PDA

View Full Version : Dallas

AOMrep
07-18-2007, 12:43 AM
WTF? Why are they shooting photos like this. Losers. Check out number 15 to 31. Under 'NBA Philippines madness'

http://www.nba.com/mavericks/dance/Philipines_Madness.html

THE SIXTH MAN
07-18-2007, 12:50 AM
:lol WTF? That honestly doesn't make sense. I mean I've seen when players from other teams do that when doing commercials for the finals and stuff, but I've never seen that.

GSH
07-18-2007, 01:27 AM
Mark Cuban purchased the remains of Larry O'brien, along with all rights to his name, from the family. He threatened the league with copyright infringement if he and his team didn't at least get to hold the trophy. It seemed harmless enough, and in order to avoid a legal confrontation, the league agreed.

Unfortunately, Cuban kept the trophy overnight and returned it with a rather suspicious-looking stain. (Note that Jerry Stackhouse is clearly disturbed by it in Picture 15, but the Mavs dancers don't seem bothered by it at all.) According to league sources, there will be a vote this week "to allow Cuban to keep the damned thing", and have something new made for next season. Those same sources confirm that the new trophy will still be as much of a phallic symbol as the O'brien trophy, but it will definitely not be named after Wilt Chamberlain, as it would simply be too large.

Budkin
07-18-2007, 02:37 AM
Pathetic.

Sense
07-18-2007, 03:26 AM
Mark Cuban purchased the remains of Larry O'brien, along with all rights to his name, from the family. He threatened the league with copyright infringement if he and his team didn't at least get to hold the trophy. It seemed harmless enough, and in order to avoid a legal confrontation, the league agreed.

Unfortunately, Cuban kept the trophy overnight and returned it with a rather suspicious-looking stain. (Note that Jerry Stackhouse is clearly disturbed by it in Picture 15, but the Mavs dancers don't seem bothered by it at all.) According to league sources, there will be a vote this week "to allow Cuban to keep the damned thing", and have something new made for next season. Those same sources confirm that the new trophy will still be as much of a phallic symbol as the O'brien trophy, but it will definitely not be named after Wilt Chamberlain, as it would simply be too large.
:lol :toast

mavs>spurs2
07-18-2007, 03:32 AM
I've seen the Mavs hated on for just about every reason under the sun except for photoshoots, at least untill now.

hsxvvd
07-18-2007, 03:39 AM
Pathetic. I'm sure even the Mav's players didn't want to do that photo shoot.

But hey, it'll probably be the only opportunity they'll ever have to get that close to it!

Bruno
07-18-2007, 04:03 AM
I don't see where the problem is.
The purpose of that trip is to promote the nba in asia. I see nothing wrong with the nba using a nba player, nba dancers, a nba mascot and the nba trophy to do that.

td4mvp21
07-18-2007, 05:10 AM
IDK, it makes them look pathetic, but really, they are just promoting the NBA. I don't think they did that because they are "desperate" or "have no rings".

milkyway21
07-18-2007, 07:16 AM
the ONLY pictures RELATED to their Philippine NBA Madness trip there were all included that NBA first one-NBA Philippines Madness Dallas Invasion.

The rest happened outside of the trip to the Phils. to promote the NBA or showing around the trophy(they borrowed from somewhere else:D).

In fairness to Dallas player Stackhouse, the Dallas dancers..& the mascot(who doesn't look like a mascot to me), I saw smiling faces out there and I hope they enjoyed their trip to our country. We always welcome anybody from the NBA to come and see our land and host another NBA Madness in the future.

smrattler
07-18-2007, 07:23 AM
Outside of that trophyshot with what looks to be Stack...

I have no complaints about a Mavs dancers photoshoot. No sir. The absolute only thing worth supporting in the AAC is that set of ladies. Oh yeah...

Viva Las Espuelas
07-18-2007, 07:26 AM
wishful thinking.

mikeanthony21
07-18-2007, 07:56 AM
the ONLY pictures RELATED to their Philippine NBA Madness trip there were all included that NBA first one-NBA Philippines Madness Dallas Invasion.

The rest happened outside of the trip to the Phils. to promote the NBA or showing around the trophy(they borrowed from somewhere else:D).

In fairness to Dallas player Stackhouse, the Dallas dancers..& the mascot(who doesn't look like a mascot to me), I saw smiling faces out there and I hope they enjoyed their trip to our country. We always welcome anybody from the NBA to come and see our land and host another NBA Madness in the future.

That "mascot" looks like a tanned version of the Silver Surfer.

Obstructed_View
07-18-2007, 08:05 AM
That trip was probably planned well before the season ended in order to get commitments, and the Mavericks were the team considered most likely to win the title. The NBA's had the trophy as part of its advertising campaigns for years.

Duncanoypi
07-18-2007, 08:11 AM
I miss my country...

wow that the Philippines version of a "jeep"...lol

ancestron
07-18-2007, 08:22 AM
WTF! Well an NBA photoshoot in the Phillipines will be the only time they ever get to hold that trophy. i guess let them have their fun. We know where the real one is.

ALVAREZ6
07-18-2007, 09:31 AM
hahaha what douche bags

50 cent
07-18-2007, 09:59 AM
Pathetic.

CubanMustGo
07-18-2007, 10:13 AM
Mavs had to go to the Phillippines because anywhere else in the world the crowds would have been too busy laughing at them to take those pics.

BTW, Cuban sent someone to pick up the award the Mavs DID win during this season's playoffs:

http://sports.sdpb.org/archive/0102/boys/basketball/b/images/award8th.jpg

Duncanoypi
07-18-2007, 10:14 AM
not in our house pathetic Mavs...lol!

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-18-2007, 11:36 AM
Mavs had to go to the Phillippines because anywhere else in the world the crowds would have been too busy laughing at them to take those pics.

BTW, Cuban sent someone to pick up the award the Mavs DID win during this season's playoffs:

http://sports.sdpb.org/archive/0102/boys/basketball/b/images/award8th.jpg

:lol

Phil Hellmuth
07-18-2007, 11:45 AM
blasephmy

WalterBenitez
07-18-2007, 03:37 PM
sad, very sad

Avitus1
07-18-2007, 03:45 PM
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h147/jbodin2/87665Dude-Wtf-Posters.jpg

ashbeeigh
07-18-2007, 04:48 PM
Heck yes. That's my city of choice for the summer of 2007.

milkyway21
07-18-2007, 08:07 PM

we take pride in welcoming anybody winners or even losers:cry who would like to visit us. Hospitality. Basketball is one, if not one of our favorite sports. And NBA players famous or not are admired and being looked up to. But it doesn't really mean we go out and check all of them. And we don't run like crazy and ask their autograph if we see one :p:
Of course if Duncan or Manu comes here it will be another story:lol I cannot guaranty there won't be any commotions.

In Stackhouse & Company's case they collided with Christina Aguilera's concert and most of us chose Christina :p:

spurscenter
07-18-2007, 08:20 PM
PUT MORE on the TITLE of this post

i hate post that say

DALLAS

or

SCOLA

put whats its about.