PDA

View Full Version : Someday, when I’m GM of the Spurs I’ll hire the folks from Spurstalk

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-18-2007, 01:41 PM
Here’s who’ll be on my staff:

Director of Media Relations – Ducks – having Ducks in charge of all my press releases should ensure that we stay CIA. Navajo codetalkers won’t even know what we’re up to.

Team Physician 1- Admiral – Life hasn’t been the same without my wingman. If he isn’t done with medical school yet he can practice his surgical skills on millionaire ballplayers…I’m sure they’ll be fine with that.

Team Physician 2 – JimCS50 – Yes, I know he’s a dentist, but I’m sure his medical training will allow him to treat whatever could happen to someone on a basketball court. How difficult can it be assess a high ankle sprain? It’s so simple a dentist could do it.

Head Athletic Trainer – ShoogarBear – I know Shoog has some sort of medical or physical therapy background, only I’m not really sure what he does exactly. He’s kind of like Chandler on Friends in that respect. I figure if he can shoot the cortisone shots it’s all good. Our team just has a bunch of foreign floppers anyway, so there really won’t be any real injuries to worry about.

Strength and Conditioning Coach – GIG – I want all my players to be able to jump as high as him….I just hope the players don’t all bulk up like he has. I hope GIG isn’t linked to Balko anytime soon. Optional replacement for the same reasons: Norcal.

Basketball Operations Assistant – Cosmic Cowboy – Since I’ll really be handling most of the basketball operations as the GM anyway I just need someone in this spot who’ll be fun to party with. If half of Cosmic’s tales are true I want to hang out with this guy!

Assistant GM – Kori Ellis is a no brainer for this job. Much like Sam Presti, she’ll be the power behind the throne, and I’ll simply take all the credit for all her great ideas.

Director of College Player Personnel/Scouting – Timvp in this position should ensure that my team won’t ever draft another Marcus Williams. MarcusBryant will be a good replacement after another team hires Timvp away to be their GM within six months.

Shooting Coach – T Park apparently can shoot some mean halftime contest hoop. That’s all the evidence I need to hire him as my shooting coach.

Director of Pro Player Personnel – Sequ, the obvious choice. If anyone can relate to today’s NBA player, it’s SequSpur. And, as a failsafe, if player mutiny is afoot, Sequ is the perfect height to go around and give the players each a pacifying hummer. Worst case, he can entertain the troops by farting corn kernels.

Director of Foreign Player Development – Angel Luv – She’ll be able to keep me updated on which Slovenian player looks the hottest in his uniform. Important information if the team is ever involved in a “pose-off”.

3rd Assistant Coach – Whottt – In case things go badly I need a scapegoat on my staff that I can blame for any poor decisions that I make. Since no one would believe it if I blamed my assistant GM, I’ll need Whottt around.

2nd Assistant Coach – CoachTF – This team needs one real coach.

Assistant Head Coach – AggieHoopsfan – Most of the time I agree with his opinions. His occasional hot head makes me a little hesitant to make him the head coach, but as the top assistant he should be able to enrage at least one player enough to result in his being choked a time or two. The entertainment value in that alone is worth the hire. I considered Ghostwriter for this position, only I knew I’d probably only have him around for two or three games a year.

Head Coach – Solid D – Hopefully I won’t have to fire him thirteen games into the season and replace him with myself because this could severely strain our friendship.

SpursWoman
07-18-2007, 01:49 PM
:lmao

ShoogarBear
07-18-2007, 01:49 PM

You can't have whottt without having Chump in that assistant coach mix, too. I hope Solid has a strong stomach.

Also, since you have astutely recognized that you want to have to do as little work as possible, you need a salary cap guru like Bruno or one of the other local wonks.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-18-2007, 01:51 PM
I'd work on that team for free for the sheer entertainment value.

ShoogarBear
07-18-2007, 01:53 PM
Chopper is the GM. I'm pretty sure we'd all be working for free.

MoSpur
07-18-2007, 01:57 PM
LOL at the GIG and Norcal idea.

Spurminator
07-18-2007, 01:58 PM
Whottt needs to be in a position where he would be handling press conferences. I'd make him figurehead Head Coach for that reason alone.

