PDA

View Full Version : Espys

whottt
07-15-2007, 08:42 PM
Damn these thing suck...the jokes are as bad as the last time I watched them in 1994.

Questions:

Has any Spur ever won an ESPY?

Will they even get mentioned on the show outside of the nominations...

Payton Manning has 5 ESPYS?

Howm any does Tim Duncan and the best sports franchise in North America over the past 10 years have?

THe beauty of ESPN's continual dissing of the Spurs is that hurts them when finals time comes around...and Ilove that.

florige
07-15-2007, 08:46 PM
ESPY's are a product of ESPN. Remember the same ESPN that had Kobe Bryant as their lead story even though we had just won the West, that ESPN. I think everyone over there is anti-Spur. Too Boring for their taste I guess. :lol

On a side note, can someone find and bump the thread that I'm sure was a hot topic a couple of months ago a day following, or right after that Joey Crawford fiasco. I joined a month later after that and I'm just anxious to see the reaction. I couldn't find the search thread menu for some reason. Thanks.... :king

whottt
07-15-2007, 08:50 PM
Spurcount:

I just saw Horry there. And he had that...I have more rings than LeBron and Shaq combined smile on his face.

duncan228
07-15-2007, 09:01 PM
ESPY's are a product of ESPN. Remember the same ESPN that had Kobe Bryant as their lead story even though we had just won the West, that ESPN. I think everyone over there is anti-Spur. Too Boring for their taste I guess. :lol

On a side note, can someone find and bump the thread that I'm sure was a hot topic a couple of months ago a day following, or right after that Joey Crawford fiasco. I joined a month later after that and I'm just anxious to see the reaction. I couldn't find the search thread menu for some reason. Thanks.... :king

Search is off at the moment. I don't know why but I believe it will be back soon.

The threads on Duncan/Crawford should be easy to find when it's back.

florige
07-15-2007, 09:02 PM
Search is off at the moment. I don't know why but I believe it will be back soon.

The threads on Duncan/Crawford should be easy to find when it's back.

Thanks.. I thought maybe I was just going blind or something.

CubanMustGo
07-15-2007, 09:36 PM
Eternally Sucks Posterboy Network ain't ever going to give jack to the Spurs.

whottt
07-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Finley is there...

Spurcount = 2

whottt
07-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Bowen = 3

HeyIt'sMe
07-15-2007, 09:57 PM
I can already tell you that the Colts won Best Team, Dungy won best coach, and Peyton Manning won some awards. Biased much? FWIW, Florida basketball should of won best team, but I digress.

whottt
07-15-2007, 10:07 PM
Thanks for letting me know...you just covered all the categories the Spurs were nominated in...now I can turn this piece of crap off. Muchos Gracias.

bdictjames
07-15-2007, 10:09 PM
What made me laugh is that Lebron got nominated for best championship performance regarding that 48-point performance he had against the Pistons.. :lol

You have to admit.. that one with Kimmel and Patrick was funny.

whottt
07-15-2007, 10:11 PM
You have to admit.. that one with Kimmel and Patrick was funny.

I haven't seen anything in the slightest bit funny yet...just embarrasing about how unfunny this all is...exactly like the last time I watched it...after the 90's Cowboys won their second Superbowl...

It's funny because they try and tell all these jokes but they just come off as a bunch of mean spirited assholes.

boutons_
07-15-2007, 10:13 PM
How embarrassing and degrading:

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/users/0/88/28_2007/75366131_10.preview_0.jpg

OldDirtMcGirt
07-15-2007, 10:20 PM
All of the ESPYs aren't just biased against the Spurs, they're biased against the NBA (which isn't nearly as popular as the NCAA sports or the NFL, or even MLB for that matter). I mean if you're talking about regular season games, Suns v. Mavs 2 OT was way better than Oklahoma St. v. Texas. Plus, LT won the best record breaking performance when his was far and away the least impressive.

whottt
07-15-2007, 10:24 PM
All of the ESPYs aren't just biased against the Spurs, they're biased against the NBA (which isn't nearly as popular as the NCAA sports or the NFL, or even MLB for that matter). I mean if you're talking about regular season games, Suns v. Mavs 2 OT was way better than Oklahoma St. v. Texas. Plus, LT won the best record breaking performance when his was far and away the least impressive.

