm, put it on mute tho these guys sound dumb - best ride EVER http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxs5WbktXac

Ballcox
07-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Took the kids to Schlitterbahn just the other day, had a blast! Just don't bring any bottles in. If you want to bring alcohol just mix it early and bring it in a plastic container. I brought a little vodka/orange juice combo. When they checked out my cooler, just looked like regular orange juice.

That place is also crowded as hell right now. I would recommend getting there early and getting in line for the master blaster first thing. Later in the day the line for that ride was getting up to 2 plus hours! Have fun!

ObiwanGinobili
07-16-2007, 04:21 PM
Did you go on a weekend or a weekday?
I ask because we were really hoping to avoid some of the mid-summer crowds by going in the middle of the week.

Ballcox
07-16-2007, 04:25 PM
Went this last Friday, was also hoping to avoid some of the huge weekend crowds. And it wasn't too bad, you should have even better luck if you're going earlier in the week. I think all of the rain we've had has decreased the size of the crowds some.

I'm a kid at heart, so it's a great time for an adult like me but it's an even bigger blast for the kids, they LOVE that place. I have a feeling season passes aren't too far away. :lol

ObiwanGinobili
07-16-2007, 05:57 PM
yeah, me too. I LOVe that place and I try to go at least once every year, sometimes more. But the kids REALLY love it! This will be my girls 1st time and my youngest brother's 2nd (he's 9) last year was his 1st time and he said "this is the best day of my entire life!" :lol

AnkleBreaker21
07-16-2007, 06:00 PM
well i live in new braunfels, and i can tell you that any day during the week from now on and the weekend are going to be packed as hell

CuckingFock
07-16-2007, 06:03 PM
take condoms, candles, and matches.

AnkleBreaker21
07-16-2007, 06:04 PM
dude get the fuck out of here, go back to the troll room

CuckingFock
07-16-2007, 06:08 PM
u sound hot...

we should get together u smoke joints and I smoke cocks (i'm bi) we have a lot in common.

leemajors
07-16-2007, 06:58 PM
yeah, they call it the Boogie Bahn, and it;s the only reason to head over to the surfenburg section of hte park IMO...well except for the Dragon Blaster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqQpPnVoVDc&mode=related&search=

and here is hte MasterBlaster -uhm, put it on mute tho these guys sound dumb - best ride EVER http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxs5WbktXac
uhh the wave pool is the best part. screw waiting in line for boogie bahn. it's all about getting whistled for climbing too far back into the wave machine.

ploto
07-17-2007, 08:59 AM
Tuesdays are the slowest day.

ObiwanGinobili
07-17-2007, 09:33 AM
damn it. well wendsday shouldn;t be too packed tho I'm guessing, adn that the day we are takign the girls (they are 1.5 and 3) on thursday we are leaving them at my in-Law's (who live 2 blocks away from Blastenhoff) so it'll be just the adults elbowing and jabbing for good spots in line :lol