PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Rejects

dbestpro
07-20-2007, 11:21 AM
Adonis Haslem, Raja Bell, Miki Moore, Leandro Barbosa, Gordon Girecek, Luis Scola, all come and gone for nothing. We know the Spurs have done well in the Duncan area and the front office gets credit for the Parker, Manu and Bruce discoveries. I thing sometimes they follow their plan to a fault. Remember, Pop was the one who traded for Michael Smith and proclaimed him the savior of the franchise.

Leetonidas
07-20-2007, 11:25 AM
If another person posts that Leandro Barbosa was a Spurs giveaway, I'm going to track their IP and kick their ass. HE WAS NOT DRAFTED FOR US, HE WAS DRAFTED ON BEHALF OF PHOENIX.

rascal
07-20-2007, 11:31 AM
The spurs have made many mistakes. How about HITA? Lucky for them they have the lucky lottery prize Duncan for if it were not for that this front office would not be able to put a playoff team on the court.

phxspurfan
07-20-2007, 11:32 AM
http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i931442_ibtl.gif

rascal
07-20-2007, 11:33 AM
Again why did they draft for Phoenix and give a good player away or not recognize Barbosa would be a good player worth keeping?

Leetonidas
07-20-2007, 11:37 AM
Again why did they draft for Phoenix and give a good player away or not recognize Barbosa would be a good player worth keeping?
How the fuck do I know? They were making room for Jason Kidd and the proposed trade was made after the deadline so Phoenix asked them to take Barbosa and they did. Did everyone not see how he got royally pwned by Tony in the 2nd round? Fuck Barbosa, shit. He hates Manu, and all Argentinians apparently anyway.

ducks
07-20-2007, 11:39 AM
trying to get that star player YOU always wanted

dbestpro
07-20-2007, 11:41 AM
If another person posts that Leandro Barbosa was a Spurs giveaway, I'm going to track their IP and kick their ass. HE WAS NOT DRAFTED FOR US, HE WAS DRAFTED ON BEHALF OF PHOENIX.
You miss the point. It is the multiple players that we have taken a pass on and who have become better than certian players we have or would fill a current need.

CosmicCowboy
07-20-2007, 11:42 AM
I doubt PHX is done. That trade exception has a shelf life and they obviously wanted it.

Leetonidas
07-20-2007, 11:44 AM
You miss the point. It is the multiple players that we have taken a pass on and who have become better than certian players we have or would fill a current need.
I believe Udonis Haslem only played in the Summer League and the Spurs were high on him and Pop loved Raja too...but shit, Mikki More? He fucking sucks. And Gordon Giricek? :lmao

rascal
07-20-2007, 11:46 AM
trying to get that star player YOU always wanted

I never wanted Kidd and always said Kidd was not coming to the Spurs and would stay in NJ.

They messed up by letting Barbosa go.

Leetonidas
07-20-2007, 11:48 AM
I never wanted Kidd and always said Kidd was not coming to the Spurs and would stay in NJ.

They messed up by letting Barbosa go.
No, they didn't. They were not going to take Barbosa with that pick. If they were planning on signing Kidd, they would have most likely taken Josh Howard.

rascal
07-20-2007, 11:53 AM
Bottom line is they screwed up. They should not have gone after Kidd since they already had a young capable pg in Parker and either kept Barbosa as a future backup or have gotten Howard.

But how do you know Howard was even on their list? He could have slipped past them like he slipped past many teams who did not see his potential.

ducks
07-20-2007, 11:55 AM
name one team that has never made a mistake

rascal
07-20-2007, 11:58 AM

There are none including the spurs.

ducks
07-20-2007, 11:59 AM
hindshit is 20/20

Leetonidas
07-20-2007, 12:03 PM
Bottom line is they screwed up. They should not have gone after Kidd since they already had a young capable pg in Parker and either kept Barbosa as a future backup or have gotten Howard.

But how do you know Howard was even on their list? He could have slipped past them like he slipped past many teams who did not see his potential.
How do you know Barbosa was on the Spurs' list? Like I said, they didn't pick him because they wanted him. Phoenix wanted him so they picked him for them.

samikeyp
07-20-2007, 12:04 PM

Or they could have drafted him and he could have shattered an ankle in practice and never been good....drafting is not an exact science...its really easy to here now and act like we knew all along how things would have turned out.

ATRAIN
07-20-2007, 12:07 PM

Leandro Barbosa was a Spurs giveaway.......................................... .................................................. ......come on track away and come get you some hahahahaha

Leetonidas
07-20-2007, 12:29 PM
Leandro Barbosa was a Spurs giveaway.......................................... .................................................. ......come on track away and come get you some hahahahaha
Flame-baiter. :lol

koopa
07-20-2007, 12:35 PM

barbosa fucking suck, not sure how long you've been a spurs fan, but he would not have fit in this system, he can't guard for shit, he ain't that good of a passer, all he does is run fast and score.......he would never be on the court cause he's such a liability on the defensive side of the ball.........

Marcus Bryant
07-20-2007, 12:49 PM
hindshit is 20/20

YODA
07-20-2007, 01:00 PM

Harlem Globtrotters...

lol

spvrs
07-20-2007, 01:03 PM
Phoenix told the spurs we want your pick which they drafted Barbosa. This is WAY different than him being a spur. This woudl be like saying we missed Gilbert Arenas.

Do you really think spurs have more players that became good that they passed on than other teams? Every team in the league has these type players

SAGambler
07-20-2007, 01:04 PM
Right now we have a group of guys that play great together. In fact great enough to win another championship.

Yet all a lot fans wants to do is piss and moan about WHO WE DON'T HAVE.

Almost reminds me of how 70% of this country is so dissatisfied. Yet they can't seem to put their finger on WHAT it is they are so dissatified about when they are nailed down.

How could anyone possibly know how any player not on the Spurs team would have panned out if he was on the Spurs team.

Hell, all you have to do is look at the promise from Beno his rookie year. And now he is about to be booed out of town. It could easily have worked out differently for every player mentioned had they been on a Spurs team instead of the team they went to. In this case even hindsight isn't 20/20 because they would have been on a team that requires things a lot of teams don't, in order to get playing time.

Solid D
07-20-2007, 01:07 PM
http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i931442_ibtl.gif

:lol

Sense
07-21-2007, 02:19 AM
Stupid thread IMHO....

Why don't you just go to other teams forums and make threads about how they passed on Manu and Tony

spurscenter
07-21-2007, 02:31 AM
Is it true Griciek and Manu didnt get along and thats why Gricek was let go?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-21-2007, 03:00 AM

Go to True Hoop and read the Barbosa file, episodes 1-10, it tells his entire draft history from the inside written by the guy who found him and brought him to the States. We knew NOTHING about him. The Suns asked us to draft him, so we did, end of story.

inconvertible
07-21-2007, 07:28 AM
charles smith