Brutalis
07-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Brutalis will be overseas finding Euro duds for ya.

spurscenter
07-18-2007, 02:05 PM
Ill be the Chinese Translator for Mexican Players

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-18-2007, 02:12 PM
Chopper is the GM. I'm pretty sure we'd all be working for free.
Well, the price is right. If Holt finds this thread you might have just signed the pink slips for the entire current Spurs staff.

Solid D
07-18-2007, 02:15 PM
:lol Sooo, I am the next Tark, eh? You need more women on your team, though.

Great idea threads like this one can really help us to congeal after our meltdowns.

Marcus Bryant
07-18-2007, 02:16 PM
Whottt needs to be in a position where he would be handling press conferences. I'd make him figurehead Head Coach for that reason alone.

http://images.tvrage.net/screencaps/31/6061/315307.jpg

J.T.
07-18-2007, 02:20 PM
I'll be the new Crazy Lou but I'll need a double shot of Everclear before I go on the job.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-18-2007, 02:26 PM
I couldn't wait to hear some of those scouting reports from Europe.
"Sergei Snuffleupagus should be put at the top of our draft board. He's slow, defends poorly, and isn't much of a ball handler, but he's got great intangibles. You can't teach dreamy like this."

judaspriestess
07-18-2007, 02:35 PM
I want to be the official "massage therapist" :devil

duncan228
07-18-2007, 02:38 PM

Great stuff.

Should be moved to "Classic Threads" as soon as we're done enjoying it!

Leetonidas
07-18-2007, 02:40 PM
Who gets to be the mascot?

Holt's Cat
07-18-2007, 02:40 PM
*ahem*

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-18-2007, 02:41 PM
Who gets to be the mascot?
I don't know but Whottt is damn sure going to be put in charge of that selection.

Spurminator
07-18-2007, 02:51 PM
*ahem*

Ew. Hair ball.

whottt
07-18-2007, 03:07 PM
I want director of mascot development...I'll whip that fat coyotes ass into shape so he's stops disgracing the legacy of the original and dragging the entire franchise and city down with him.

Spurminator
07-18-2007, 03:11 PM
Or... Make David Robinson the Coyote. Best of both worlds.

And he's still in pretty good shape...

Holt's Cat
07-18-2007, 03:12 PM
whottt is a twue cwacka-lacka

ShoogarBear
07-18-2007, 03:14 PM
Hey, if we can have multiple positions, I want to be director of dance team selection.

. . . wait, "multiple positions" could be misconstrued. How about "multiple jobs"? No, wait . . .

easjer
07-18-2007, 03:16 PM
:rollin

vander
07-18-2007, 03:17 PM
can I be an intern?

Spurminator
07-18-2007, 03:19 PM
<<< Director of Player Spouse Relations

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-18-2007, 03:22 PM
<<< Director of Player Spouse Relations

:lol Absolutely, my friend.

Phenomanul
07-18-2007, 03:23 PM
You forgot to mention that Spurschick would be promoted to Spurs Marketing manager.

FromWayDowntown would be a perfect legal advisor.

Shelly could chill all the beverages.... and use her wisdom to manage all the towel boys....

I'd happily take over the in-game music duties..... With the 1st thing on the list being to get rid of "Are You Ready for This?" Intro...

Last but not least we could use mouse as the official "food-taster" at away venues.

FromWayDowntown
07-18-2007, 03:23 PM
I need to start getting my resume in shape.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-18-2007, 03:27 PM
You forgot to mention that Spurschick would be promoted to Spurs Marketing manager.

Shelly could chill all the beverages.... and use her wisdom to manage all the towel boys....

I'd happily take over the in-game music duties..... With the 1st thing on the list being to get rid of "Are You Ready for This?" Intro...

Last but not least we could use mouse as the official "food-taster" at away venues.

I'm good with all those...so let it be written.

I figure Holt will make SFIE an executive vice president of something, so I'll likely be answering to him.

Johnny Blaze is going to be my inside guy in the media, and so when I trade Parker to the Mavs for two of their dancers and cash considerations he'll be able to spin it into brilliance.

