PDA

View Full Version : Rasho Must Go

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 09:37 AM
What a waste. As much shit as Malik Rose has received over the last couple of years for his contract at least the man plays hard when he is on the court regardless of what mistakes (real or imagined) he has made.

Why is it that a 7', 250 lbs player with his agility has such a struggle in the paint? !@#$.

Rasho Apologists don't waste my time. Yes, I know he wasn't the worst the Spurs could have ended up with. Yes, I know that in Slovenia men are castrated at a very young age.

Rasho is the Teflon !#@$ing Spur. Why? Northside must like his hue, much like the surprisingly athletic Brent Barry.

!@#$.

I don't give a damn what the record is. Some players on this team are soft beyond hope (physically as well as mentally).

The Spurs have learned a valuable lesson: international players are awesome to have at the wing spots, but not in the paint.

!@#$.

SlovenianGuy
12-09-2004, 09:53 AM
I'm not castrated yet. Maybe I should leave Slovenia and go to dreamland USA... MarcusB, please save me. Do you maybe have a room for me?

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 09:58 AM
It he hasn't had his nutsack cut off then what's the excuse?

He's had 5 full years in this league to learn. 5 years.

T Park
12-09-2004, 10:16 AM
This message is hidden because Marcus Bryant is on your ignore list

Whats that??

Rasho is great???

Wow, you sure picked a misleading headline for a thread Marcus :)

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 10:31 AM
Did TPark soil himself again?

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/images/diaper.jpg

T Park
12-09-2004, 10:33 AM
This message is hidden because Marcus Bryant is on your ignore list.

Silence is golden.

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 11:40 AM
!@#$.

At least Malik Rose had given this franchise 5 years' worth of consistent hard nosed play before he got that contract which everyone likes to bitch about.

What did Radosoft give? What is Radosoft giving?

Malik got $42 mil over 7 years.

Rasho? $42 mil over 6.

Who's finishing games? Who's the one playing like a real big instead of some !@#$ing oaf?

But...but...Malik misses that one jumpshot per game and oooh that's so important.

I love the !@#$ing double standard exhibited by Spurs fans.

http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/nba/2001/0507/photo/r_popovich_i.jpg

Clandestino
12-09-2004, 11:42 AM
last nights game was evident that pop thinks rasho is soft too.. otherwise he wouldn't have sat rasho the whole second half and went with wild man malik and an aging robert horry... he shouldn't put in massenburg to fuck up fortson though... fortson was killing us and not getting anything called.

the first half the whole team didn't even play hard though... in warmups they were even screwing around.. i go to many, many game and i had never seen them screwing around before the game like they were.

it was a good loss, if you can call it that.. at least it was a nice wake up call...

BigVee
12-09-2004, 11:50 AM
Glad you provided that insight. I saw Manu yucking it up right before the tip and thought that was strange before such a big game.

tekdragon
12-09-2004, 12:00 PM
Marcus,

I agree that Rasho is no Kevin Willis. Hell, he ain't even no Kevin Duckworth.

But claiming that Malik deserves no criticism is ridiculous. Malik has a lot of heart, and plays hard, but he's just not very smart on the court. Rasho is what he is: a big who shoots. Criticizing him for not being a back-to-the-basket Shaq type player is stupid. That's not what he is, and that's not what he does. That's not even what we brought him in for. That's like criticizing Malik for not having a jump shot. That's not what we hired him for. He's supposed to be playing hard defense and getting rebounds. Rasho is here to take outside shots to keep the offense spaced and let Tim do his thing. That, and defense. He doesn't play well every night, and should be called out for it. Malik doesn't play well every night, either, and also should be called out for it. No one's giving Rasho a free pass. But not everyone expects him to be something he's not, either. He is what he is. And so is Malik. And they both should be held responsible for their shortcomings. Rasho has some talent but no heart. Malik has heart but little talent. Get over it.

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 12:03 PM
I didn't say Malik should be immune from criticism but if Malik deserves the lame criticism I've seen expressed by some in this forum over the last year then Radosoft certainly has earned that and more.

At least Malik seems to understand that the first job of a NBA big is to not play like a wuss in the paint.

Spurminator
12-09-2004, 12:05 PM
It would be nice if we could merge Malik's heart and toughness with Rasho's size and talent, but we can't, and there's not a player like that readily available on the market.

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 12:06 PM
Indeed. So until Radosoft changes he deserves to be treated like Rose has been treated over the last couple of years.

tekdragon
12-09-2004, 12:26 PM
I can agree with what you're saying, MB. I guess the difference in my perception is that Rasho knows what he is and plays within his own game (however deficient it may be), whereas Malik seems to be trying to be something he's not, and I think that's what frustrates most people, myself included. Back in the days when Malik was scooping up offensive rebounds and playing killer D while only taking a few shots a game, I don't think he took too much from the fans. I think most of the griping started when he seemed to be forcing a shot every time he touched the ball. When Malik comes in the game, I'm not thinking "Hell yeah! Now we can start scoring!", I'm thinking "Every board is ours". It just seems like on offense, he's always looking for his shot. I want him looking for offensive rebounds. Watch him position himself on the floor...it just seems like he's looking for an opportunity to get his hands on the rock instead of looking for good rebounding position. That's frustrating, because he can do amazing things (especially for his size) when it comes to rebounds and put-backs.

(and the way Brent Barry is shooting, we could really use that)

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 12:29 PM
The thing is, the Spurs begin and end with defense. Malik grasps that. Malik also grasps that his role is to attack the glass, establish position in the paint, and administer punishment.

On the offensive end Malik's job is to go to war with TD in the paint and clean up any mess.

I can handle Malik's 1 or 2 miscues a game because otherwise he is doing exactly what you want a big playing with TD to do.

ALVAREZ6
12-09-2004, 05:05 PM
rasho ....

danyel
12-09-2004, 05:22 PM
The Spurs have learned a valuable lesson: international players are awesome to have at the wing spots, but not in the paint.

Pau Gasol, Yao Ming, Dikembe Mutombo, Dirk Nowitsky, Hakeem Olajuwon, just to name a few...

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 05:35 PM
Pau and Dirk are 3s I don't care what they are listed as.

You just listed 3 of the 6 exceptions in NBA history. Smits, Sabonis and Ewing are the others.

PM5K
12-09-2004, 06:10 PM
Indeed. So until Radosoft changes he deserves to be treated like Rose has been treated over the last couple of years.

I didn't read the entire thread but I did read your post and while I like Rasho and think he is capable of quite a bit under the right circumstances, I totally agree with that statement...

Ghost Writer
12-09-2004, 07:19 PM
Please see:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7183&page=1&pp=26

ALVAREZ6
12-09-2004, 07:37 PM
Pau and Dirk are 3s I don't care what they are listed as.

You just listed 3 of the 6 exceptions in NBA history. Smits, Sabonis and Ewing are the others.

Sabonis....
lol, that guy had some nice passes for a big man :fro

SequSpur
12-09-2004, 08:21 PM
Welcome to the sequwagon, thanks for coming.

mattyc
12-09-2004, 09:12 PM
At least Malik seems to understand that the first job of a NBA big is to not play like a wuss in the paint.
^The man speaks great truths.