PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Biggest Fear Spurs Fans?

MrChug
07-16-2007, 09:17 AM
Besides major, long-term, debilitating injuries to any of our major core what's the worst thing that could happen to our franchise in the next few years? Tim wanting to leave? Tony to the Lakers? Pop retiring? RC taking a job elsewhere?

I know most of these are a long-shot, but it's the offseason.

I'll tell you what my biggest fear is...making the sacrifices we have so far (**cough**Scola**cough*cough**) to save a few bucks, it's no secret that we are going to persue some major free agent after this year...with that said: my biggest fear is following the trend of overpaying B- to C rated talent who demand multi-year contracts.

Oh, Gee!!
07-16-2007, 09:17 AM
Public Speaking

JustSpurs
07-16-2007, 09:36 AM
Walking around with my fly down.

peskypesky
07-16-2007, 10:45 AM
Getting made fun of on the Spurstalk message board.

FromWayDowntown
07-16-2007, 10:47 AM
Snakes. Definitely snakes.

florige
07-16-2007, 10:47 AM
Not repeating. Once we repeat I will be happy and won't complain about no moves we do. I'm really putting faith in the FO that they knew what they were doing with this Scola fiasco.

Darkwaters
07-16-2007, 10:48 AM
Snakes. Definitely snakes.

Snakes on a plane, personally.

tlongII
07-16-2007, 10:49 AM
The Portland Trail Blazers

Oh, Gee!!
07-16-2007, 10:50 AM
there's m0th3rfvcking snakes on the m0th3rfvcking plane!!

FromWayDowntown
07-16-2007, 10:51 AM
The Portland Trail Blazers

You're not a Spurs fan, tlong.

Darkwaters
07-16-2007, 10:53 AM
there's m0th3rfvcking snakes on the m0th3rfvcking plane!!

http://www.buildingbrands.com/blog/snakesonaplane.jpg

FromWayDowntown
07-16-2007, 10:56 AM
To answer the original question, I have no fears as a Spurs fan at this point. There will come an inevitable point when all of this prosperity will reach its end. When it does, we'll go back to living like the rest of the NBA for a while. The Spurs have been there before and going through those times makes the summers like this one so much more enjoyable.

If this group never won another title, I don't think I'd look back on this era and find myself disappointed. I've been able to watch my favorite team compete at the highest level of basketball for many, many years now. I've able to see plenty of great NBA moments because of that. Some of those moments have gone the Spurs' way; some haven't. That's just the way it is.

A few years ago, I only hoped that I would see the Spurs win 4 titles (or more). That hope has come true. There's really not much for me to complain about or worry about.

Spurminator
07-16-2007, 10:57 AM
A feeling worse than 0.4.

thekingrobert
07-16-2007, 10:58 AM
not improving their roster when everyone else is building a team to beat them

Oh, Gee!!
07-16-2007, 10:58 AM
not improving their roster when everyone else is building a team to beat them

you must live in constant fear in that case

Lonestar
07-16-2007, 10:59 AM
Mouse, not mice but Mouse.

Lonestar
07-16-2007, 11:01 AM
Oh yeah, and Oompa Loompa's. I'm definitely freaked out by Oompa Loompas. They're short and ugly and orange and well, I guess just kind of Mouse like.

Darkwaters
07-16-2007, 11:05 AM
Talent finding. Our staff has not been able to find much young talent since Manu and Tony. As we get older and older will we be able to find younger players to develop and grow in our system? Or will we just get older and older and older...

That and snakes in the locker room.

nkdlunch
07-16-2007, 11:07 AM
Luis Scola rookie of the year

leemajors
07-16-2007, 11:08 AM
wasps and yellow jackets.

ATRAIN
07-16-2007, 11:09 AM
getting owned by suns fans.........good thing that never happens :)

hater
07-16-2007, 11:14 AM
http://www.buildingbrands.com/blog/snakesonaplane.jpg

FBI agent Neville Flynn (Samuel L. Jackson) hates mothafucking snakes almost as much as he hates mothafucking planes. But what happens when mothafucking snakes are ON his mothafucking plane? You can be mothatfuckin certain that he's not going to mothafuckin stand for it. Snakes on a Plane takes the viewer on an mothafuckin incredible journey from the mothafuckin opening scene with a snake-less plane all the way to the thrilling mothafuckin climax where mothafuckin snakes are put on the mothafuckin plane! You'll never look at mothafuckin films the same way again once you find out just how many mothafuckin snakes are mothafuckin put on a mothafuckin plane in this mothafuckin gripping thriller mothafuckin Snakes on a mothafuckin Plane mothafucker!

duncan228
07-16-2007, 11:14 AM
Not too fond of spiders-too many legs for my liking.