ShoogarBear
07-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Shelly could chill all the beverages.... :rollin

Holt's Cat
07-18-2007, 03:32 PM
Johnny Blaze is going to be my inside guy in the media, and so when I trade Parker to the Mavs for two of their dancers and cash considerations he'll be able to spin it into brilliance.

So he's Wudden, without the bawd spot.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-18-2007, 03:44 PM
I figure Holt will make SFIE an executive vice president of something, so I'll likely be answering to him.

Who said he hasn't already? Time to come clean. I'm Dennis Lindsey.

sandman
07-18-2007, 03:56 PM
Who said he hasn't already? Time to come clean. I'm Dennis Lindsey.

Makes me kinda glad now that I didn't buy a round that night we watched Game 1 together...

ducks
07-18-2007, 03:58 PM
good stuff

Holt's Cat
07-18-2007, 03:59 PM
mmmmmmm....bird is tasty

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-18-2007, 04:01 PM
Makes me kinda glad now that I didn't buy a round that night we watched Game 1 together...
You're gonna be buying me a lot of rounds when the genius of that trade shows through. Book it.

spurster
07-18-2007, 04:09 PM
You need Ghostwriter as an assistant coach to relate to the ballas.

alamo50
07-18-2007, 04:29 PM
You need to post way more often Ed.

FromWayDowntown
07-18-2007, 04:37 PM
Alamo has to be that staff's travel coordinator.

Solid D
07-18-2007, 05:10 PM
FromWayDowntown - 3 Pt. Shooting Coach

stéphane
07-18-2007, 05:19 PM
Seriously, you have to get Bruno for a job related to laws/finances. He always know how many cent you have left for a veteran or would get you a trade exception for a 2nd round pick.

Shelly
07-18-2007, 05:33 PM

I do make a mean margarita!

SpursWoman
07-18-2007, 05:37 PM
So ... where's the casting couch? I mean, where do I send my resume?

Shelly
07-18-2007, 05:39 PM

Kinda like the Wal-Mart greeter? :lol

SpursWoman
07-18-2007, 05:46 PM
:lol

Well, I'd imagine there might be some beans to count at some point. :nerd

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-18-2007, 07:14 PM

Spurswoman is Director of Entertainment. In my position of power I'll be able to just make up staff positions as I go along.

However, I'm obligated to inform you that this position requires you to dress up like a geisha, comment on my enormous biceps from time to time, and address me as "Daddy". There's also a paddle, twelve feet of rope, two midgets and four video cameras involved, the details of which will be given to you upon signing a binding two-year contract.

DOMINATOR
07-18-2007, 07:49 PM
hire me... i can be yalls dennis lindsey

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-18-2007, 08:14 PM
Classic, Helicopter. :lol But it'd probably be the shooting coach that tried to eat me, not a player choking...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Great thread! :lmao

Ed, I'll move to SA if you give me the job of Sustainability Manager. I'll make the Spurs the greenest team in the NBA within five years. ;)

Guru of Nothing
07-19-2007, 12:27 AM
Can I drive the team bus?

http://www.kickasspoker.com/gfx/Logos/logo_pokerbus.jpg

genghisrex
07-19-2007, 12:34 AM
Surely designing your avatar is worthy of some title on this management team. :spin

carina_gino20
07-19-2007, 07:48 AM
great stuff. :lol

Two things:

1. Slomo should be somewhere in there.
2. Who replaces Stan Kelly?

ATRAIN
07-19-2007, 07:55 AM
Can we hire da_suns_fan as groin massager?

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-19-2007, 12:58 PM
Whew!!! Running this team is hard! I never knew how many key positions there were to making a team run!

