PDA

View Full Version : Pulp Fiction

Midgetonadonkey#2
07-17-2007, 11:52 AM
I Dont Know But Someone Needs To Tell Me About That Theory That The Suitcase That Sam Jackson And John Travolta Are Sent To Receive Is Really Carrying The Soul Of Ving Rhames....has Anyone Heard That Theory?

peewee's lovechild
07-17-2007, 11:55 AM
I Dont Know But Someone Needs To Tell Me About That Theory That The Suitcase That Sam Jackson And John Travolta Are Sent To Receive Is Really Carrying The Soul Of Ving Rhames....has Anyone Heard That Theory?

Yeah, it was on the net for a while . . . the rumor said that the bandaid on the back of Ving's neck was where his soul had escaped.

Quentin didn't confirm or deny the rumor.

Midgetonadonkey#2
07-17-2007, 11:57 AM
Yeah, it was on the net for a while . . . the rumor said that the bandaid on the back of Ving's neck was where his soul had escaped.

Quentin didn't confirm or deny the rumor.
that pisses me off cause i really wanna know....they said it was an old school technique of taking out your soul and that the suitcase was his soul but how did those guys wind up with it?

samikeyp
07-17-2007, 12:12 PM
that pisses me off cause i really wanna know....they said it was an old school technique of taking out your soul and that the suitcase was his soul but how did those guys wind up with it?

Those young guys (Brad, Marvin, etc.) that they visited stole it and Jules and Vincent got it back.

Allegedly. :)

BacktoBasics
07-17-2007, 12:13 PM
I don't buy any of it. The suitcase was simply to represent something everyone wanted I'm not so sure it actually had a real value or title attached to it. Its just a mysterious idea designed to allow the audience to assume anything they want.

Dr. Acula
07-17-2007, 12:15 PM
Those young guys (Brad, Marvin, etc.) that they visited stole it and Jules and Vincent got it back.

Allegedly. :)
why would they steal it though, think about it, they went to retrieve it they already knew who marvin was, and they even questioned that other dude about it and he was like sorry that business got messed up between us and marcelous.....

Avitus1
07-17-2007, 12:16 PM
I don't buy any of it. The suitcase was simply to represent something everyone wanted I'm not so sure it actually had a real value or title attached to it. Its just a mysterious idea designed to allow the audience to assume anything they want.

Thats what I think. The soul idea is kind of far fetched in a movie that seems to be grounded with realistic ideals.

samikeyp
07-17-2007, 12:24 PM
why would they steal it though, think about it, they went to retrieve it they already knew who marvin was, and they even questioned that other dude about it and he was like sorry that business got messed up between us and marcelous.....

"think about it"? Dude relax...I was making it up. :)

Taco
07-17-2007, 12:33 PM
http://www.snopes.com/movies/films/pulp.htm
Claim: The briefcase retrieved by Vincent Vega and Jules Winnfield in the film Pulp Fiction contained the soul of their boss, Marsellus Wallace.

Melmart1
07-17-2007, 12:42 PM
Well, he DID have a bandaid that was prominentely displayed on the back of his head in the movie, where the devil takes your soul if you sell it to him. At least, that's what I heard.

hater
07-17-2007, 12:45 PM
The bandaid was because Ving was trying to roll like Drew Gooden but his barber was drunk.

CuckingFunt
07-17-2007, 12:57 PM
I read an interview with Sam Jackson in which he very clearly revealed the contents of the briefcase. They are:

**SPOILER ALERT**

A light bulb, a battery and yellow cellophane.

peewee's lovechild
07-17-2007, 01:10 PM
Could it be that Ving had his soul placed in the suitcase and given to these guys as sage keeping so that the Devil couldn't take it?? And, the dudes were then trying to keep it from Ving to deal it away??

Remember the whole "Divine Intervention" dispute that Travolta and Jackson had?

batman2883
07-17-2007, 01:12 PM
Could it be that Ving had his soul placed in the suitcase and given to these guys as sage keeping so that the Devil couldn't take it?? And, the dudes were then trying to keep it from Ving to deal it away??

Remember the whole "Divine Intervention" dispute that Travolta and Jackson had?
roswell style