PDA

View Full Version : would you trade barry for jack right now?

ducks
12-09-2004, 12:19 AM
pacers need players and scoring
would you trade barry for him right now

tinsley is also hurt he couldl run backup point for them

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 12:20 AM
Yes I would of course the Northside Spurs wouldn't do it.

Manu20
12-09-2004, 12:21 AM
Yes, only because jack is younger.

KEDA
12-09-2004, 12:22 AM
FUCKIN NORTHSIDE RIGHT HERE!!!

(btw, no I wouldnt, we saw what Jack is capabale of doing to himself/team in Detroit)

2centsworth
12-09-2004, 12:22 AM
Hell yes from the NORTHSIDE!

ducks
12-09-2004, 12:23 AM
rember he would be of no use for 20 more games or so
and he might have to serve 90 days in jail which I doubt he will have to

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 12:24 AM
Jack didn't do that in SA. Yes, he's easily influenced but we saw that he could flourish in SA.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
12-09-2004, 12:25 AM
hahah, i dont know, but i'd give my left arm for steve kerr

tsb2000
12-09-2004, 12:26 AM
I'd do that deal. Pop would kick Jack's ass himself if he tried to pull that in SA! :)

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 12:30 AM
Jack's stock is about as low as it could be right now. Indiana could rid itself of a troublemaker like Jack and add a fine upstanding pale solid citizen like Brent Barry in his place. The Spurs would be bringing Jack back home and of course it would be a nice story about how the Spurs were helping to get Jack's career back on track.

Never happen, but I wish it would.

:/

T Park
12-09-2004, 12:37 AM
Wont happen because maybe Jack makes more money than BRent Barry and the salaries dont match??

KEDA
12-09-2004, 12:37 AM
you guys are really serious

Barry is in a slump, with a new team, and the team is still doing pretty well (especially compared to years past) and you really want to throw him to the curb?

when he comes around, and hits a few key shots in the playoffs, or later in the season, you guys are going to be on his jock once again.

I for one say keep him, let him come around, and Ill see you all on the Riverwalk at the celebration party :smokin

2centsworth
12-09-2004, 12:45 AM
when he comes around, and hits a few key shots in the playoffs, or later in the season, you guys are going to be on his jock once again.

If he turns it around and goes crazy consistently from the perimeter, hell yeah we'll be on his jock. If anyone goes ballz out from the outside we'll jock them too. what's the point?

KEDA
12-09-2004, 10:38 AM
If he turns it around and goes crazy consistently from the perimeter, hell yeah we'll be on his jock. If anyone goes ballz out from the outside we'll jock them too. what's the point?

everyone on the board wants to get rid of him for 2 hotdog vendors and a cheerleader to be named later.

Look at the future, if I remember correctly it IS and 82 game season, correct?

boutons
12-09-2004, 10:42 AM
Spurs lose a game, chicken-little assholes virtual GMs wanna fire Pop and trade everybody on what was "special" team 24 hours ago. GMAFB

Spurs are gonna lose 18 more games, and have a great season.

myhc
12-09-2004, 11:01 AM
This is absolutely unreal. We're 16-4 and people want to throw Barry off the ship because he's in a little slump. Spurs fans are some of the most whining crybaby sore losers I've ever seen.

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 11:08 AM
Some of us didn't prefer adding Barry to this team to begin with.

BigVee
12-09-2004, 11:25 AM
But nonetheless he IS here. So what to do? Use him as best you can to strengthen the team. One of the gripes I have with Popovich is that he brings in players he has seen for years for their particular strengths that match a team need. Then when they play just as they always have.....he gets pissed and benches them. Barry is a shooter. If you look at his first ten games when he was playing 25-30 minutes the numbers are a little lower than his career, but still good, and the team was winning. If Pop's intention was to turn him into Bruce Bowen on defense...he should have never brought him here in the first place. Brent needs the ball. He should be getting time at the point. I still say Beno is not ready for the tougher teams. Let's try Barry handling the ball. I doubt he will pass it to the other team very often.

conversekid
12-09-2004, 11:32 AM
Jack's stock is about as low as it could be right now. Indiana could rid itself of a troublemaker like Jack and add a fine upstanding pale solid citizen like Brent Barry in his place. The Spurs would be bringing Jack back home and of course it would be a nice story about how the Spurs were helping to get Jack's career back on track.

Never happen, but I wish it would.

:/

Can we please drop all the racism? "Northside" "Pale"... it's old

tekdragon
12-09-2004, 11:35 AM
NO, HELL NO, UH-UH, NO WAY, YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING, and WHAT A FUCKING JOKE.

Step away from the ledge. We ran into the hottest team in the league. The Spurs are 16-4, and they haven't been hot at all. Playing badly, they played their way to the best record in the league. Seattle has to hope they keep shooting so well. The Spurs are just this good. It's not time to start rebuilding just yet, people. Get a grip.

dcole50
12-09-2004, 12:25 PM
NO, HELL NO, UH-UH, NO WAY, YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING, and WHAT A FUCKING JOKE.
agreed. let him stay in indy on suspension sitting on the bench or doing his community service.

