Watched the replay earlier today. Sanikidze has a nice dunk. :smokin
Skinny legs and all, eh?

SenorSpur
07-20-2007, 12:13 AM
Watched the replay earlier today. Sanikidze has a nice dunk. :smokin

Excellent hops!

timvp
07-20-2007, 12:17 AM
Skinny legs and all, eh?Weighing 125 helps him jump higher.

:cooldevil

Darkwaters
07-20-2007, 12:26 AM
I missed the first half of this game. Did Sanikidze look good before he got hurt and left?

THE SIXTH MAN
07-20-2007, 12:28 AM
Thanks for the heads up Solid D.

Solid D
07-20-2007, 12:28 AM
I see Derek Raivio out there for the Hawks. He must have lied about his age again to get out there on the court with those men. :lol

timvp
07-20-2007, 12:46 AM
I missed the first half of this game. Did Sanikidze look good before he got hurt and left?Pretty decent. He was active and made a few nice plays. He moves pretty well without the ball. Defensively, he's quick enough to stay with his man ... even if his defensive fundamentals need some work.

He had some nice rebounds ... including three straight offensive rebounds off of missed free throws. Two of them coming against Shelden Williams.

I think he's a year and diet plan away from being a good NBA prospect. He needs more minutes and more meat on his bones. Overall, you have to be excited by his performance in the summer leagues, considering that it appeared that his basketball career had floundered in the last couple seasons.

timvp
07-20-2007, 12:54 AM
As far as the other players, I thought James White was HORRIBLE in the first quarter. He was forcing shots and wasn't playing defense at all. He was pathetic.

But after that, his offense started to pick up. Nothing spectacular but the shots he was forcing were going in. His defense never really improved, though.

I like James White and I want the Spurs to keep him ... but he's shown no willingness to defend so I could understand the Spurs cutting him. I know it's only summer league but when you are trying to make the Spurs, you should attempt to play defense.

Marcus Williams' D is getting better. He tries defensively and the focus is there. He still has a LONG ways to go before being considered a good defender in Pop terms. Williams gives up middle way too often and plays off of his man so much that a good shooter would just drain shots over him all day. He's long and seems to want to be a good defender ... so there is still hope that he isn't a complete and utter bust.

His offense was pretty atrocious still. He had a couple nice jumpers in the second half but the shots were out of rhythm and weren't looks he'd get in the Spurs' system. The more I watch him play, the more he reminds me of Steve Smith plus knees and minus a jump shot.

And if CJ Watson makes the Spurs training camp, the Spurs need to fire anyone on the team who has a hand in domestic scouting.

Bruno
07-20-2007, 03:43 AM
And if CJ Watson makes the Spurs training camp, the Spurs need to fire anyone on the team who has a hand in domestic scouting.

If Beno is traded and Spurs are looking for a 3rd string PG, yes.

If Beno isn't traded, CJ Watson would be a good choice for the 4th training camp PG.
The 4th PG has 0 chances to make the team. He won't even get a lot of playtime during preseason games. His main task will be to practice with Beno (Vaughn and Parker don't really need practice) and to be a good guy. CJ Watson is an aggressive defender with long arms and his opposition could help Beno to improve his ballhandling skills.