PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't Bruce going to team USA Camp?

ploto
07-17-2007, 01:13 PM
I thought that all those players made three year commitments to Team USA?

Members of the USA Basketball Men’s Senior National Team expected to participate in the July 20-22 training include: Carmelo Anthony (Denver Nuggets); Shane Battier (Houston Rockets); Chauncey Billups (Detroit Pistons); Chris Bosh (Toronto Raptors); Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers); Tyson Chandler (New Orleans Hornets); Kevin Durant (Seattle SuperSonics); Kirk Hinrich (Chicago Bulls); Dwight Howard (Orlando Magic); LeBron James (Cleveland Cavaliers); Jason Kidd (New Jersey Nets); Mike Miller (Memphis Grizzlies); Tayshaun Prince (Detroit Pistons); Michael Redd (Milwaukee Bucks); J.J. Redick (Orlando Magic); Amaré Stoudemire (Phoenix Suns); and Deron Williams (Utah Jazz).

USA Senior National Team members who will not be available this summer include Gilbert Arenas (Washington Wizards); Carlos Boozer (Utah Jazz); Bruce Bowen (San Antonio Spurs); Elton Brand (Los Angeles Clippers); Antawn Jamison (Washington Wizards); Joe Johnson (Atlanta Hawks); Shawn Marion (Phoenix Suns); Brad Miller (Sacramento Kings); Adam Morrison (Charlotte Bobcats); Greg Oden (Portland Trail Blazers); Lamar Odom (Los Angeles Lakers); Chris Paul (New Orleans Hornets); Paul Pierce (Boston Celtics); Luke Ridnour ( Seattle SuperSonics); and Dwyane Wade (Miami Heat).

http://www.nba.com/bucks/news/USABasketball_070717.html

FromWayDowntown
07-17-2007, 01:16 PM
It must be the new baby. Bruce said that he didn't go to France because of the baby. I would imagine that would get in teh way of a long commitment like Team USA camp, too.

SAGambler
07-17-2007, 01:32 PM
It's just a 3 day camp. Look at all the others that aren't attending either.

O-Factor
07-17-2007, 01:36 PM
They wouldn't pick Bruce to play anyhow like last year. They prefer the flashier kinds of players, not the ones that could actually help us win.

CubanMustGo
07-17-2007, 01:36 PM
Ploto quit trying to start shit over here. Go find a Craptors board already.

O-Factor
07-17-2007, 01:42 PM
My team USA starting Roster, from the above mentioned:

PG - Chauncy Billups
SG - Kobe Bean Bryant
SF - Bruce Bowen
PF - Carlos Boozer
C - Amare Stoudemire

Dave McNulla
07-17-2007, 01:52 PM
that thing about having a balanced team was b.s. they had one good point guard, one good defender, and the rest were scorers. they were beat by a balanced team. they pissed bowen off to boot.

urunobili
07-17-2007, 02:32 PM
can someone teach me how to inster a photo as a reply from here? i have a coach K and Battier hug pohto from Duke that explains everything why he didn;t make it to last world's...

Dave McNulla
07-17-2007, 04:25 PM
i think images is broken

ducks
07-17-2007, 04:26 PM
he is not going to make more babies

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-17-2007, 04:27 PM
Bruce Bowen hates America. It's what happens when he has to spend all his time around so many foreigners.

lotr1trekkie
07-17-2007, 04:41 PM
Who cares about this team? Regretably, most citizens don't care about the Olympic team. IMO we should send a team of players under 25/half from college. If they can't beat the rest of the world how then good are they?

T Park
07-17-2007, 05:03 PM
Eh, if Kobe and others are playing then he rally doesnt have any room.

The team will be pretty stacked going to Vegas in a few weeks.

The US should be ok.

ploto
07-17-2007, 05:06 PM
Ploto quit trying to start shit over here. Go find a Craptors board already.
You might want to educate yourself. Bosh could still pull out if there are any signs whatsoever of the PF he dealt with last season.

pad300
07-17-2007, 05:36 PM
I would start Kidd, Wade, Kobe, Brand, and Amare.

As an international team, that wouldn't work that well. You have only 1 shooter who can space the floor (Kobe). Everyone else needs to be inside. An opposing international team would just collapse a zone into the paint...

From the players actually participating
Carmelo Anthony (Denver Nuggets); Shane Battier (Houston Rockets); Chauncey Billups (Detroit Pistons); Chris Bosh (Toronto Raptors); Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers); Tyson Chandler (New Orleans Hornets); Kevin Durant (Seattle SuperSonics); Kirk Hinrich (Chicago Bulls); Dwight Howard (Orlando Magic); LeBron James (Cleveland Cavaliers); Jason Kidd (New Jersey Nets); Mike Miller (Memphis Grizzlies); Tayshaun Prince (Detroit Pistons); Michael Redd (Milwaukee Bucks); J.J. Redick (Orlando Magic); Amaré Stoudemire (Phoenix Suns); and Deron Williams (Utah Jazz).

Starters in Bold

PG's: Billups, Deron Willams, Kidd
Wings: Bryant, Mike Miller, Battier, Redd, Prince, Anthony
Bigs: Lebron, Howard, Amare, Bosh, Chandler, Durant

Small ball with lebron as PF. Miller in as a general purpose guy who can also bust a zone with shooting. Kobe alone isn't enough shooting. Deron Williams might take the starting point slot after a couple of practices...

bigfundamental21
07-17-2007, 08:46 PM
Actually, Bowen tried out for the team last summer and was cut from the roster when they made final cuts. I'm not sure if he will be called up again for injury replacements, but they wanted to go young and Bruce was not young enough.

bigfundamental21
07-17-2007, 09:07 PM
Actually, just found this link stating that Bowen is on the roster.

http://www.nba.com/news/usa_basketball_mens_team_adds_eight_players.html

Brutalis
07-17-2007, 11:29 PM
Who really cares? When America gets the ass beat again we'll all be bitching. Uhgain.

TheZackAttack!
07-18-2007, 12:07 AM
They wouldn't pick Bruce to play anyhow like last year. They prefer the flashier kinds of players, not the ones that could actually help us win.

Team USA doesn't want to play defense or team ball. :bang :bang :bang

MannyIsGod
07-18-2007, 12:20 AM
Anyone who doesn't start Carmelo Anthony is out of their minds. Did you all miss the last time this team competed?

Spurs rock
07-18-2007, 02:13 AM
Because he's boring.

MannyIsGod
07-18-2007, 02:16 AM
Yeah, watched every game and they lost.Sure as hell wasn't on Anthony. He's one of the few that showed up.

J.T.
07-18-2007, 03:49 AM
It would be great for Bruce to play on team USA but I'd rather he focus on staying healthy in the summer and getting ready to defend the title. Manu isn't playing summer ball either if I recall. I think the Spurs guys are really committed to defending a title for once and for me that's better than having representation on team USA. There are many younger players in the NBA that can benefit from playing for the country and in the Olympics.

Looks like Bruce's priorities are with his family right now and that's the most important thing in the long run.

ArgSpursFan
07-18-2007, 08:08 AM
BTW,Nocioni will be playing for Arg.National team in Vegas along with Scola.it wont be enough to beat USA and Brazil but still fun to watch.

urunobili
07-18-2007, 09:32 AM
BTW,Nocioni will be playing for Arg.National team in Vegas along with Scola.it wont be enough to beat USA and Brazil but still fun to watch.

i think they can beat Brazil with that... Delfino will be there so Prigioni... and don;t forget "polo" quinteros as a dead eye shooter...