As far as the Spurs go, my only fear is that after Duncan we will go through many years of re-building. Lightening won't strike this team 3 times (Robinson and Duncan being 2.) We are spoiled, this team has been a contender/winner for a long time. The patience to re-build will be hard to find.

Like FromWayDowntown, I also can't complain. This team has given me more joy than any sports team I ever cared about has.

spursreport
07-16-2007, 11:36 AM
cockroaches. Disgusting fucking insects gross me the fuck out. :madrun

As for the Spurs...dealing with November-Mid Febuary.

SenorSpur
07-16-2007, 11:39 AM
I agree wholeheartedly with FromWayDowntown. Long ago I'd hoped for simply one championship in my lifetime. They've given us 4. Never thought I'd see the day.

To answer your question, here are a few things that scare me:

- Another 7-game series with the Mavs
- Tim Duncan's retirement
- Periennial mediocrity - not bad enough to get into the lottery; not good enough to get past the 1st round of the playoffs. In other words, the L.A. Fakers.

Extra Stout
07-16-2007, 11:41 AM
My fear is more threads started by coachmac87 and Spurs Dynasty 21.

SAGambler
07-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Nothing to fear at all. The Spurs have given us many great moments and many great games over the past few years. More than most franchises in the history of sports.

We have all been very lucky to have been a part of this Spurs era.

And after all, it is just a game, not a life and death situation.

Fear is just another overused word in our culture these days.

Oh, Gee!!
07-16-2007, 12:10 PM
and starting at point guard..........................BENO UDRIH!!!!!!!

(crickets)

duncan228
07-16-2007, 12:15 PM
My fear is more threads started by coachmac87 and Spurs Dynasty 21.

:lmao

Mister Sinister
07-16-2007, 12:23 PM
Spiders. Definitely spiders. <Insert copious amounts of shuddering>

Spurs-related, though....seeing the Suns or the Mavs win a title.

CosmicCowboy
07-16-2007, 02:00 PM
Transvestites. I don't want to be THAT GUY that slides the panties down and finds a pecker instead.

hater
07-16-2007, 02:02 PM
the words "SERIOUS INJURY" and Tim, Tony, or Manu in the same sentence.

(knock on wood)

Supreme_Being
07-16-2007, 02:37 PM
Tony being traded to the Supersonics, Manu to the Grizzlies and Tim to the Bucks.

justanotherspursfan
07-16-2007, 02:38 PM
Winged monkeys. Those fuckers creep me out.

Other than that, having some Cuban-style, Jerry-Jones-wannabe fucktard buying out the Spurs and trying to make them flashier and more "media friendly."

Findog
07-16-2007, 02:40 PM
I'm surprised nobody has said anything about Scola in a Rocket uniform. That dude is going to be Rookie of the Year and MVP next year: I'm guessing he'll average about 46 points and 32 rebounds per game on 91% shooting.

justanotherspursfan
07-16-2007, 02:45 PM
I'm surprised nobody has said anything about Scola in a Rocket uniform. That dude is going to be Rookie of the Year and MVP next year: I'm guessing he'll average about 46 points and 32 rebounds per game on 91% shooting.
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Nice.

FromWayDowntown
07-16-2007, 03:08 PM

You're kidding yourself with 91% -- Scola's probably going to shoot about 107% in 2007-08.

Findog
07-16-2007, 03:15 PM
You're kidding yourself with 91% -- Scola's probably going to shoot about 107% in 2007-08.

It's going to go down as the worst trade of all-time: worse than Babe Ruth being sold to the Yankees, Harold Baines for Sammy Sosa, or some trinkets for Manhatten Island.

urunobili
07-16-2007, 03:34 PM
First round loss to the Rockets

Mister Sinister
07-16-2007, 03:35 PM
It's going to go down as the worst trade of all-time: worse than Babe Ruth being sold to the Yankees, Harold Baines for Sammy Sosa, or some trinkets for Manhatten Island.
We gonna start calling this trade "Buford's Folly?"

SenorSpur
07-16-2007, 04:30 PM
We gonna start calling this trade "Buford's Folly?"

This would be Buford's Folly 2 - the sequel.

