PDA

View Full Version : Stephon Marbury Plans To Play In Italian League After His Contract Is Over

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-18-2007, 05:03 PM
MARBURY SHOCKER: I'LL PLAY IN ITALY
By MARC BERMAN
July 18, 2007 -- Read The Starbury Blog

Stephon Marbury made a shocking revelation yesterday, saying that when his contract expires with the Knicks in two years, he's planning to play in Italy.

Marbury, amidst his 38-city, cross-country bus tour to promote his discount Starburys sneakers, told The Post he wants to eventually leave the NBA after having visited Italy in May with his wife.

"I'm not just thinking of doing it, I'm going to do it," Marbury vowed yesterday. "My wife loved it there. It's like a [David] Beckham thing."

The Marburys visited Rome, Milan and Tuscany.

Marbury has one year left on his contract with Steve & Barry's and has told friends he wants to take his sneakers global. Marbury will be 32 when his contract expires.

"I would've played 13 years in the league," said Marbury, who is writing a Web blog for The Post. "That's a lot. Most guys don't get to seven."

Asked if the Knicks were on the verge of a title in two years, Marbury said, "We're on the verge right now in my mind."

Marbury, who said he wouldn't want to play anywhere else, says he's not sure if the Knicks would re-sign him at age 32 because of knee tendinitis. Last summer Marbury said he wanted to die a Knick.

There's always been speculation Isiah Thomas would trade Marbury during the final year of his contract when it's a trade asset for a team looking to clear cap room.

There also are reports the Knicks were trying to get under the cap when Marbury's contract expired, but that notion blew up with the Zach Randolph trade on draft day when they took on his four-year deal.

Marbury will make $20.1 million this season and $21.9M in his final year.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07182007/sports/knicks/marbury_shocker__ill_play_in_italy_knicks_marc_ber man.htm

mardigan
07-18-2007, 05:08 PM
:lol at Beckham comparison

E20
07-18-2007, 05:12 PM
Asked if the Knicks were on the verge of a title in two years, Marbury said, "We're on the verge right now in my mind."

..................................:lmao

CubanMustGo
07-18-2007, 05:19 PM
On the verge of bankruptcy, perhaps.

Steph's gotta feed a family, don'tcha know.

zeleni
07-20-2007, 08:21 AM
I would love the idea.