PDA

View Full Version : Radosoft's Replacement

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 12:16 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/troy_murphy.jpghttp://www.nba.com/warriors/images/warriors_logo.gif

Troy Murphy | 1
Position: F
Born: 05/02/80
Height: 6-11 / 2,11
Weight: 245 lbs. / 111,1 kg.
College: Notre Dame '02

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/troy_murphy/index.html)

I don't care how it happens, make it happen. At least this guy doesn't back down in the paint. He doesn't seem to have trouble rebounding unlike a certain Slovenian. He also has a solid J and he knows how to finish so he'd fit in splendidly in the Spurs' offense. There wouldn't be any change in skin color in the Spurs' starting frontcourt which would please Northside. Plus MB would finally buy a Spurs' jersey. Win-win for everyone.

nzkickass
12-09-2004, 12:38 PM
Radosoft's Replacement = Sean Marks

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 12:40 PM
Radosoft's Replacement = Sean Marks

Sadly, that would also be an improvement.

mysterious_elf26
Now, do you think it's time for Pop to give a call to Karl Malone?

Karl Mundt
I don't care how it happens, make it happen.

How is this guy not a GM yet? :depressed

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 12:41 PM
Oh look, we have a Radosoft fan here.

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 12:41 PM
Now, do you think it's time for Pop to give a call to Karl Malone?

Um, I've thought that for some time.

mysterious_elf26
12-09-2004, 12:42 PM
Then I wasn't talking to you, just the people that won't let bye-gones be bye-gones.

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 12:52 PM
Good deal.

Karl Mundt
12-09-2004, 12:53 PM
Um, I've thought that for some time.

:lol

Oh wise one, take some more time to think and tell us how the Spurs are gonna land Murphy.

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 12:55 PM
Package deal: Beno and Rasho for him and whatever salary the Spurs need to take back to make it work under the CBA. Throw in a pick or two if need be.

That should work and then you can go follow the Warriors.

Tres_Till_it_MHz
12-09-2004, 12:55 PM
I can't agree with you more MB. Although Rasho has a good game every once in a while the Spurs need him to be some type of presence in the paint on a consistant basis. Having gaurds run through the paint like Kmart on Xmas eve is totally unacceptable especially in a big game.

ducks
12-09-2004, 12:58 PM
chandler is better
and is on the block

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 01:00 PM
chandler is better
and is on the block

Works for me.

johnny00
12-09-2004, 01:31 PM
Screw that LET'S GET MALONE!!!!!

Wasn't there a post yesterday with upteen pages of posters saying why we didn't need Malone because chemistry would be messed with???? Rose and Malone (not Horry) would have given an inside presence to challenge the Sonics bigs and give us the win. There's is too much upside not to get Karl. I for one do not look foward to another 2nd round exit in the playoffs!

GrandeDavid
12-09-2004, 01:35 PM
I thought Radosoft had the entire summer to work on his game and bulk up. He still is the only white European who cannot hit a freaking free throw, he still gets pimped in the paint and still has that unimposing frame. Huge, phucking phat ass disappointment.

GrandeDavid
12-09-2004, 01:40 PM
Troy Murphy also has an imposing nose, not that that necessarily helps him on the boards or swatting shots etc. Just an observation.

T Park
12-09-2004, 02:42 PM
Troy Murphy??

bwa hahahah

Yeah, hes "tough" in the paint.

Classic. Keep reaching Cryant.

Useruser666
12-09-2004, 04:02 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/troy_murphy.jpghttp://www.nba.com/warriors/images/warriors_logo.gif

Troy Murphy | 1
Position: F
Born: 05/02/80
Height: 6-11 / 2,11
Weight: 245 lbs. / 111,1 kg.
College: Notre Dame '02

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/troy_murphy/index.html)

I don't care how it happens, make it happen. At least this guy doesn't back down in the paint. He doesn't seem to have trouble rebounding unlike a certain Slovenian. He also has a solid J and he knows how to finish so he'd fit in splendidly in the Spurs' offense. There wouldn't be any change in skin color in the Spurs' starting frontcourt which would please Northside. Plus MB would finally buy a Spurs' jersey. Win-win for everyone.

You mean Troy Murphy isn't hispanic?

I like the way Chandler played against us. Would Chicago even be interested in Rasho?

T Park
12-09-2004, 04:43 PM
Ignore his whole "northside" shit.

It hasnt made sense since day 1.

emmo
12-09-2004, 05:46 PM
any word on how sean marks' rehab is coming along?

KiwiCoach
12-09-2004, 07:23 PM
I heard Sean's back is totally ok and he is just "waiting in the wings" for a chance to play.

nzkickass
12-09-2004, 09:29 PM
C'Mon Spurs, lets get Sean in there, lets see if he can help this team in the middle. He has huge energy, and will give 100% effort 100% of the time unlike some Radosoft.

ChumpDumper
12-09-2004, 09:47 PM
Murphy isn't going anywhere.

Dumbass post.

