PDA

View Full Version : French players and Spurs ......

colargol
07-17-2007, 03:40 AM
The Spurs were lucky with their french picks....I trust Mahimi could be a good pick....the next generation is even much better...don't forget the names of the under nineteen team playing actually their world champ....

Starters:Diot , M'Baye , Batum , Moerman , Ajinca
Bench: Jackson , Tillie , Vaty , Romain , Mangin , Etilopy , Begarin

Red= futur first round picks...... :spin

Bruno
07-17-2007, 03:49 AM
You are a little optimistic when you say that 7 players will be first round picks.

But I agree, the 88/89 generation looks very promising.
The last time France got that kind of generations was in 2000 with players born in 82/83. Five players who plays with the U18 french NT in 200 are now in nba : Ronny Turiaf, Mickael Pietrus, Tony Parker, Boris Diaw, Yakhouba Diawara

BeerIsGood!
07-17-2007, 03:53 AM
Quick question for the French nationals here... Is Parker becoming regarded as the best player in French history? I'm not very familiar with French basketball, but I can't think of anyone who has accomplished nearly as much - all by the age of 25.

stéphane
07-17-2007, 04:03 AM
Quick question for the French nationals here... Is Parker becoming regarded as the best player in French history? I'm not very familiar with French basketball, but I can't think of anyone who has accomplished nearly as much - all by the age of 25.
Richard Dacoury http://www.allbiographies.com/biography-RichardDacoury-44383.html
imo but i'm sure the youngest will not agree

TDMVPDPOY
07-17-2007, 04:04 AM
riding tim duncans left nutt, dont forget to put that on his CV :D

stéphane
07-17-2007, 04:13 AM
back on the subject...
Batum is a lock for the lottery... book it

Bruno
07-17-2007, 04:19 AM
Parker being the best french player depends on how you value the nba towards French NT, french teams or european teams.
Parker hasn't done a lot of things outisde the nba but given the level of the nba, he is to me the best french player of the history.
Richard Dacoury or Antoine Rigaudeau could too be seen as the best french player of the history if you value french NT and european BB more than me.

stéphane
07-17-2007, 04:21 AM
Parker being the best french player depends on how you value the nba towards French NT, french teams or european teams.
Parker hasn't done a lot of things outisde the nba but given the level of the nba, he is to me the best french player of the history.
Richard Dacoury or Antoine Rigaudeau could too be seen as the best french player of the history if you value french NT and european BB more than me.

:tu fair enough Bruno

BeerIsGood!
07-17-2007, 04:30 AM
Thanks for the info. I remember Rigaudeau but am not familiar with Dacoury.

One thing's for sure - they are really producing some good talent these days

Bruno
07-17-2007, 04:38 AM
About the french young player and their nba upside :

Diot : he isn't the typical nba PG but he is very talented with great passign skills. If he plays well in euroleague/french league, he will be a first round pick.

M'baye : undersized SG. playing in nba won't be easy for him if he doens't learn to play PG. If he can't make the transition, he will be a goood player in europe.

Batum : great talent and is made for th nba. He should be a lotery pick.

Moerman : not nba material but he can be a great player in europe.

Ajinca : huge upside but he needs a lot of work. He could become a lotery pick or an undrafted player.

Vaty : not very talented but he is strong and athletic.he could become a good role player in nba.

Jackson : see M'baye

mathbzh
07-17-2007, 08:17 AM
About the french young player and their nba upside :

Diot : he isn't the typical nba PG but he is very talented with great passign skills. If he plays well in euroleague/french league, he will be a first round pick.
Before he must prove he can play to the next level. Hopefully he will have some playing time with Le Mans.

M'baye : undersized SG. playing in nba won't be easy for him if he doens't learn to play PG. If he can't make the transition, he will be a goood player in europe.

Agree. Do you know if he wants to make the transition? He had a very promising season with Dijon.

Batum : great talent and is made for th nba. He should be a lotery pick.

+1 he just need to be more consistant (sometime he seems to chose his games)

Moerman : not nba material but he can be a great player in europe.

Could be a very good FIBA PF like F. Pietrus but is too undersized for the NBA.

Ajinca : huge upside but he needs a lot of work. He could become a lotery pick or an undrafted player.

He really need to get stronger and to work on his post moves and rebounds.
Right now he looks like a 7' SF. He is supposed to have 3pt range but his statistics in that area are terrible.

Vaty : not very talented but he is strong and athletic.he could become a good role player in nba.
He has already proved he can defend well on scola, he is a good rebounder and his fundamentals are better this years. He is still a bit raw but he could turn into a very good player.