I think I'm getting closer to having the key hires taken care of! Here are the latest vacancies that have been filled:

Spur Fan In Exile – VP/ Director of the SPAM Counsel
Spurminator – Director of Player Spouse Relations
Spurschick – Director of Marketing/Sales and All Things Naughty
Shelly – Director of Entertainment and Guest Servces
RashoFan – Security Director
Brutalis – Euro Scout
Spurswoman – Director of Accounting & Finance, Geishas, Midgets & Paddles
Mouse – Broadcast Director
Slomo – Director of Internet and Information Technology
FromWayDowntown – Director of the Legal Department and the Long Ball
Ruff – Sustainability Director
Genghisrex – Graphic Design Coordinator/Image Consultant
Exstatic –Human Resouces Director
Guru of Nothing - Chief Development Officer/Bus Driver
Alamo50 – Travel Coordinator
Phenomanul – Facilities and Music Coordinator
Judaspriestess – Massage Coordinator
Holt’s Cat – Team Mascot
Boutons – Holt Cat’s Anal Gland Expresser
PeeWee’s Lovechild – Team Chaplain
vand3537 – Intern/Personal Assistant to the Silver Dancers (he asked to be an intern – ask and you shall receive is my motto you know)

The grand plan is rounding into shape!!

genghisrex
07-19-2007, 01:21 PM
Sweet, does this mean I get to redesign the jerseys? I have this great new idea...

http://www.envirun.org/webimages/duncan_rockets.jpeg

(Okay, to be honest, I stole this one from Dennis.)

Marcus Bryant
07-19-2007, 01:25 PM
Sweet, does this mean I get to redesign the jerseys? I have this great new idea...

http://www.envirun.org/webimages/duncan_rockets.jpeg

(Okay, to be honest, I stole this one from Dennis.)

Man, think of the $ the Spurs would save. Gotta cut costs to stay competitive. Peter Holt is the bestest.

Solid D
07-19-2007, 01:27 PM
Suggested title change:

Guru of Nothing - Guru of Nothing

Spurminator
07-19-2007, 01:30 PM
My first order of business will be to organize a two week retreat with select spouses at Aphrodesiac Ranch in Montana - a fine resort where the wine flows like water, where the men are scarce, where secrecy is encouraged, and where the "clothing optional" policy makes packing light a must.

I will supervise, of course.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-19-2007, 01:38 PM
You better believe that title is going on my resume. As director of the SPAM council, may I suggest we pimp out the SPAM Popemobile, Your Holiness? My brother's wife has some cousins on the south side who can hook us up. 22's, a kick ass sound system for preaching to the masses, hydraulics, and some sweet decals :spam: :spam: :spam:

Don't worry about the cost either. I guess they live on a really bumpy road or something because all this stuff falls off the back of trucks around there.

Shelly
07-19-2007, 01:49 PM

urunobili
07-19-2007, 03:56 PM
i could be your south american scout...

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-19-2007, 04:20 PM
You better believe that title is going on my resume. As director of the SPAM council, may I suggest we pimp out the SPAM Popemobile, Your Holiness? My brother's wife has some cousins on the south side who can hook us up. 22's, a kick ass sound system for preaching to the masses, hydraulics, and some sweet decals :spam: :spam: :spam:

Don't worry about the cost either. I guess they live on a really bumpy road or something because all this stuff falls off the back of trucks around there.

Do it brutha! Cost be damned!

If we're over-budget I'll just....ummm, I mean Whottt will just give a player or two to one of our division rivals. We gots ta have priorities!!

spurschick
07-19-2007, 07:59 PM

I had a salary in mind for Director of Marketing, but the All Things Naughty will cost you extra. :fro

angel_luv
07-19-2007, 08:48 PM
Director of Foreign Player Development – Angel Luv – She’ll be able to keep me updated on which Slovenian player looks the hottest in his uniform. Important information if the team is ever involved in a “pose-off”.

Hardy har har.

:)

angel_luv
07-19-2007, 08:52 PM
I couldn't wait to hear some of those scouting reports from Europe.
"Sergei Snuffleupagus should be put at the top of our draft board. He's slow, defends poorly, and isn't much of a ball handler, but he's got great intangibles. You can't teach dreamy like this."

Oh I can't breathe!

People at work think I am dying, I am laughing so hard.
( I just found this thread.)

whottt
07-19-2007, 09:57 PM

phyzik
07-19-2007, 11:07 PM
I garuntee I can make Timmy D. (or any other player) shoot better at the FT line.

Chip England aint got shit on me!!

All I require is that the player hold a full beer in their off hand and a lit cigarette in their mouth.... I make 20+ LEGAL freethrows in a row one handed with this training regime.... I can just imagine a pro player.