LeBron won best championship performance...tell me that isn't bias.

OldDirtMcGirt
07-15-2007, 10:25 PM

Man that literally made me laugh out loud. What a crock of shit. ESPN is dead to me, they've been absolutely awful for the past months with all of this Kobe/KG bullshit and the LeBron hype.

G-Nob
07-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Been sayng it for years...E S P N Sucks. Theres no need to go over there. That "award" show is a cartoon. Burman sucks. Dan Patrick was the last decent personality they had, now he's leaving and rightly so. It is a caricature of itself. End of story.

gaKNOW!blee
07-15-2007, 11:15 PM
guys get over it, its just a little award show that wont even be talked about within the next week. its just something to have a little fun. quit fucking picking a part every little thing you see, just relax and enjoy something for the first time in your life.

and Lebron deserved the best championship performance, numberous game tieing/winning shots and 25 straight pts to go along with 29 out of the last 30. Or maybe it shouldve been Peyton Manning and his 1 td?

coachmac87
07-15-2007, 11:20 PM
i loved it how TO had that star on his jacket...man it got me excited for some dallas cowboy football

td4mvp21
07-15-2007, 11:20 PM

Are you fucking serious?!?! That's ridiculous.

whottt
07-15-2007, 11:23 PM
guys get over it, its just a little award show that wont even be talked about within the next week. its just something to have a little fun. quit fucking picking a part every little thing you see, just relax and enjoy something for the first time in your life.

Hey...if I need a coach to tell me how to live my life I'll look you up...until that time...go fuck yourself. Did you see me asking for advice on how to feel about the ESPYS? Opinions are like assholes...nobody wants yours, but you.

and Lebron deserved the best championship performance, numberous game tieing/winning shots and 25 straight pts to go along with 29 out of the last 30. Or maybe it shouldve been Peyton Manning and his 1 td?

Yeah...except for the fact that he didn't win a fucking championship...idiot.

JamStone
07-15-2007, 11:27 PM
I thought the ESPYs were voted on by the fans. If that's the case, it's not all ESPN's fault.

I didn't watch the whole thing, but I caught the beginning and some of the rest of the show. I thought LeBron did pretty well in allowing himself to poke fun at himself. The Bobby Brown skit was fairly amusing. Give him credit for going through with it. He did well, I thought.

sa_kid20
07-15-2007, 11:28 PM

BSPN

whottt
07-15-2007, 11:31 PM
I thought the ESPYs were voted on by the fans. If that's the case, it's not all ESPN's fault.

I didn't watch the whole thing, but I caught the beginning and some of the rest of the show. I thought LeBron did pretty well in allowing himself to poke fun at himself. The Bobby Brown skit was fairly amusing. Give him credit for going through with it. He did well, I thought.

LeBron was probably the best part of the show....I still thought it sucked. The Bobby Brown thing would have been better if LeBron had the slightest musical talent...he didn't sound like he was having much fun doing the singing part...he sounded like a guy at a karaoke bar whose chick has talked him into getting up there and singing. It wasn't a polished parody...

And the dunking baby thing wasn't particularly funny either.

The reason the show sucks is because athletes aren't comedians...and they try to make them be...

gaKNOW!blee
07-15-2007, 11:36 PM
Hey...if I need a coach to tell me how to live my life I'll look you up...until that time...go fuck yourself. Did you see me asking for advice on how to feel about the ESPYS? Opinions are like assholes...nobody wants yours, but you.

Yeah...except for the fact that he didn't win a fucking championship...idiot.
hmm nobody wants my opinion? the first thing you said in this thread is an opinion.

its not called best finals performance, its called best championship. Lebron did it in the Eastern conference CHAMPIONSHIP, therefore it counts you fucking moron.

sprrs
07-15-2007, 11:47 PM
hmm nobody wants my opinion? the first thing you said in this thread is an opinion.

its not called best finals performance, its called best championship. Lebron did it in the Eastern conference CHAMPIONSHIP, therefore it counts you fucking moron.