Jackson : see M'baye
I disagree on this one:
1) Jackson his 6'3 (he may still grow up a little) and is very strong and athletic. I am sure he has the potential to defend on most NBA SG.
3) He is a great shooter. He should not have any problem to adapt to the NBA line ( >>> MBaye )
4) He is a pure scorer I don't think it would be a good idea to turn him into a PG (Pop once belived he could turn TP into Stockton before he realized he should just let him be himself).
He could become the perfect 6th man in a few years.
Of course he must still prove he can play at the ProA/Euroleague/NBA level.
MBaye is almost in the same situation but is not a great 3pt shooter (still a decent shooter though).

mathbzh
07-17-2007, 08:46 AM
Richard Dacoury http://www.allbiographies.com/biography-RichardDacoury-44383.html
imo but i'm sure the youngest will not agree
Nowdays he would probably play in the NBA he was a great defender.
There is also Hervé Dubuisson who was a great scorer (but a poor defender) or Rigaudeau.

Parker has already done more than any player in the French Basketball history.
He is the best player in French BB history.

ginobili fan
07-17-2007, 09:22 AM
Anyway who are the favorites of the world champ?
And is this competition considered seriously? Are the US team the best or Argentina or something? I don't know much about international bball

thousandth
07-17-2007, 09:36 AM
French, Argies, Brazilians, any martian? :lol from Mars :lol

mathbzh
07-17-2007, 09:40 AM
Anyway who are the favorites of the world champ?
And is this competition considered seriously? Are the US team the best or Argentina or something? I don't know much about international bball

The favorites are France - USA (including beasley) - Australia (with Andrew OGILVY) Serbia (with Macvan) and Spain (with Claver)... maybe Argentina but they are undersized. The qualification are a sort of joke. France 106-57 win over China or Australia 135-79 win over Korea were not even funny. But there are some good game coming.

Bruno
07-17-2007, 10:25 AM
I disagree on this one:
1) Jackson his 6'3 (he may still grow up a little) and is very strong and athletic. I am sure he has the potential to defend on most NBA SG.
3) He is a great shooter. He should not have any problem to adapt to the NBA line ( >>> MBaye )
4) He is a pure scorer I don't think it would be a good idea to turn him into a PG (Pop once belived he could turn TP into Stockton before he realized he should just let him be himself).
He could become the perfect 6th man in a few years.
Of course he must still prove he can play at the ProA/Euroleague/NBA level.
MBaye is almost in the same situation but is not a great 3pt shooter (still a decent shooter though).

Undersized SG have a lot of difficulties in nba, I'm not sure that Jackson could become a successfull nba SG. Saying that, I don't know him a lot and he is still very young, so I'm maybe wrong.

He will face an interesting choice : Staying at the SG spot (with one or two more inch and some weight he could be not that undersized for the SG spot) or making the transition to become a scoring PG in the TP mold.

mathbzh
07-17-2007, 10:30 AM
Undersized SG have a lot of difficulties in nba, I'm not sure that Jackson could become a successfull nba SG. Saying that, I don't know him a lot and he is still very young, so I'm maybe wrong.

He will face an interesting choice : Staying at the SG spot (with one or two more inch and some weight he could be not that undersized for the SG spot) or making the transition to become a scoring PG in the TP mold.

I think he could play like Barbosa.

Bruno
07-17-2007, 10:33 AM
And for french speaking people or people who want to see some good youth BB, you can watch the France vs Serbia game in streaming :
http://www.eurosport.fr/mclivevideo.shtml (it's legal)

Start at 6:00pm french time (11:00am SA time). It start in 30 minutes.

Admidave50
07-17-2007, 11:04 AM
Start at 6:00pm french time (11:00am SA time). It start in 30 minutes.

Ca passe sur le satellite en France? Je le vois pas sur Eurosport et Sport+...
:depressed

Bruno
07-17-2007, 11:12 AM
Ca passe sur le satellite en France? Je le vois pas sur Eurosport et Sport+...
:depressed

c'est en streaming sur internet :
http://www.eurosport.fr/basketball/under-19-world-champ/2007/mcplayervideo_vid45208.shtml

Admidave50
07-17-2007, 11:19 AM
c'est sur Eurosport 2 à la tv sinon, je vais essayer de trouver ça sur internet pour regarder en plein écran

JP le Requin
07-17-2007, 12:34 PM
j'ai rien vu sur le réseau national...le basket français n'est vu qu'a travers le mariage de TP....argggg