Buford's Folly I - passing on Josh Howard

wildbill2u
07-16-2007, 06:56 PM
Luis Scola rookie of the year
Scola dominates TD on both the offensive and defensive ends of the court and becomes known as the best PF ever to play the game.

Jackie Butler emerges in 2008 as the best center in the NBA since Shaq and DRob, enabling Houston to trade Yao to LA for Kobe.

Veteran players such as Kevin Garnett and Steve Nash decides they can only win a championship in their careers by going to now dominant Houston which wins umteen titles in a row.

I can't wake up.:sleep

lefty
07-16-2007, 08:51 PM
My only fear ? Shaq's appetite gets so big that he eats Tony Parker

CubanMustGo
07-16-2007, 10:31 PM
Mouse streaking on national TV

sa_kid20
07-16-2007, 10:52 PM
A feeling worse than 0.4.

not possible my friend :cry

SequSpur
07-16-2007, 10:53 PM
My fear is Dallas winning a championship.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-16-2007, 11:23 PM
That Phoenix pulls its head out of its arse and realises that their window shuts with Nash, that Amare is never going to take them to a title, and that KG would be a perfect 2nd banana to Nash, with Marion, Thomas, Barbosa, Bell, Hill, etc. filling out a dangerous roster.

Nash+KG+Marion scares me. That would go 7 games and be up there with the greatest series of all time.

The Suns will hold on to Amare though, and lose their window methinks...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-16-2007, 11:27 PM
Nothing to fear at all. The Spurs have given us many great moments and many great games over the past few years. More than most franchises in the history of sports.

We have all been very lucky to have been a part of this Spurs era.

And after all, it is just a game, not a life and death situation.

Fear is just another overused word in our culture these days.

Fine words, my friend. We are priveliged to be Spurs fans and watch this truly amazing team do their thing.

And the emboldened bit is absolutely on the money. Media feeds everyone's lives with unjustified fears, and we are all the worse for it.

Roxsfan
07-17-2007, 12:25 AM
13 in 35

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/153/1005090~Tracy-McGrady-Houston-Rockets-Posters.jpg

just joshing,

If I were a spurs only fan, I would say Tim Duncan's production going down or feeling less motivated or getting seriously injured.

BIG z
07-17-2007, 12:33 AM
My fear is that it might not be Timmy's Team anymore, this is where he starts leaning towards the downside of his career.

jaespur21
07-17-2007, 12:35 AM
No Fears i look forward to every game even thru the bad times

O-Factor
07-17-2007, 12:38 AM
13 in 35

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/153/1005090~Tracy-McGrady-Houston-Rockets-Posters.jpg

just joshing,

If I were a spurs only fan, I would say Tim Duncan's production going down or feeling less motivated or getting seriously injured.

An army of Joey Crawford clones

http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/070417/070417_crawford_vmed_12p.widec.jpg

Motivation will never be Duncans problem. The reason Duncans production has dipped in recent years is due to the fact that Pop has been limiting his limits to save him for a long and strong post season.

BIG z
07-17-2007, 12:38 AM
I know but it would hurt to see such a Domiant player comming to the downside of his career, but i would loved it if he would have gotten that 4th Finals MVP...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-17-2007, 03:03 AM
To answer the original question, I have no fears as a Spurs fan at this point. There will come an inevitable point when all of this prosperity will reach its end. When it does, we'll go back to living like the rest of the NBA for a while. The Spurs have been there before and going through those times makes the summers like this one so much more enjoyable.

If this group never won another title, I don't think I'd look back on this era and find myself disappointed. I've been able to watch my favorite team compete at the highest level of basketball for many, many years now. I've able to see plenty of great NBA moments because of that. Some of those moments have gone the Spurs' way; some haven't. That's just the way it is.

A few years ago, I only hoped that I would see the Spurs win 4 titles (or more). That hope has come true. There's really not much for me to complain about or worry about.

Now that, my friends, is the Good Sauce. Kudos compadre, I feel the same. :toast

raspsa
07-17-2007, 03:58 AM
Crawford is reinstated as a NBA ref.

Capt Bringdown
07-17-2007, 06:22 AM
The enivitable slide into mediocrity and failure.

Shred
07-17-2007, 06:52 AM
What about the rest of the world realizing that no team stands a chance against the mighty Spurs, that the season is an exercise in futility because there is no competition, so they all quit watching it and the league has to fold?

SpurYank
07-17-2007, 11:41 AM
Going to this site and reading all these stupid posts from so-called Spurs fans who will bail out and bitch for most of the season and then run back when the Spurs hit their stride in March and April.

I see it every year.