If we're gonna get vague with the titles of the awards, Baron Davis should have won with his game 6 western conference quarter finals championship performance.

whottt
07-15-2007, 11:50 PM

What was my opinon about? Idiot.

Was it about how to get more enjoyment out of the ESPYS idiot? No it wasn't.

Did you at any point see me asking for that bit of advice? Idiot? No you did not.

IS this board concerned in any way with helping it's members get more enjoyment of suckass awards shows? No it is not...idiot.

Why then..did you feel your opinion was appropriate for this thread, or this board.,..you idiot?

Here's is what I want you to do idiot...this is how I want want you to get more enjoyment out of your life and your awards shows...I know you aren't asking.....but then neither was I. Still you felt qualified to give unsolicited advice on matters totally unrelated to the thread and board..

I want you to go eat shit...and I want you to enjoy it.

And then I want you to die...painfully. Will you do that? Thanks...

And try not to take me too seriously...you stupid fucking shitbag.,

Pathetic.

sa_kid20
07-15-2007, 11:53 PM
the whole thing is bullshit. its nothing more than a popularity contest proven by LeBron winning the award because of something he did in the EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS.

justanotherspursfan
07-15-2007, 11:58 PM
Maybe they should have given it to Nowitski, for the regular season "championship" he won. Makes as much sense as LeBron.

leemajors
07-15-2007, 11:59 PM
the UT/A&M game where Law hit threes to pull them back in it was just as good as that OSU/UT game imo.

Nathan Explosion
07-16-2007, 12:01 AM

I'll be sure to remember that, so that way if one of the Longhorns does something in the Big 12 championsip game (I'm talking college sports, so naturally I'm talking football), like say Colt McCoy going for 5 TDs and over 400 yards, I'll be sure to submit if to ESPN for consideration.

After all, it was a championship game, sort of.

Sorry, but when I think title games, or championships, I think the whole thing, and not just winning a league or conference title to get to the real championship game/series.

Whatever, the awards are meaningless so who really cares.

gaKNOW!blee
07-16-2007, 12:04 AM
What was my opinon about? Idiot.

Was it about how to get more enjoyment out of the ESPYS idiot? No it wasn't.

Did you at any point see me asking for that bit of advice? Idiot? No you did not.

IS this board concerned in any way with helping it's members get more enjoyment of suckass awards shows? No it is not...idiot.

Why then..did you feel your opinion was appropriate for this thread, or this board.,..you idiot?

Here's is what I want you to do idiot...this is how I want want you to get more enjoyment out of your life and your awards shows...I know you aren't asking.....but then neither was I. Still you felt qualified to give unsolicited advice on matters totally unrelated to the thread and board..

I want you to go eat shit...and I want you to enjoy it.

And then I want you to die...painfully. Will you do that? Thanks...

And try not to take me too seriously...you stupid fucking shitbag.,

Pathetic.
only the toughest of people talk shit on the internet. you probably need to get a life and learn to calm down a little bit in life. may god help your soul, and tonight i will be praying for your children, or the prevention of you having any.

great comeback by the way. those one liners, how can i even refute that? you win sir.

Kamnik
07-16-2007, 12:05 AM
How embarrassing and degrading:

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/users/0/88/28_2007/75366131_10.preview_0.jpg

HAHAHAAHHAHA

he earns millions and he lets himself being clowned up :lol

whottt
07-16-2007, 12:10 AM
only the toughest of people talk shit on the internet. you probably need to get a life and learn to calm down a little bit in life. may god help your soul, and tonight i will be praying for your children, or the prevention of you having any.

great comeback by the way. those one liners, how can i even refute that? you win sir.

Say what you want idiot...but my lack of social skills in your direction is entirely intentional, while you OTOH..are a social moron that goes around telling people they don't know how to enjoy life because they think the ESPYS suck.

Get the differnce? When I'm obnoxious...it's entirely intentional...you're just a prick that feels qualified to tell people to like shit they don't like...

Do you see why that makes you an asshole?

Do you honestly think this board needs you to police it and tell people how to enjoy awards shows? Do you see any outcry for your own stupid brand of leadership?

