PDA

View Full Version : what's up with the dvd?

td4mvp3
07-21-2007, 08:51 AM
i should get mine today, so assume folks in san antone have received theirs. the only discussion i remember has been folks asking a couple of guys who got it early some questions about it. have they not arrived or just not impressed?

duncan228
07-21-2007, 09:08 AM
I've got it.
I think I'm on the opposite side of what I've read here. I like it.
Sure, there's stuff not on it that I would have liked to see and there's stuff on it that's repeats of stuff we've all seen.
But, it's a Spurs Championship DVD. It sure beats not having one because another team won!

Budkin
07-21-2007, 07:50 PM
I just picked mine up at Costco and will watch it tonight. FYI if you still didn't get one, they had it for 15.98. Of course you have to be a member.

Horry For 3!
07-21-2007, 07:53 PM
I pre-orded my dvd on amazon.com and got it on the 17th, the date it was released.

td4mvp3
07-21-2007, 08:20 PM
I pre-orded my dvd on amazon.com and got it on the 17th, the date it was released.
i'd assumed most san antonio folks had gotten theirs then, but the message board has been pretty bare in terms of reactions to it.

HOEmada
07-21-2007, 08:23 PM
there is way too much footage that was already shown in previous championship dvd's, also not enough red rocket dunk highlights

misterx91578
07-21-2007, 08:24 PM
i like it

mikeanthony21
07-21-2007, 10:35 PM
i should get mine today, so assume folks in san antone have received theirs. the only discussion i remember has been folks asking a couple of guys who got it early some questions about it. have they not arrived or just not impressed?

It's a good DVD... just not great.

SequSpur
07-21-2007, 10:37 PM
I liked the NVE highlights from this year.

Guajalote
07-21-2007, 10:40 PM
I got mine a few days before the official release date. Don't know how, but I didn't complain.

Although I still liked the 2003 DVD better, I liked it overall. Now all they have to do is come out with a box set when we win next year and I'll be thrilled.

Horry For 3!
07-21-2007, 11:48 PM
I got mine a few days before the official release date. Don't know how, but I didn't complain.

Although I still liked the 2003 DVD better, I liked it overall. Now all they have to do is come out with a box set when we win next year and I'll be thrilled.
What they need to do is convert the 99 Championship VHS into DVD.

LMG_20
07-26-2007, 01:09 AM
When it will reach China?

MrChug
07-26-2007, 06:27 AM

I KNOW!! I'm wondering how long my '99 will last if at all. Haven't played it in about a year. It's great but I hope I don't have to take it to a place to get converted at one of those places...although for $20 bucks which is about what it costs you're looking at about the price of a DVD. I don't think the publishing company would spare the expense since we could do it on our own I guess...

...or buy a DVD/VCR combo? We gotta do something, cuz from what I hear magnetic tape (with perfect storage) might last you 15 years. I of course have not kept it in a hermetically sealed climate/moisture controlled environment, so mine is probably nearing its end...shit.

Budkin
07-26-2007, 10:31 AM

If you get the "25 Years of Champions" box set, the 1999 one is on there.

Reggie Miller
07-26-2007, 10:42 AM
from what I hear magnetic tape (with perfect storage) might last you 15 years. I of course have not kept it in a hermetically sealed climate/moisture controlled environment, so mine is probably nearing its end...shit.

I have tons of VHS tapes that are more than 15 years old, and only a few show signs of deterioration. VHS tapes seem to last indefinitely if kept in a controlled climate and not played very often. The ones that look poor are the ones that I actually watch, not the ones that have been sitting for 20+ years.

dbreiden83080
07-26-2007, 05:16 PM
The DVD was pimping Tony way too much, he did not play that well in the finals. They made it seem like he was putting up 30 a game in that DVD. Duncan also got shafted in the Suns series. He was amazing in that series, especially game 6 and they hardly talked about him at all.

td4mvp3
07-26-2007, 08:13 PM
The DVD was pimping Tony way too much, he did not play that well in the finals. They made it seem like he was putting up 30 a game in that DVD. Duncan also got shafted in the Suns series. He was amazing in that series, especially game 6 and they hardly talked about him at all.
that's disappointing. duncan was the reason they won that series, banned players and crooked refs aside. the suns had, and still have, no answer for him.

angel_luv
07-26-2007, 08:14 PM
I don't know about all of them, but the HEB at Kitty Hawk and 1604 has a three pack- the 03, 05, and 07 Champ Dvd package on sale for $26.

samikeyp
07-26-2007, 10:29 PM
Any championship DVD is a good one! :)

dbreiden83080
07-26-2007, 10:32 PM
that's disappointing. duncan was the reason they won that series, banned players and crooked refs aside. the suns had, and still have, no answer for him.

They spent so much time trying to make the finals look like it was a good series. Showing all the Lebron highlights of him Dunking in slow motion and acting like he was having this amazing series for the Cavs. Anyone who watched the finals knows he was mediocre at best and a sweep is a sweep nomatter how much slow motion and dramatic commentary you put into a highlight package. The Suns series and Duncan's kick ass play needed to be covered much more. Plus they barely even touched on the Jazz series either. The 2003 DVD is still the best one by far.

td4mvp3
07-27-2007, 08:47 AM
They spent so much time trying to make the finals look like it was a good series. Showing all the Lebron highlights of him Dunking in slow motion and acting like he was having this amazing series for the Cavs. Anyone who watched the finals knows he was mediocre at best and a sweep is a sweep nomatter how much slow motion and dramatic commentary you put into a highlight package. The Suns series and Duncan's kick ass play needed to be covered much more. Plus they barely even touched on the Jazz series either. The 2003 DVD is still the best one by far.
yeesh, i'd had hopes this would be a good one since so many folks were impressed with it in other threads. the cavs stuff i can understand, they have to spend 30 minutes on the finals in the hourlong program, but if the jazz series got short shriff, bleh.

fyatuk
07-27-2007, 08:55 AM
I KNOW!! I'm wondering how long my '99 will last if at all. Haven't played it in about a year. It's great but I hope I don't have to take it to a place to get converted at one of those places...although for $20 bucks which is about what it costs you're looking at about the price of a DVD. I don't think the publishing company would spare the expense since we could do it on our own I guess...

...or buy a DVD/VCR combo? We gotta do something, cuz from what I hear magnetic tape (with perfect storage) might last you 15 years. I of course have not kept it in a hermetically sealed climate/moisture controlled environment, so mine is probably nearing its end...shit.

I transfer VHS tapes at home. TV tuner card in my computer and a DVD burner. Saves on expense for such things. Not hard to do either.

Dave McNulla
07-27-2007, 09:02 AM
i should get mine today, so assume folks in san antone have received theirs. the only discussion i remember has been folks asking a couple of guys who got it early some questions about it. have they not arrived or just not impressed?i like it. i made a copy of it for my phone (208x160) so i can show it to my laker fan friends.

Dave McNulla
07-27-2007, 09:04 AM

...or buy a DVD/VCR combo? We gotta do something, cuz from what I hear magnetic tape (with perfect storage) might last you 15 years. I of course have not kept it in a hermetically sealed climate/moisture controlled environment, so mine is probably nearing its end...shit.it is on DVD

25 years of champions (http://www.amazon.com/NBA-25-Years-Champions/dp/B0007VY47W)