PDA

View Full Version : what would rasho and barry get you

ducks
12-08-2004, 11:14 PM
boozer :spin

SequSpur
12-08-2004, 11:15 PM
You're high.

Rasho could bring me a drink, the next time I am at the game.

E20
12-08-2004, 11:30 PM
Rasho and Barry for Hedo.

E20
12-08-2004, 11:33 PM
Would a trade of Malik, Barry, and Rasho for Boozer be a sensible or sane deal?

Spurminator
12-09-2004, 12:05 AM
Has a 16-4 team ever seriously contemplated a trade?

I'd be surprised.

ducks
12-09-2004, 12:06 AM
has a 16-4 played signed a future hall of famer player?

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 12:07 AM
The Spurs don't need to be making trades but, again, if a healthy and determined Karl Malone, even in 2004, wants to play for you then it's hard to turn that down.

ducks
Would a trade of Malik, Barry, and Rasho for Boozer be a sensible or sane deal?

jazz would be NUTS to do it

2centsworth
Has a 16-4 team ever seriously contemplated a trade

Early season records are meaningless as evidence by our championships.

Spurminator
12-09-2004, 12:10 AM
Yes, but that doesn't mean you go and mix up the chemistry to try and improve a 16-4 team. Add a player? Sure... Trade a starter and a key player off the bench (knock on wood)? Doubtful.

2centsworth
12-09-2004, 12:12 AM
Trade a starter and a key player off the bench (knock on wood

that's where we disagree. Barry is not a key player and Rasho is barely a starter, who's the last starter to avg 5-6 mins a game

Spurminator
12-09-2004, 12:13 AM
Which starter is averaging 5-6 minutes a game?

I don't think you'll see Barry in the doghouse very long. And if he is, he'll probably be untradeable anyway.

2centsworth
12-09-2004, 12:17 AM
Which starter is averaging 5-6 minutes a game

joking about Rasho's minutes, but you get the point. A starter who gets bench player minutes.

Barry is absolutely not untradeable. He is very valuable for teams struggling on offense. There are a ton of teams who would bite on Barry.

T Park
12-09-2004, 12:38 AM
If other teams are struggling on offense, what are theyg onna give you that you dont already have.

Loose 1 game and people want trades. Unreal.

2centsworth
12-09-2004, 12:41 AM
Loose 1 game and people want trades. Unreal.

barry trade talk has been going on a lot longer than this one game. Unreal people jump to conclusions.lol

T Park
12-09-2004, 12:42 AM
it has???

BTW why would you trade a guy this early in the season??

Is there no such thing as a guy getting used to a system??

Holy crap people, pull a wheel of fortune and buy a clue.

IcemanCometh
12-09-2004, 12:53 AM
Tyson Chandler and Ben Gordon

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 12:54 AM
There are worse things.

ducks
12-09-2004, 09:10 AM
chandler is intersting

CosmicCowboy
12-09-2004, 09:33 AM
Trade Barry?

Are you guys friggin nuts?

#1)....give the guy a little time to figure out how he fits in here...Barry has a skill set that on paper is an absolute perfect fit for the Spurs...we are only 20 games into the season with an .800 win percentage...Barry (and the rest of the Spurs) WILL figure out how to get him into the flow before it really matters next Spring....

#2)...so you armchairGM's still want to trade him?...who are you gonna trade him for that is going to just walk in the door and fit right in?...any player you got would have the same set of basic problems Barry is having...learning to fit in seamlessly in the Spurs unique defene and finding their comfortable "space" on offense..this stuff takes time even for superstars...

#3)...Spurs have a hard enough time as it is getting free agents to come to small market San Antonio...Barry was a valuable commodity last summer and could have shopped his services to drive his price up but chose not to...Anyone paying attention last summer knows that Barry took less money than he could have arguably gotten elsewhere to come play for a solid respectable Spurs team...If the Spurs turned around and traded him to a loser for the armchairGM's fantasy player of the moment Spurs would be sending a clear signal to the rest of the players in the league that they can not be trusted...and would NEVER get another competent free agent to consider them again...