Did it ever occur to you that I was enjoying myself just fine trashing the ESPYS...that maybe I was enjoying that?

Go fuck yourself you fascist bitch.

And what happened to try not to life to seriously? I call you a couple of names and you break into salvation talk...

Sounds like someone is full of shit.

Anyway...so like I was saying...go eat shit..and like it...try to enjoy something for once in your life, you social fucking retard.

sabar
07-16-2007, 12:34 AM
whottt' sounds a tad butt-hurt.
I didn't even watch the espys, why would anyone expect anything serious from fan voting and espn's "experts"? Yeah, it's kinda funny since it's essentially a parody of itself, but they do that 24/7 on their site and 12 espn channels.

spurscenter
07-16-2007, 12:45 AM
Tell Me Pop Won!!!!
Please

whottt
07-16-2007, 12:46 AM
I didn't even watch the espys, why would anyone expect anything serious from fan voting and espn's "experts"? Yeah, it's kinda funny since it's essentially a parody of itself, but they do that 24/7 on their site and 12 espn channels.

Geez...I was funny...try not take life so seriously...try to enjoy something for once in your life.

Oh and I am funny...you should think so. Or else you have no life.

Laugh...you person with no life.

Beno Udrih
07-16-2007, 12:51 AM
Yeah whottt use to be a pretty good poster, he seems to be losing it.

*awaits some lame Beno Udrih reference by whottt*

Beno Udrih
07-16-2007, 12:52 AM
Anyways I thought the espys were pretty funny.

Fast Dunk
07-16-2007, 01:04 AM
Stop your whining already!!!!

LeBron was nominated for best championship performance because they won the Eastern Conference CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

You guys are so boring that is not even worth it to mention your team...

Beno Udrih
07-16-2007, 01:08 AM
Rockets suck.

Fast Dunk
07-16-2007, 01:08 AM
And??/

Do I supposed to get upset?

They are not my team, but they will kick your sorry asses next seaosn!

whottt
07-16-2007, 01:11 AM
Yeah whottt use to be a pretty good poster, he seems to be losing it.

*awaits some lame Beno Udrih reference by whottt*

Damn...another tight ass with no life because he doesn't think I am funny.

Learn to live a little...stop being such a miserabler fuck and think I am funny.

I am funny..laugh, you no life bitch.

How can you not think I am funny...you no life loser?

Fast Dunk
07-16-2007, 01:11 AM
BTW The league will not allow your team to go back to the Finals next season...

No after the ratings disaster!!

Beno Udrih
07-16-2007, 01:13 AM
:stirpot: Dance...

mystargtr34
07-16-2007, 01:22 AM
LeBron owns Espy's
LeBron owns the NBA
LeBron owns whooot'

mystargtr34
07-16-2007, 01:25 AM
:stirpot:

Josh810
07-16-2007, 01:45 AM

Why are you still here exactly??

greens
07-16-2007, 01:51 AM
All the ESPYs are determined by online voting and fans...So I don't see how it is ESPN's fault in this case...

After all, this is the time when everyone loves Kobe...his fanbase is huge even though the guy has the biggest ego of anyone...and even though he complains and demands trades every second.

So if anything, the voters/general watching public is what gives Lebron, etc ESPYs...

Now if the awards were determined by a panel of judges or by the media or other sources, then yes ESPN could be blamed...

But it's all about fan voting! It's basically a popularity contest. We all know Lebron has tons and tons of fans...Those fans are what got him the award. That's why anything to do with Spurs won't win...due to the label of "boring"...

But so what? I'm sure the Spurs don't care at all...they just won a championship...who cares if they win a popularity award...

OldDirtMcGirt
07-16-2007, 01:53 AM

You realize that the fact that the Cavs had absolutely no chance of winning a game might've contributed to the shitty ratings.

spurscenter
07-16-2007, 01:56 AM
NOTHING!!!

NO POP, NO TIM DUNCAN

BULLLLLLSHEEEEEEET

but Ill take the 2007 NBA Ring. Thank you.

