PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan was great tonight...BUT

MannyIsGod
12-09-2004, 12:49 AM

And I hope Pop addresses him on this...

But fucker needs to step up on those screens when 3 point shooters are coming over the top. I counted several times in the 4th quater alone where his unwillingness to step up left a wide open 3 for Seattle. They didn't always go in, but it's a shitty way to play D.

The rotation tonight was all around subpar. I don't know if it was an energy issue or what, but overall I was rather disapointed with that aspect of defense.

boutons
12-09-2004, 12:52 AM
"it's a shitty way to play D."

Tim flapped his hand at Ray as Ray sunk the dagger 3. game over. shitty is not the word.

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 12:53 AM
Reason for that is if he does then the Spurs are basically exposed in the paint. Duncan jumps out, shooter swings the rock inside and someone's dunking on Radosoft.

Manu20
12-09-2004, 12:55 AM
Was it me or did Tim looked really focused and emotional in the 2nd half. Now if someone other than Tim and Malik shown up to play the spurs would have won.

Is only one loss people don't over react. Stil 16 and 4 that aint bad.

T Park
12-09-2004, 12:55 AM
someone's dunking on Radosoft.

except for he didnt play in the game tonight, try again.

I agree, but the problem is, his rotation D has ALWAYS been bad.

DOnt know why, must be concerned about rebounding more than maing the player miss I suppose.

MannyIsGod
12-09-2004, 12:56 AM
Plenty of people showed up in the 2nd half. However, it woudl have been nice for some of that fire to come prior to allowing the Sonics a 19 point headstart.

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 12:56 AM
This whitey will agree with you on that.

MannyIsGod
12-09-2004, 12:57 AM
Reason for that is if he does then the Spurs are basically exposed in the paint. Duncan jumps out, shooter swings the rock inside and someone's dunking on Radosoft.

Fair enough, but if he steps out and bumps the guy with the rock it buys him time to get back into position and prevents the 3.

Either way he has to trust the people behind him on defense just like in years past.

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 12:58 AM
Unfortunately, in the year present the man behind him is Radoslav Nesterovic.

T Park
12-09-2004, 12:59 AM
Of course if Rose or Malone were int here,

Duncan could go out and guard and not worry about the paint cause Malone and Rose are such superior shot blockers.

MannyIsGod
12-09-2004, 01:01 AM
Of course if Rose or Malone were int here,

Duncan could go out and guard and not worry about the paint cause Malone and Rose are such superior shot blockers.

Rose > Rasho.

See Also : Second Half of tonight's game.

T Park
12-09-2004, 01:04 AM
Ok lets start Rose and trade Rasho for Olowakandi so Marcus can be happy.

Also Manny, Rose WAS in there, but Duncan still did the wave the hand at the shooter and run down.

Whats the excuse there Marcus.

Tek_XX
12-09-2004, 01:05 AM
I don't know about y'all but Horry's play tonight seemed a little sloppy, it's pretty clear that this guy has trouble dunking the ball.

Overall i think it's good that the Spurs weak points get exposed now rather than playoff time.

T Park
12-09-2004, 01:08 AM
IMO, I thought it was one of Horry's better games.

Lots of fire, agressive, good defense at times.

Had no problems with Robert Horry tonight, the ball slipped out of his hand, so hes human.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-09-2004, 01:28 AM
someone's dunking on Radosoft.

Problem is, your boy Malik was in there the whole second half.