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 09:53 PM
Don't forget to fill your food spittin' girlfriend's bowl tonight.

ChumpDumper
12-09-2004, 09:58 PM
Looks like someone's ignore policy is fungible.

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 09:59 PM
Don't be mad. Your stories are quite amusing.

ChumpDumper
12-09-2004, 10:27 PM
This Murphy crap is more amusing.

Solid D
12-09-2004, 10:32 PM
Rasho is having a better game tonight, versus last night's stinker. 9 Rebounds and 5 blocks in the 4th. More work to do, however.

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 10:42 PM
I love you too.

T Park
12-09-2004, 10:42 PM
I dont understand why nes not playing the 4th quarter

SLOVENIAN 8
12-10-2004, 03:31 AM
I dont understand why nes not playing the 4th quarter

Becouse Pope is stupid!

Ghost Writer
12-11-2004, 12:19 AM
Oh yeah... I'm sure GS is gonna give away their frontcourt Golden Boy.

Murphy is good, but he doesn't block shots.

And the Warriors love this kid.

Why not aim higher and request Shaq, Marcus?

ALVAREZ6
12-11-2004, 09:45 AM
Oh yeah... I'm sure GS is gonna give away their frontcourt Golden Boy.

Murphy is good, but he doesn't block shots.

And the Warriors love this kid.

Why not aim higher and request Shaq, Marcus?

no. not possible.

Gummi
12-11-2004, 12:09 PM
Let me say this before I'll make my point. People have this theory that Rasho needs to be a beast and make throw downs. That's not him. I'm 100% percent that Pop and R.C. knew that before they signed him to a multi-year contract. He fits very well into our system, he's just not playing well at this moment. If he averages 8 ppg, 8 rpg, and 2 bpg, I know that Pop would be happy with his performance.

Now to this trade idea. Troy Murphy is nice player, nothing special. He's in the same league as Rasho. Good shooting touch but a little more mobile. He's not as good of a shot blocker. But he's more of a scorer then Rasho. He also plays much more then Rasho, almost 10 more minutes per game.

Now why should the Golden State Warriors let him go when they just signed him for, if I can remember 50+ million plus? They signed him and Jason Richardson because they want to build a future with these guys. I'm pretty sure that they will not give him up for Rasho. Bad idea.

Keep the faith in Rasho. He'll turn it around and if not, then it seems Malone is on his way.

pjjrfan
12-11-2004, 12:13 PM
Well if pop is worried and unhappy with his play, I am too, and moreso because I can see it for myself when I watch the games. I don't expect him to throw down every time he gets the ball in the paint, although, it would be welcomed, but I do expect him to fight for rebounds, position and let people know he is there. He is making money to help the team win, not to take up space, and let the opponents manhandle Tim, our bread and butter guy, who if he gets hurt I will personally blame Rasho's weak court prescense.

SequSpur
12-11-2004, 12:18 PM
This message is hidden because Marcus Bryant is on your ignore list.

Ah.... technology at its finest.

ALVAREZ6
12-11-2004, 12:19 PM
Ah.... technology at its finest.

lol Sequ

Gummi
12-11-2004, 12:21 PM
I do agree with your post pjjrfan. I would like for him to be more agressive and make other players know that he's lurking in the paint. But I guess that's not him. He almost seems to be a pushover at times. That's sad but true.

But when you look around the league for a replacement I can't find anyone that I like and that would fit in with our ballclub. Sure Tyson Chandler and Eddy Curry seem to be available, but neither of them would fit in with our way of playing, too immature and self-centered. One poster threw Troy Murphy's name in a trade possibility, but it won't happen and to be honest I can't see why that's an upgrade over Rasho.

I'm waiting to see what happen in the Karl Malone saga and if nothing happens there, I'm really looking for Luis Scola possibly comming here after this season to be our main backup big and take minutes from Rasho.

ALVAREZ6
12-11-2004, 03:07 PM
I'm really looking for Luis Scola possibly comming here after this season to be our main backup big and take minutes from Rasho.

Me Too.
Luis Scola better play for the Spurs.

I know that a lot of people think he wont fit in with the NBA style of play, but you have to give him a chance. I can see him doing well in the NBA as a backup for the Spurs, he will help our interior offense.

Think about it, if Tim Duncan is posting up and he gets double teamed by the other big, then Scola is open for an easy 2 points.
He's not a bad shooter for a big either.

Karl Mundt
12-11-2004, 03:20 PM
He's not a bad shooter for a big either.

Maybe because he's not big. The problem with both Malik and Scola is that they are undersized to play center. Against teams that don't have good (or tall) centers, that isn't so much a problem, but when they do, your team will get hurt badly. Malik tries to make up with heart for what he lacks in size (let's face it, he's practically undersized for a SF let alone center), but when he's defending a true (skilled) center, he is either going to get abused or he's gonna foul out in 15 minutes. Despite playing well this year, i think the Spurs will still try and get Scola and trade Malik for someone taller next year.