DUNGY better coach than POP , please

LOVE YOU POp

YOu were robbed

but the best part is that I know Pop doesnt give a shit. LOL

* is the winner

Best Male Athlete
* LaDainian Tomlinson, San Diego Chargers
Roger Federer, Tennis Pro
LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers
Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts
Tiger Woods, Pro Golfer

Best Female Athlete
* Taryn Mowatt, University of Arizona Softball
Lisa Leslie, Los Angeles Sparks
Lorena Ochoa, Golf Pro
Candace Parker, Tennessee Lady Vols Basketball

Best Team
* Indianapolis Colts - Super Bowl Champs
Florida Gators Basketball - Final Four Champs
Florida Gators Football - BCS Champs
San Antonio Spurs - NBA Champs
St. Louis Cardinals - World Series Champs
Tennessee Lady Vols Basketball - Final Four Champs

Best Coach/Manager
* Tony Dungy, Indianapolis Colts
Billy Donovan, Florida Gators
Jim Leyland, Detroit Tigers
Gregg Popovich, San Antonio Spurs
Pat Summitt, Tennessee Lady Vols Basketball

Best Game
* Fiesta Bowl - Boise State over Oklahoma - David vs Traditional Goliath
Oklahoma State over Texas - College Hoops Triple Overtime
AFC Championship - Colts over Patriots - Remarkable Playoff Comeback

Best Championship Performance
* Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts
LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers
Jimmie Johnson, Nascar Driver
Serena Williams, Tennis Pro

Best Moment
* New Orleans, Monday Night Football - Saints Return, Beat the Falcons
Tiger Woods, British Open - Tears of Joy
Tony Dungy vs Lovie Smith - Super Bowl's First African American Coaches
Derek Fisher - Father First, Utah Jazz Second

Best Play
* Boise State 2 Pt Conversion vs. Oklahoma - The Statue of Liberty Play
Darrelle Revis' Return - One Thunderous Block
Dwyane Wade Shot - Crazy Shot off the Glass
Endy Chavez Catch - Home Run Thief
Travis Pastrana - X12 - Moto X Double Backflip

Best Finish
* Dodgers over Padres - Back to Back to Back to Back
Harwick's Daytona 500 - Nothing Closer, Ever
Division II Men's Basketball Championship - 57 Game Win Streak, Broken
Preakness - Triple Crown Spoiler

Best Upset
* Golden State Warriors vs Dallas Mavericks - NBA Playoffs
Detroit Tigers vs New York Yankees - AL Division Series
Florida Gators vs Ohio State Buckeyes - BCS National Championships
Rutgers Scarlet Knights vs Duke Blue Devils - NCAA Women's Sweet 16

Best Breakthrough Athlete
* Devin Hester, Chicago Bears
Kevin Durant, Texas Longhorns
Ryan Howard, Philadelphia Phillies
Morgan Pressel, Women's Golf Pro

Best Record-Breaking Performance
Bobby Knight, Coach, Texas Tech Red Raiders
Michael Phelps, U.S. Swimmer
Kelly Slater, Pro Surfer

Best Sports Movie
* Talledega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
Invincible
Pride
We Are Marshall

Baseball Player
* Derek Jeter, New York Yankees
Ryan Howard, Philadelphia Phillies
Justin Morneau, Minnesota Twins
Albert Pujols St. Louis Cardinals
Johan Santana, Minnesota Twins

Best NBA Player
* LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers
Carmelo Anthony, Denver Nuggets
Kobe Bryant, Los Angles Lakers
Tim Duncan, San Antonio Spurs
Steve Nash, Phoenix Suns
Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas Mavericks

Best NFL Player
Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
Larry Johnson, Kansas City Chiefs
Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts
Jason Taylor, Miami Dolphins
Brian Urlacher, Chicago Bears

Best WNBA Player
* Lisa Leslie, LA Sparks
Tamika Catchings, Indiana Fever
Lauren Jackson, Seattle Storm
Diana Taurasi, Phoenix Mercury

Best NHL Player
* Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh Penguins
Martin Brodeur, New Jersey Devils
Vincent LeCavalier, Tampa Bay Lightning

Best Fighter
* Floyd Mayweather, Super Light Champion
Miguel Cotto, WBA Welterweight Champion
Randy Couture, UFC Heavyweight Champion
Quinton Jackson, UFC Light Heavyweight Champion
Manny Pacquiao, WBC Super Featherweight

Best Golfer
* Tiger Woods
Jim Furyk
Phil Mickelson
Sorena Ochoa

Best Driver
* Jeff Gordon
Dario Franchitti
Jimmie Johnson
Kevin Harvick
Sam Hornish, Jr.