My FT average is 87% over 3 years of doing this. Most shots are while I am drinking!! (Holding a cigarette in the same hand that I chug beer with while shooting).

my friends hate me :depressed

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-20-2007, 12:15 AM
I garuntee I can make Timmy D. (or any other player) shoot better at the FT line.

Chip England aint got shit on me!!

All I require is that the player hold a full beer in their off hand and a lit cigarette in their mouth.... I make 20+ LEGAL freethrows in a row one handed with this training regime.... I can just imagine a pro player.

My FT average is 87% over 3 years of doing this. Most shots are while I am drinking!! (Holding a cigarette in the same hand that I chug beer with while shooting).

my friends hate me :depressed

Hey, don't be dissin on Chip, yo.

He's the guy who did wonders for Tony, and JV, and the team's FT shooting in general last season. Beyond that, he's a great guy.

Maybe you could be his alcoholic assistant? :lol

Slo spurs fan
07-20-2007, 04:40 AM
Well, if you need a professional man cook ... :stirpot:

Slomo
07-20-2007, 07:44 AM
Whew!!! Running this team is hard! I never knew how many key positions there were to making a team run!

I think I'm getting closer to having the key hires taken care of! Here are the latest vacancies that have been filled:

Spur Fan In Exile – VP/ Director of the SPAM Counsel
Spurminator – Director of Player Spouse Relations
Shelly – Director of Entertainment and Guest Servces
RashoFan – Security Director
Brutalis – Euro Scout
Spurswoman – Director of Accounting & Finance, Geishas, Midgets & Paddles
Mouse – Broadcast Director
Slomo – Director of Internet and Information Technology
FromWayDowntown – Director of the Legal Department and the Long Ball
Ruff – Sustainability Director
Exstatic –Human Resouces Director
Guru of Nothing - Chief Development Officer/Bus Driver
Alamo50 – Travel Coordinator
Phenomanul – Facilities and Music Coordinator
Judaspriestess – Massage Coordinator
Holt’s Cat – Team Mascot
vand3537 – Intern/Personal Assistant to the Silver Dancers (he asked to be an intern – ask and you shall receive is my motto you know)

The grand plan is rounding into shape!!
Nice!

I'll take the job provided the Jumbotrons at the arena are my dept. responsibility - there's a serious lack of SPAM on those things and fixing that would be my first priority.

:tu

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-20-2007, 10:57 AM
Nice!

I'll take the job provided the Jumbotrons at the arena are my dept. responsibility - there's a serious lack of SPAM on those things and fixing that would be my first priority.

:tu

Absolutely!

I'm also making it official that only SPAM will be served at the concession stands after March 1st. We'll cook it up 7 different ways, but I can't taint the mojo with anything less.

KEDA
07-20-2007, 12:32 PM
Who's in charge of shoes for the team?

You know this team has to be rocking the best kicks out there, I know of a guy who is pretty knowledgeable about stuff like that.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-20-2007, 12:40 PM
Who's in charge of shoes for the team?

You know this team has to be rocking the best kicks out there, I know of a guy who is pretty knowledgeable about stuff like that.
Do you know anyone who can get us a good deal on office supplies? There's a lot of paperwork to do for a franchise and Holt's going to want it done cheap.

Dex
07-20-2007, 12:46 PM
I got dibs on Team Ninja.

KEDA
07-20-2007, 01:58 PM
Do you know anyone who can get us a good deal on office supplies? There's a lot of paperwork to do for a franchise and Holt's going to want it done cheap.

not anymore

but I could be in charge of getting the team some Honeybaked Hams for Christmas!!!

ShoogarBear
07-20-2007, 02:01 PM
but I could be in charge of getting the team some Honeybaked Hams for Christmas!!!You know what would go great with that?

Some bacon salt (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74283).

Udrihlooms
07-20-2007, 08:51 PM
Since we're stuck with Udrih, I can be his Personal Coach a la Kareem to Bynum. I guarantee you, he'll be our next Tony Parker before the All Star, so we can trade TP for some cash and 3rd round pick and save more $