PDA

View Full Version : Any Chance for Pietrus?

Gino2882
07-15-2007, 09:58 PM
Has there been ANY mention of Mickael Pietrus coming to San Antonion? Isnt he really good friends with Parker? I know he wouldn't come cheap, but he could be the longterm answer at SF, and for this year play SG and SF.

Any Chance?

Big P
07-15-2007, 10:03 PM
I too hope that if we dont get Udoka, Pietrus will be a Spur next year. You can take this piece of info good & bad. James Posey talked with GS in Las Vegas the other day, supposedly the meeting went well. Its good in the sense that GS might add another SF in Posey, probably leaving Pietrus or Barnes out of GS plans. The bad thing is, Miami has been interested in Pietrus, & I could see them trying to so a S&T to get Pietrus to Miami, in which case SA is out of the running. Only time will tell.

xmas1997
07-15-2007, 10:08 PM
What about Outlaw?

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-15-2007, 10:10 PM
Most people here are not too fond with Pietrus.

Gros Membres!
07-15-2007, 10:20 PM
I don't mind Pietrus but my question about him - I guess for GS fans - is can this guy defend at all? I kept looking for it in the Dallas and Utah series during the playoffs but didn't see it due to the fact that the games were just one big fast break.

He seems like he could be a good Finley replacement in the short, mid-range game. Same body type, if nothing else.

coachmac87
07-15-2007, 11:15 PM
i remember when he got drafted the was called the jordan of france...ya i dont see it...but he cant shoot to save his life but he is very athletic i wouldnt mind seeing him in a spurs uni

Mr. Body
07-16-2007, 01:09 AM
Pietrus might get too much form Miami for SA to contend.

That said, he's not the brightest player basketball-wise. I'd probably take Udoka.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-16-2007, 03:13 AM
Pietrus might get too much form Miami for SA to contend.

That said, he's not the brightest player basketball-wise. I'd probably take Udoka.

Agreed. Pietrus makes very bad decisions. Pass.

Darkwaters
07-16-2007, 07:16 AM
Udoka > Pietrus in our system. We need smart basketball players.

thekingrobert
07-16-2007, 08:02 AM
i would rather barnes he actually handles the ball but his price range might be too high

lotr1trekkie
07-16-2007, 09:36 AM
We will take Udoka this year because he his strengths are like Bruce's. He comes at the right price this season. Unless something happens begofe , next year we will definitely lose Udrih, Barry, Finley and Horry---about 10-12 mill in cap space. Until then we will lowball it on FA. Most of the players everyone on the list desire want 5-6 mill over 4 years. We will sign 2or 3 lowcost rookies for the IR

thekingrobert
07-16-2007, 09:53 AM
i agree we will free up loads of money next year but will it be to reload and become a juggernaut