Best Male Tennis Player
* Roger Federer
James Blake
Rafael Nadal
Andy Roddick

Best Female Tennis Player
* Maria Sharapova
Justine Henin
Jelena Jankovic
Serena Williams

Best Male College Athlete
* Kevin Durant, Texas Basketball
Ben Askren, Wrestler
Greg Oden, Ohio State Basketball
Troy Smith, Ohio State Football

Best Female College Athlete
* Taryne Mowatt, University of Arizona Softball
Monica Abbott, Tennessee Lady Vols Softball
Kerri Hanks, Notre Dame Soccer
Kara Lynn Joyce, Georgia Swimming
Candace Parker, Tennessee Lady Vols Basketball

Best Major League Soccer Player
* Landon Donovan, Los Angeles Galaxy
Jeff Cunningham, Toronto FC
Christian Gomez, D.C. United
Matt Reis, New England Revolution

AnkleBreaker21
07-16-2007, 02:05 AM
the colts won best team over the spurs? what kinda bullshit is that.

spurscenter
07-16-2007, 02:08 AM
COLTS are BEST TEAM over the SPURS

hahahahahahaha

The Colts , Smaller market than S.A.

AnkleBreaker21
07-16-2007, 02:10 AM
they should have gave best player to dirk:lol he needs something else besides that mvp:lol

dg7md
07-16-2007, 02:11 AM
I expected the NFL to walk away with pretty much every reward in the category it was nominated in, not surprised.

whottt
07-16-2007, 02:27 AM
LeBron owns Espy's
LeBron owns the NBA
LeBron owns whooot'

Um....I like LeBron. If you are going to troll at least be good at it...it's not like it's hard to see in this thread how to irritate me, read it again...dumbass.

And laugh clown, laugh.

T Park
07-16-2007, 02:45 AM
How the fuck does Derek Jeter win best MLB baseball player over Albert Pujols!??!

Fucking shit...

Spider TX
07-16-2007, 11:03 AM
You people complaining about the Colts over the Spurs for best team? Now that's ridiculous! Indianapolis is a bigger market than San Antonio, even if not by actual numbers, but from what it provides, it pust San Antonio to shame. They actually have multiple professional sports teams, and one of the most known racetracks in all the land, so it sure provides more.

And of course the Colts were a better team, they were much more marketable and known to fans all over, they won the title in the much better league, and were the better team fom start to finish, even if the Spurs dominated the postseason, they were not even a 1 or 2 seed. Colts were that good from start to finish, and aside from trailing for a bit to New England, they dominated every game that counted.

And lastly, Lebron did deserve that award. It was a title performace, there was a banner awarded for the title he won for his team. Nobody else did something in a title game or series that was nearly as noteworthy as that.

Oh, Gee!!
07-16-2007, 11:10 AM
I only watch ESPN for scores, actual games, and post-game interviews during the NBA playoffs

JamStone
07-16-2007, 11:30 AM
HAHAHAAHHAHA

he earns millions and he lets himself being clowned up :lol

Yeah, LeBron's life really sucks :rolleyes

Dingle Barry
07-16-2007, 11:43 AM
Duncan and Pujols got robbed.

rob5
07-16-2007, 11:49 AM

so where's his Championship then???

