PDA

View Full Version : Thank God we lost

2centsworth
12-08-2004, 11:23 PM
all those cheap wins gave the players and fans a false sense of security. Reality is that this team is far from being championship material and needs work. Unfortunately we have beat a lot of teams that will not contend, except for Detroit and we showed a lot of vulnerabilty. We should still win it all but the following needs to be corrected:

1. Our superstars need to play better the last 5 minutes of tight 4th qtrs. Manu against Detroit played like crap and Tim, though he had a monster game, made crucial mistakes the last 5 minutes.(not stepping out on Allen's 3ptr, going to the bank when he obviously had no confidence the whole game shooting the bank, not passing it to open shooters. THIS IS EASILY FIXABLE BECAUSE THESE TWO GUYS ARE MONEY.

2. Beno and Devin have to learn how to do it when it counts and not only against the crappy teams. We shall see.

3. Tony has to get more confidence in his jump shooting. Flip a coin on this one.

4. Barry and Rasho need to go. They don't have the ability to hang with our Potential Championship Team. Barry's defense is not just bad, it's atrocious. At least Hedo was a monster on the defensive end. Rasho needs electric shock treatment or something.

5. THE BIGGEST BRIGHT SPOT SO FAR. The new guy name Malik Rose.

my 2cents, GO SPURS GO!

E20
12-08-2004, 11:25 PM
It's like I've been saying since the begining of the season. We're gonna go 78-4.

2centsworth
12-08-2004, 11:30 PM
Every Spurs team wins 60 or so games. They all don't win championships, and as fans we kinda know what has worked in the past.

E20
12-08-2004, 11:32 PM
Tim Duncan should have played the full 48 minutes. Still, he had a monster game 39 PTS and 10 REBS and we couldn't finish the Sonics.

CHAMPS AGAIN
12-08-2004, 11:33 PM
Pop Signed Malone Now

ducks
12-08-2004, 11:34 PM
why do spurs need mailman?

they need a center to show up in big games
mailman and rose are not centers

2centsworth
12-08-2004, 11:36 PM
Tim needs to execute a little better down the stretch, but it's kinda stupid for me to talk about because he always does when it counts (PLayoffs.)

IceColdBrewski
12-08-2004, 11:37 PM
Malone is talented and hungry and that's enough.

nzkickass
12-08-2004, 11:37 PM
they need marks in there

boutons
12-08-2004, 11:40 PM
Tim can play some really stupid basketball, which kinda hurts when we always go to static 4-down in the crunch and it doesn't fucking work, it doesn't fucking work, it doesn't fucking work, it doesn't fucking work.

2centsworth
12-08-2004, 11:51 PM
Tim can play some really stupid basketball, which kinda hurts when we always go to static 4-down in the crunch and it doesn't fucking work, it doesn't fucking work, it doesn't fucking work, it doesn't fucking work.

That's why I think this was a good loss. Early and correctable.

SequSpur
12-08-2004, 11:51 PM
16 and 4
2 Rings
2 MVPs.
It doesn't work.

boutons
12-08-2004, 11:59 PM
"Early and correctable."

hell no. Tim just plays that way, last year, this year, and it sucks, it hurts the team. Even a homer like Sean Elliott complains about Tim holding the ball too long.

2centsworth
12-09-2004, 12:04 AM
"Early and correctable."

hell no. Tim just plays that way, last year, this year, and it sucks, it hurts the team. Even a homer like Sean Elliott complains about Tim holding the ball too long.

No one is perfect except maybe Michael Jordan. All in all TIMVP carries us every year. 2 championships because he's on our team. Looking at it any other way is insane.

T Park
12-09-2004, 01:51 AM
Even a homer like Sean Elliott

best color announcer the Spurs have ever had.

Boutons, loosen the fuck up.

Tek_XX
12-09-2004, 03:20 AM
Oh i definitly agree that our bench needs to show up against good teams as well as crappy teams.

But yeah a loss like this brings everyone back down to earth, fans included, talking about championships before they happen(me included). But damn some of y'all are calling out Tim Duncan....ouch.

SLOVENIAN 8
12-09-2004, 03:28 AM
Pope is stupid! :pctoss Barry play only 6 minutes, Rasho 11. Bowen 37 - 4 points.
WTF! Pope is really stupid.

SuperManu!!!
12-09-2004, 03:39 AM
Thank god we loose!!! I had forgot about that feeling! Hmmm, it must be the feeling LAKERGOD always haves, now I understand why he always is so pissed off. :lol

Even so, I was missing him, so when the spurs lost i thought "Good, i'm going to see LAKERGOD again. It's been a loooooong time...."

Dalamar_the_Dark
12-09-2004, 04:41 AM
Pope is stupid! :pctoss Barry play only 6 minutes, Rasho 11. Bowen 37 - 4 points.
WTF! Pope is really stupid.

YOU ARE REALLY STUPID. As I mentioned in my other post, if you dont know how to coach STFU!!!!!

We couldnt use rasho cause we needed a quicker defender. freaking seattle have four players playing out on the 3 point line.why put timmy and rasho in there together? barry hasnt gelled with the perimeter defensive unit and is still coming to grasps with pops complicated scheme.

so if you are pop what do you do? of course stick with those who know the scheme best. manu bowen parker. problem is the defensive unit hasnt gelled as well as we would like. and we played like crap defense in the first half. we improved in the third and then couldnt execute in the fourth.

so if you think pop is stupid for leaving bowen in for 37 mins and only 4 points from him. go suck a lemon!

bowen is our best perimeter defender and we dont need him to score. parker didnt make his shots. neither did manu. so tell me why do you want to flame pop? besides timmy we just didnt execute. and talking about timmy, just because his mistakes came in the last quarter means that he sucks in crunch time? comeon we are looking at the mistakes like they cost the spurs the game cause they happened in the fourth quarter. but in my opinion, we lost the game in the 2nd quarter with our shitty defense. comeon 60 points given up in a half? we gotta be better than that.(given that sonics were shooting the lights out in the first half)

if you dont know nothing STFU not saying that I know everything but go use your brain when you analyze stuff.

boutons
12-09-2004, 08:07 AM
"Boutons, loosen the fuck up."

