PDA

View Full Version : Parker Getting Used To Wedding Ring

duncan228
07-18-2007, 12:04 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007Jul18/0,4670,BKNPeopleParkerLongoria,00.html

Parker Getting Used to Wedding Ring

By ELIZABETH WHITE, Associated Press Writer

SAN ANTONIO — With all the hardware Tony Parker has racked up over the past several years playing for the NBA champion San Antonio Spurs, it's the latest addition to his collection _ his wedding ring _ that's on his mind.

Parker, just back from a honeymoon with actress-wife Eva Longoria, said the band will take some getting used to.

"It's weird, it's weird," Parker said Tuesday night. "I don't wear rings. ... The only ring that I was wearing is our championship rings, but you only wear that maybe two times, three times maybe. So I have to get used to it."

Parker, 25, and Longoria, 32, married in a civil ceremony July 6 in Paris. The next day, a priest married them in a church across from the Louvre Museum, followed by an exclusive bash at a storied French chateau.

Parker said it was only on his recent honeymoon that he was able to reflect on what has been a banner year. Parker won his third championship with the Spurs, was named MVP of the finals and then exchanged vows with "Desperate Housewives" star Longoria.

"I can't complain. I feel very blessed. It was an unbelievable year for me and for the team. And it was just great. It's hard for me to put (in) words and explain," said Parker, who was at a premiere party for a DVD chronicling the Spurs' run to their fourth championship in nine seasons.

"When I was on the honeymoon I finally sat down and tried to realize what we accomplished, and me personally. But it's still hard. I just think I'm going to realize that later on. When you look at your career, I'm going to say, 'Man, 2007, it was a great year,'" Parker added.

Parker said Longoria _ in a silk wool and silk gazar scoop-back mermaid gown embroidered with silver metallic designed by Angel Sanchez _ looked "amazing" and "beautiful" on their wedding day and that the event was unbelievable.

Besides his ring, Parker is also getting accustomed to the ever-present paparazzi.

"It's not like Brad Pitt, or Britney Spears. It's not that bad. And when we're in San Antonio it's OK," he said. "It's more for Eva, it's not me. I'm just there holding hands, they take pictures. It's her world."

And as for his ring, Parker said he'll do his best to keep track of it before and after games.

"A lot of my teammates told me they lost it like five or six times," Parker said. "So I'm going to try to lose it only one or two times."

E20
07-18-2007, 12:09 PM
Manu Ginobili 2005 = Tony Parker 2007

Same exact story.

boutons_
07-18-2007, 12:11 PM
You would think the team could organize a guarded strong box to put everybody's valuables in during the games.

DarkReign
07-18-2007, 12:35 PM
Seriously, Spurs fans need a new hobby. This has to be the 40th thread about how some dude got married to some chick.

Lives, people! Live them!

ALVAREZ6
07-18-2007, 12:37 PM
Oh. My. God.

Someone wrote an article titled "Parker Getting Used to Wedding Ring" ....

Who gives a fuck? Honestly? Did that bitch get paid for writing that?

spursfan09
07-18-2007, 12:49 PM
Seriously, Spurs fans need a new hobby. This has to be the 40th thread about how some dude got married to some chick.

Lives, people! Live them!

Well it does kind of matter when that dude plays for the Spurs.

Mixability
07-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Well it does kind of matter when that dude plays for the Spurs.

Even though, it's getting ridiculous.

DarkReign
07-18-2007, 01:47 PM
Even though, it's getting ridiculous.

Thank you, Danyo.

E20
07-18-2007, 02:11 PM
This is more about the Celebrity status of Parker and Eva rather than the Spurs/NBA. I mean if you read a General Interest Magazine AKA Celebrity lives it's filled with useless shit. I.E Matthew Mcahogaigay's working out, Simon Cowell's trip to Baskin and Robbins.

Summers
07-18-2007, 02:14 PM
This is more about the Celebrity status of Parker and Eva rather than the Spurs/NBA.

And so it's in The Club. It's a cute article.

E20
07-18-2007, 02:16 PM
And so it's in The Club. It's a cute article.
I'm quoting the people that say this is a stupid article and Spurs fans should get over this and I'm explaining why they're shit articles like this, because people have boring lives and need to be entertained by other peoples lives.

T Park
07-18-2007, 02:23 PM
were on a friggen message board.

I mean, so what, is this really in th way of important news?

Bullshit Detector
07-18-2007, 02:27 PM
Parker getting used to a wedding ring?

DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING !!!!

spursfan09
07-18-2007, 03:18 PM
I don't get it. If it annoys so many why click on the link? Its just a random article in the forum meant for people to read. Get over yourselves.

DarkReign
07-18-2007, 03:33 PM
Defensive much? What, news day is so slow, the NBA offseason so uneventful and the world so uninteresting that one just MUST talk about something as mundane and uninteresting as Tony Parker and Eva Longoneria's wedding?

Not once, not twice, hell not even three times, but 15+ times?! Some writer got paid to "report" that he is getting used to his f-ing wedding ring?!

Am I the only one who finds this odd? That people actually have a passing interest in the soon-to-be-ugly-divorce of an NBA player and washed-out "actress"?

To go so far as to post wedding photos, quotes from some jerk-off at the wedding, a breakdown of what she wore, etc??!!

Are you all lonely housewives with paid subscriptions to People and Star magazine or something? I mean, are your lives that empty of meaning and introspection that you derive some modicum of meaning vicariously with this rubbish?

Im just wondering to understand what kind of sheeple I am dealing with here.

DarkReign
07-18-2007, 03:33 PM
I'm quoting the people that say this is a stupid article and Spurs fans should get over this and I'm explaining why they're shit articles like this, because people have boring lives and need to be entertained by other peoples lives.

Yeah, thats more or less it.

bigzak25
07-18-2007, 03:35 PM
just keychain it. what's the big deal.

ducks
07-18-2007, 03:44 PM
Oh. My. God.

Someone wrote an article titled "Parker Getting Used to Wedding Ring" ....

are you mad they did not do that for manu

Who gives a fuck? Honestly? Did that bitch get paid for writing that?

Mixability
07-18-2007, 03:48 PM
I'm gonna wait for in depth Larry King followup regarding whether or not they had to go get the rings re-sized. I heard TP cries when asked about the ordeal he went to in order to find parking outside of the jewelers shop.