Oh, Gee!!
07-16-2007, 11:58 AM
so where's his Championship then???

ecc. heard of it?

conversekid
07-16-2007, 12:01 PM
I thought the ESPY's were frickin hilarious. Kimmel ruled... "Shaq is a cop now, hope there are no bangels in the house" ... "Imagine how much they would have cheered if you'd actually won a game" ... LeBron's comments about how he hates brooms and can't stand sweeping since the finals... ya, the awards were going to the popular people... but kimmel was funny.

conversekid
07-16-2007, 12:04 PM
how about when kimmel told shaq that kobe agreed to be traded to the heat if shaq agreed to go back up the bean pole... shaq gave him and eat shit look... that was too funny... or when he was talking about how lebron how had a baby.. some other players had a baby... and the lakers still had kobe.. LOL!

word
07-16-2007, 12:13 PM
It's not ESPN's fault who the fans voted for. Like politics or any other endeaver involving voting what is continually made clear is that the masses are idiots. Is this some kind of surprise ?

florige
07-16-2007, 12:31 PM
You people complaining about the Colts over the Spurs for best team? Now that's ridiculous! Indianapolis is a bigger market than San Antonio, even if not by actual numbers, but from what it provides, it pust San Antonio to shame. They actually have multiple professional sports teams, and one of the most known racetracks in all the land, so it sure provides more.

And of course the Colts were a better team, they were much more marketable and known to fans all over, they won the title in the much better league, and were the better team fom start to finish, even if the Spurs dominated the postseason, they were not even a 1 or 2 seed. Colts were that good from start to finish, and aside from trailing for a bit to New England, they dominated every game that counted.

And lastly, Lebron did deserve that award. It was a title performace, there was a banner awarded for the title he won for his team. Nobody else did something in a title game or series that was nearly as noteworthy as that.

Obviously you didn't bother to watch the playoffs any. The Colts WERE NOT a 1 seed this season. Hell they played their last two games on the road not counting the SB. And if you call beating Baltimore by field goals dominating, then I guess me and you were watching two different games.

gaKNOW!blee
07-16-2007, 12:52 PM
Obviously you didn't bother to watch the playoffs any. The Colts WERE NOT a 1 seed this season. Hell they played their last two games on the road not counting the SB. And if you call beating Baltimore by field goals dominating, then I guess me and you were watching two different games.
they played the AFC championship game at home.

rob5
07-17-2007, 02:16 PM
ecc. heard of it?
oh that's right. thats the one we all strive for...

mikejones99
07-17-2007, 06:14 PM
Kimmel is one of the greats and at least he burned Lebroom for not winning a game in the finals. Good to see Bowen, Horry and Finley there for the greatest team ever. Real comedy is when Kimmel helped roast Shaq. That is a must see dvd because there is no censors and Jimmy makes the women squirm in there seats and takes many shots at all including Kobe. 5 minutes of great comedy

whottt
07-17-2007, 06:51 PM
It's not ESPN's fault who the fans voted for. Like politics or any other endeaver involving voting what is continually made clear is that the masses are idiots. Is this some kind of surprise ?

Who decides on the choices? Not who wins...but the nominations....the selctions for the nominations...

Who decides to include a conference championship as a championship performance?

CubanMustGo
07-17-2007, 09:21 PM
Who decides to include a conference championship as a championship performance?

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/v3/06-04-2006.n1a_04mavsCUBAN.GNA1TACNA.1.jpg

mystargtr34
07-17-2007, 09:28 PM
Um....I like LeBron. If you are going to troll at least be good at it...it's not like it's hard to see in this thread how to irritate me, read it again...dumbass.

And laugh clown, laugh.

I personally think he is over rated. Your probably more of a troll on here spilling your same shit over and over than i was in my one sarcastic post.

Get a grip

whottt
07-17-2007, 10:16 PM
I personally think he is over rated. Your probably more of a troll
Me? Never..

on here spilling your same shit over and over than i was in my one sarcastic post.

Get a grip

Hey...don't whine over spilt shit. Deall with it...and think it's funny.

Oh, Gee!!
07-17-2007, 10:44 PM
oh that's right. thats the one we all strive for...

technically, it is a championship.

naico
07-18-2007, 12:40 AM
biggest rip off: Sharapova????????????????????????

mffl89
07-18-2007, 05:40 AM
I bet David Beckham wins best soccer player for next year's ESPYs.

gaKNOW!blee
07-18-2007, 09:55 AM
Me? Never..

Hey...don't whine over spilt shit. Deall with it...and think it's funny.

see, thats the problem no one thinks your funny. Your like the fucking drunk guy at a party who thinks the louder he is the funnier he is, while everyone is standing around him feeling sorry for him. You just dont quit.