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 12:25 PM
Can we please drop all the racism? "Northside" "Pale"... it's old

If there wasn't some truth to it I wouldn't post it.

ggoose25
12-09-2004, 01:12 PM
I am also getting tired of Brick Barry, but I dont think Jack is the answer, or anyone else for that matter. I think what he needs more than anything right now is consistent minutes with a consistent group of players. maybe if Pop would get a freaking guard rotation down, then Barry could become more comfortable with the same group of guys night in and night out.

Its just a suggestion, because when it all boils down to it, Barry is a professional basketball player. Shooting slumps are understandable, but his streak of "no-show, no-go's" are unacceptable.

2centsworth
12-09-2004, 01:42 PM
Step away from the ledge. We ran into the hottest team in the league. The Spurs are 16-4, and they haven't been hot at all. Playing badly, they played their way to the best record in the league. Seattle has to hope they keep shooting so well. The Spurs are just this good. It's not time to start rebuilding just yet, people. Get a grip.

Trading Barry for Jackson who helped us win a title is rebuilding?

16-4 is great, but it's meaningless. Focus on championship basketball, we still need a clutch sharp shooter like Jack and Mario.

GrandeDavid
12-09-2004, 01:47 PM
Hell no from the South American side (and Manu/Pop/Horry/Admiral/Willis side, i.e. Dominion, when I'm home in Phat Antonio). So I guess that would be northwest side.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-09-2004, 05:54 PM
Yes I would of course the Northside Spurs wouldn't do it.

I always enjoy it when young, educated white boys start spouting their theories on racism.

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 06:03 PM
Who better to address the Northside mentality, eh?

Thanks for the personal comments, I've always enjoyed it when you've done that.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-09-2004, 06:25 PM
Who better to address the Northside mentality, eh?

Thanks for the personal comments, I've always enjoyed it when you've done that.

You're welcome.

I don't buy into the whole theory that affluent white people only like watching white people play basketball. You could be right, but I'd guess that isn't why the Spurs signed Barry and Rasho.

conversekid
12-10-2004, 01:43 PM
I always enjoy it when young, educated white boys start spouting their theories on racism
Regurgitation of what their college professors told them to think.

conversekid
12-10-2004, 01:49 PM
No, I would continue to play barry and let him get comfortable with the team and work out of his funk. barry is to awesome of a 3pt shooter to lose his touch for an entire season - unless pop lets him rot at the end of the bench.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-10-2004, 01:51 PM
No but I'd start giving Barry the kinda minutes Jack got.

Marcus Bryant
12-10-2004, 01:52 PM
Regurgitation of what their college professors told them to think.

Yeah, you know me, the liberal Democrat.

ducks
12-10-2004, 01:54 PM
with brown's play
I do not know if I would either
barry for a big I would
chandler!

Gummi
12-10-2004, 02:27 PM
For SJax, NO. There are many reasons for that, first of all he's suspended for another 20 games or so. Other reasons include, taking minutes from Manu and Bowen and definatly eliminating Devin's minutes. And also his head isn't OK these days, we all knew that he was street, but I never knew he would do anything like that.

I'm not quiting on Barry, but if he's not going to get his stroke back his playing time will be 5-10 minutes a night. Also his defense hasn't impressed me.

But, I would however try to get a player named James Posey. Their salaries don't match 100% (off by a mill or so) but I'm pretty sure that Memphis and Fratello would listen to a trade offer for him. He started the season injured but he's getting into things now. With Miller, Wells, and Battier, there wing positions are seem pretty crowded. I'm sure Pop would love Posey's defensive mind and athleticism. And as we saw against Seattle, we definatly need a tall athletic wing player that can defend a big three (Lewis and others). Also Posey could take over Bowen's job after a couple of seasons when Bowen starts to loose his quickness.

wildbill2u
12-10-2004, 02:53 PM
Wont happen because maybe Jack makes more money than BRent Barry and the salaries dont match??

It also won't happen because Barry is willing to play off the bench and Jax has eyes on being a starter. He may have a shot in Indiana since Miller is getting old--but he's definitely not moving Manu or Tony out at guard.

Jax is gone for two years now. It's not like when we traded Gervin or Silas--two guys whose jerseys hang in the Arena rafters.

He aint worth the anguish. Get over it.

ChumpDumper
12-10-2004, 07:28 PM
No but I'd start giving Barry the kinda minutes Jack got.You mean the kinda minutes Hedo got.

ShoogarBear
12-10-2004, 09:12 PM
Wow, great question, ducks.

Certainly before the suspension, Jax was contributing a whole lot more than Barry.

Ask again in about another 30 games.

ducks
12-10-2004, 09:35 PM
thanks shoogarbear

with this forum software we can "bumb" this thread back later

ShoogarBear
12-10-2004, 10:29 PM
Would that be as in baseline bumb?

:lol