Please just STFU about trading Barry...

tlongII
12-09-2004, 09:43 AM
The Spurs are fine. Anybody in their right mind would still take San Antonio over Seattle or Phoenix in a 7 game series right now. The Sonics and Suns are very good, but it is a long season and they will endure some shooting slumps. As long as the Spurs have Tim Duncan setting up on the block they have a distinct advantage over the Sonics and Suns. When it gets to be playoff time this fact will be evident.

CosmicCowboy
12-09-2004, 10:07 AM
TLong, don't try to confuse these guys with a rational thought process.

Spurs lost a game. The sky is falling. We have to make trades!

BigVee
12-09-2004, 10:15 AM
TLong, don't try to confuse these guys with a rational thought process.

Spurs lost a game. The sky is falling. We have to make trades!

No kidding. I have read opinion after opinion about Karl Malone being a whiny bitch....man I have read more whining about a loss last night! Man, a hot team comes to town with 3 days rest and shoots very well from distance against a team that has been playing a killer schedule with a coach who is still protecting minutes from his star players and everyone wants to benchmark this game as a measurement of how the season will go. Calm down.

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 10:17 AM
The problem is that the game highlighted the two basic weaknesses of this team, namely the lack of physicality in the frontcourt and dare I say the lack of some friggin' aggressiveness.

If only the Spurs could transplant some of the heart that Malik and Manu display consistently into some of their teammates.

Some of us have pointed this out about this team prior to last night.

ducks
12-09-2004, 10:21 AM
barry 20 games
no sign of improvements
less time

chandler was on fire when spurs played him

also he is on the block

boozer is a dream not a reality

bigzak25
12-09-2004, 10:25 AM
dude, the D sucked in the 1st half. hole was too deep. missed layups and freethrows put the final nails in the coffin. Props to Seattle. Good game. See you on Jan 31st beeatches....

gotta defend that pic n roll better, and i hated seeing AD strut his stuff like he just got a new Jim's contract...I'm actually happy for nate mcmillan though to be doing good. That's a well coached team.

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 10:27 AM
AD came to play. Too bad Rasho and Shaggy came to watch.

BigVee
12-09-2004, 10:30 AM
The problem is that the game highlighted the two basic weaknesses of this team, namely the lack of physicality in the frontcourt and dare I say the lack of some friggin' aggressiveness.

If only the Spurs could transplant some of the heart that Malik and Manu display consistently into some of their teammates.

Some of us have pointed this out about this team prior to last night.

You are right. Needs to be addressed. Last night we played a crappy game against a fresher, hungrier team.

CosmicCowboy
12-09-2004, 10:37 AM
Marcus, I wasn't including you with the ignorant ones...

I too wish Rasho would play more agressively but accept that it may never happen. That being said he is totally adequate in 90% of the defensive situatuions the Spurs face...Sonics were a tough matchup for our normal lineup...they were sagging 4 guys on the outside and admittedly Rasho wasn't making the quick rotations...Malik was clearly a better choice in that situation...thats why we have a deep bench...pop can make adjustments and we can come back at teams in different ways with different weapons...

spurster
12-09-2004, 04:01 PM
Dare I say Rasho and Barry for HITA?

CosmicCowboy
12-09-2004, 04:07 PM
:lmao

2centsworth
12-09-2004, 04:50 PM
it has???

BTW why would you trade a guy this early in the season??

Is there no such thing as a guy getting used to a system??

For every spurs fan who has paid attention over the past 7 years. We are at our best when we have a clutch sharp shooter. For example, Mario ellie and Stephen Jackson.

Mario and Stephen never stuggled this early on on the contrary hit big shots early in the season.

Barry is reminiscant of guys like Steve Smith and Hedo. We can stick it out with Barry, but history is not on his side.

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 04:55 PM
The problem for Barry is the fact that Beno was ready to play. Barry's defensive deficiencies would have been better masked at point where he could have at least used his size to his advantage and also I would say that he would have been much more effective on the offensive end since he would more of a chance to put his playmaking abilities to good use.

I've enjoyed the great motion offense but I think at some point you have to get back to the basics and that is solid defense and deliberate, boring, and consistent offensive execution.