PDA

View Full Version : Will Spurs and Cavs make a deal?

coopdogg3
07-18-2007, 01:13 PM
From ESPN, sorry if already posted, and it might fit under a different thread, but here it is.

Will Cavs And Spurs Make A Deal?
Jul 18 - The word going around the NBA is that the Spurs are ready to sign defensive wing Ime Udoka, who had a good year in Portland last year.
But right now the Spurs are over the luxury-tax threshold and want to get under it to make the deal. The Cavs have David Wesley (cap number $1.8 million, real money owed $250,000) and a $2.2 million trade exception.

There may be a deal to be made there, remember the Cavs like third-string point guard Beno Udrih. The Cavs could trade either for Udrih, if the Spurs can part with him for nothing in return, which isn't certain. -- Akron Beacon-Journal

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors?univLogin02=stateChanged

rayray2k8
07-18-2007, 01:14 PM
A one-way trip for Beno out of San Antonio is always approved!!

MoSpur
07-18-2007, 01:24 PM
Sounds good to me, but they would have to sign another PG to fill his spot. Brevin Knight is still out there and a few others as well.

AFBlue
07-18-2007, 01:27 PM
Sounds good to me, but they would have to sign another PG to fill his spot. Brevin Knight is still out there and a few others as well.

nevermind,

had a similar response in another thread and didn't realize it was you both times.... :)

MoSpur
07-18-2007, 01:28 PM
A lot can be done still. They may try to move Barry. Maybe to Golden State or Portland.

coopdogg3
07-18-2007, 01:29 PM
This was from the same rumor link, sounds like Cleveland REALLY wants a PG.

Cleveland Cavaliers Team News:

Quick Shots
Jul 18 - The Mike Bibby deal looks to be totally off. ... with the Kings signing Mikki Moore, they likely are no longer interested in Drew Gooden.
The Cavs believe the best way for the team to improve is through a trade, not the free agent market. Which is why they have been on the sidelines.

Right now, the Cavs are considering opening the regular season with Larry Hughes at point guard. They are exploring other options to be sure, but in the short term it may very well be the best option if the roster stays intact -- Akron Beacon-Journal

SenorSpur
07-18-2007, 01:29 PM
Perhaps they should have nabbed Jason Hart when he was available. After all, he has spent time as a 3rd string backup for the Spurs before and would have likely been effective. He certainly would have been cheap.

Marcus Bryant
07-18-2007, 01:31 PM
Beno might actually come through in a contract year...

Steve-O-Matic
07-18-2007, 01:32 PM
The Spurs wouldn't NEED to sign a 3rd PG if they were to trade Beno. The 3rd PG rarely (if ever) plays in any game that is still in doubt in the 4th - barring injuries or an extreme foul trouble situation amongst the top 2. Brent Barry is more than capable of being the 3rd PG when needed, and for that matter so is Manu.

MoSpur
07-18-2007, 01:35 PM
I think its best they go into the season w/three.

Bullshit Detector
07-18-2007, 02:45 PM
Beno might actually come through in a contract year...

WHOOP! WHOOP! WHOOP! WHOOP!

BULLSHIT OVERLOAD DETECTED! ABANDON THREAD !!!

worm9110
07-18-2007, 02:48 PM
The Cavs trade sounds nice if we can get Udoka out of the whole deal and get rid of Beno. I think getting a descent point out of the free agent list to fill the gap of Beno would work. I still think Jalen Rose would be a awesome backup point. We could get him for cheap too. Parker/Rose/Vaughn