PDA

View Full Version : Would Halsem be a good fit?

traitoravery
07-18-2007, 11:01 PM
Heat's Haslem could be key to depth move
Wednesday, Jul 18, 2007 2:52 pm EDT

Getty Images
With most of the big names in free agency now off the market, the Miami Heat will likely have to pursue trades to fill its needs for depth at point guard and small forward. And forward Udonis Haslem's name has come up in several trade scenarios that involved the Heat.

Haslem, a Miami native, says he expects to remain with the team for 2007-08.

The Heat has had recent trade talks with the Sacramento Kings, Los Angeles Clippers, Milwaukee Bucks and Seattle SuperSonics, among other teams.

Source: Miami Herald

Related: Los Angeles Clippers, Miami Heat, Milwaukee Bucks, Sacramento Kings, Seattle SuperSonics

Email this Rumor More NBA Rumors

From Yahoo

*cough* *cough* Barry and Beno

Halsem would be a great addition to the Team. Especailly when Horry retires

Marcus Bryant
07-18-2007, 11:05 PM
Will he cost more than $700K per?

Darkwaters
07-18-2007, 11:30 PM
Haslem would be a great fit. Hes a proven Dirk stopper. But the problem is that while the Heat have needs at SF and PG...so do we. I just don't know how we can fix their problems when we haven't even settled them for ourselves. And I don't think that Barry and Beno are nearly enough firepower for Haslem. But if it is...do it. Heck, toss in Mahinmi while you're at it.

Marcus Bryant
07-18-2007, 11:38 PM
Haslem would be a great fit. Hes a proven Dirk stopper. But the problem is that while the Heat have needs at SF and PG...so do we. I just don't know how we can fix their problems when we haven't even settled them for ourselves. And I don't think that Barry and Beno are nearly enough firepower for Haslem. But if it is...do it. Heck, toss in Mahinmi while you're at it.

How about Haslem and Udoka? :smokin

ducks
07-18-2007, 11:40 PM
beno for him in a heartbeat

Mr. Body
07-18-2007, 11:55 PM
If Miami is stupid enough to take Barry + Beno for a nice piece like Haslem, I'd take it instantly.

Marcus Bryant
07-18-2007, 11:59 PM
If Miami is stupid enough to take Barry + Beno for a nice piece like Haslem, I'd take it instantly.

Problem is, the Spurs will eventually have Oberto, Splitter, Bonner, and Mahinmi who combined would cost the Spurs the same as Haslem. Don't get me wrong, I'd like Haslem, but, you know, his game has a fatal off-court flaw.

Go Spurs Go.

Darkwaters
07-19-2007, 12:03 AM
Problem is, the Spurs will eventually have Oberto, Splitter, Bonner, and Mahinmi who combined would cost the Spurs the same as Haslem. Don't get me wrong, I'd like Haslem, but, you know, his game has a fatal off-court flaw.

Go Spurs Go.

For a proven Dirk stopper I think you just eat that and move on. Haslem just makes too much sense. And besides, while his contract is larger than what we currently have, its not exactly MASSIVE either. 6.5 -7.5M isn't bad for what he'd bring to the table.

Marcus Bryant
07-19-2007, 12:09 AM
For a proven Dirk stopper I think you just eat that and move on. Haslem just makes too much sense. And besides, while his contract is larger than what we currently have, its not exactly MASSIVE either. 6.5 -7.5M isn't bad for what he'd bring to the table.

He has 3 years at that level. The Spurs like to deal bigs with contracts like that, not take them on.

Again, I think Haslem would be a welcome addition. But I don't see the Spurs going for it if it was available.

Mr. Body
07-19-2007, 12:17 AM
I'd give up Oberto + Bonner + Mahinmi for Haslem. A proven, battle-tested, expert PF at that price would be fantastic. Of course at that price he's well out of the range of the Spurs.

lqbeyond
07-19-2007, 01:50 AM
Bonner + Mahinmi + Barry = Haslem

that would be nice

Is pat that stupid ? hope so.......

Darkwaters
07-19-2007, 08:35 AM
He has 3 years at that level. The Spurs like to deal bigs with contracts like that, not take them on.

Again, I think Haslem would be a welcome addition. But I don't see the Spurs going for it if it was available.

Thats because most of their bigs that have been at that level have been worthless. Clearly you can't believe that Rasho Nesterovic = Udonis Haslem by ANY stretch of the imagination. Haslem brings so much more to the table than any big we have outside of Duncan and he is able to defend Dirk. We're not talking about "he SHOULD be able to defend him" and "feasibly he has the skill set" but rather he has ACTUALLY shut the guy down. And in the finals no less. Haslem would be perfect and we would fall all over ourselves for him.

bdictjames
07-19-2007, 08:50 AM
If we do get him, we've got our Dirk stopper.

td4mvp21
07-19-2007, 09:31 AM
I think if the opportunity comes up, we need to get him. We can't keep waiting for guys like Splitter and Mahinmi to come over here, we need to get the best possible assets now so we can win. In maybe 2-3 years from now, we might not be the contenders we are now.

nkdlunch
07-19-2007, 09:46 AM
Finley for Haslem. they wanted Finley badly

MrChug
07-19-2007, 10:03 AM

I think that's the problem...no one is. I think this offseason has proven that no one in the league wants Beno.

Marcus Bryant
07-19-2007, 10:08 AM
Thats because most of their bigs that have been at that level have been worthless. Clearly you can't believe that Rasho Nesterovic = Udonis Haslem by ANY stretch of the imagination. Haslem brings so much more to the table than any big we have outside of Duncan and he is able to defend Dirk. We're not talking about "he SHOULD be able to defend him" and "feasibly he has the skill set" but rather he has ACTUALLY shut the guy down. And in the finals no less. Haslem would be perfect and we would fall all over ourselves for him.

It's almost as if the Spurs seek to avoid a greater than NBA average salary for any player outside of the Big 3.

lotr1trekkie
07-19-2007, 10:16 AM
You can't pay a benchjockey like Haslem 7 mill. Manu make 9.5 Are you insane. He would become the 4th highest paid Spur. One of the reasons we maintain good team chemistry is that our salary structure reflects importance to the team.We don't have guys like Marbury pulling in 20 mill when they have accomplisded nothing. Right, pay Haslem twice what guys who have won here and see what happens.

Spurminator
07-19-2007, 10:21 AM
nm

MrChug
07-19-2007, 11:29 AM
Who's this HALSEM fuck? It looks like there's no one like that on their roster!!!

:blah

dg7md
07-19-2007, 05:32 PM
I'd love Haslem here, he was a huge part of the Heat's 06 run.