Sean''s colorless, asshole, in the very good way the Walton isn't. But he's a damn good analyst and huge Spurs fan. My point was that even a ex-Spur/fan like Elliott is complaining, repeatedly, every game, that Duncan holds the ball too damn long. Combine that with the huge favors that Duncan does the other teams when he puts the ball on he floor in traffic, then chases it around the floor and between his ankles like some grade-school kid after it gets stripped, and Duncan has a couple huge weaknesses in is game, that are exploited by every team.

ShoogarBear
12-09-2004, 09:09 AM
I've always claimed that when Tim's on the blocks and dribbls more than twice, 60% of the time ends up in a turnover and another 20% end up in a bad forced shot.

Wish somebody could/would actually track that.

violentkitten
12-09-2004, 09:18 AM
best color announcer the Spurs have ever had.

Boutons, loosen the fuck up.

what did you say TParkkk?

Solid D
12-09-2004, 09:23 AM
boutons, Tim did hold the ball too long on some of the possessions while he was trying to feel out what the defense was doing. It's not always easy. He's not holding it too long for selfish reasons. The Sonics collapsed or zoned frequently and the Sonics were pushing him out as much as possible.

You are a very critical fan. You are entitled to be but realize that Tim is one of the greatest players in the game (see Charlie Rosen's article posted in another forum topic and stopped to smell the roses, boutons). Tim was dominant.

I'd pin this loss more on poor execution and trust in team defense. With 3 players not getting it done defensively (Rasho, Barry, and Beno on Ridenour) the options were thinned out and the Spurs really expended a lot of energy just getting back in the game. This loss will make the Spurs a little tougher over the course of time.

Patience.

boutons
12-09-2004, 11:15 AM
"trying to feel out what the defense was doing"

There's only a few things a defense can do to Tim, Tim has had 9 years in the league to see all of them 100's of times in games, and 1000's times on tapes. His decision making is too slow, too often. Anybody can see it. When called for, he could play more of a "pivot", the passing big man who doesn't try to score, but hits the back-doors, enables slashers, kicks it out (quickly!) to the catch-and-shooters.

"You are a very critical fan."

Every player has to bring it every night, MVP/HoFer or not. Nobody's sacred. I only bitch about untouchable Tim because I love and respect him so much. Tim fails, Spurs fail. But the NBA teams with the players and coaching to implement it (not all can, Tim has an easy game, looks fantastic when the going is easy), and a lot of us, have figured out how to stop Tim, and stop the Spurs.

I never bitch about single mistakes, I bitch about the same fucking mistakes Tim/anybody makes over and over and over.

2centsworth
12-09-2004, 11:20 AM
I never bitch about single mistakes, I bitch about the same fucking mistakes Tim/anybody makes over and over and over.

That's fair.

Rick Von Braun
12-09-2004, 12:55 PM
Tim can play some really stupid basketball, which kinda hurts when we always go to static 4-down in the crunch and it doesn't fucking work, it doesn't fucking work, it doesn't fucking work, it doesn't fucking work.I don't know how many times I have said this, but I guess it is a lost cause. I get the feeling Pop will never change. My only hope is that PJ will inject some common sense into him regarding that aspect of the game when it is not effective.

Solid D
12-09-2004, 04:09 PM
When called for, he could play more of a "pivot", the passing big man who doesn't try to score, but hits the back-doors, enables slashers, kicks it out (quickly!) to the catch-and-shooters.

You've just told me all I need to know about your knowledge of the game of basketball.

NavaD
12-09-2004, 07:37 PM
"Boutons, loosen the fuck up."

Sean''s colorless, asshole, in the very good way the Walton isn't. But he's a damn good analyst and huge Spurs fan. My point was that even a ex-Spur/fan like Elliott is complaining, repeatedly, every game, that Duncan holds the ball too damn long. Combine that with the huge favors that Duncan does the other teams when he puts the ball on he floor in traffic, then chases it around the floor and between his ankles like some grade-school kid after it gets stripped, and Duncan has a couple huge weaknesses in is game, that are exploited by every team.

NavaD
12-09-2004, 07:47 PM
Hi! I'm NavaD I'm a new member in this forum, and I live in lakerland. I'm a huge fan of spurs, but I can't agree some of you guys going crazy about Duncan having a bad game. Guys don't forget this is december, and championships have won in june. This is why there's regular season to clean up the mess. I should correct my self, that Timmy had a good game,but didn't do enough. But in order to win, you gotta loose, to see where you at, what's need to be done. when you win all the time you don't see what you doing bad, I'm dissapointed with the loss, but i'll take this loss over the win we had against Detroit!

NavaD
12-09-2004, 07:47 PM
Hi! I'm NavaD I'm a new member in this forum, and I live in lakerland. I'm a huge fan of spurs, but I can't agree some of you guys going crazy about Duncan having a bad game. Guys don't forget this is december, and championships have won in june. This is why there's regular season to clean up the mess. I should correct my self, that Timmy had a good game,but didn't do enough. But in order to win, you gotta loose, to see where you at, what's need to be done. when you win all the time you don't see what you doing bad, I'm dissapointed with the loss, but i'll take this loss over the win we had against Detroit!

timvp
12-09-2004, 07:51 PM
Welcome to the forum, NavaD.

I see that you got the Ghost Writer posting technique down already.

Nice.

:smokin