PDA

View Full Version : who makes a bigger impact for the rockets this year?

td4mvp3
07-21-2007, 09:51 AM
scola (that pf so many folks said that team needed) or francis (still a talented point guard of the big and hulky variety that gives the spurs problems, a la deron williams, starbury)?

exstatic
07-21-2007, 02:56 PM
The only thing Francis will do is keep the ball OUT of TMac's hands, which is a good thing. See if this might seem familiar:

Dribble, dribble, crossover, dribble, dribble, dribble...2 seconds on the 24...jack up a shot. That, folks, is an encapsulation of Steve Francis' career.

Darkwaters
07-21-2007, 03:00 PM
Agreed.

Scola should do a lot to make them a better team.
Francis should do quite the opposite.

sabar
07-21-2007, 03:11 PM
francis will have a bigger impact... not necessarily a good one, but bigger.

spursreport
07-21-2007, 03:26 PM
:rolleyes :rolleyes People thinking Francis is going to be such a cancer for this team are going to be a little surprised. Everyone said Antoine Walker, Payton, and J-Will would ruin that team chemistry and yet they won the championship. This move will help the Rockets rather than make them worse.

DOMINATOR
07-21-2007, 03:26 PM
Adelman will have the biggest impact

koopa
07-21-2007, 03:52 PM
i doubt neither make to much of an impact, scola isn't gonna have the ball thrown to him enough to do anything worth a damn, yao still needs all his shots to be effective, tmac is to good not to give him his fair share of shots, and then you have steve francis who thinks he's still good and will shoot his fair share whether he's making them or not, and then you are gonna have bonzi playing for a contract so he's gonna want to score, and then they still have brooks that they drafted and i'm sure they wan him to develope and score some, and then they have head who is gonna needs some shots to be effective............. i just don't see how this team is gonna be any better then last year, adding all these ppl dosen't make to much sense cause they added ppl that need to be shooting to be effective they didn't add real role players that can except not scoring all the time

tlongII
07-21-2007, 11:09 PM
Aaron Brooks.

screw_ston713
07-21-2007, 11:44 PM
all this rockets hating. we either dont have enough scoring around tracy and yao or we have too much and its not enough balls to go around. please stop all the damn hating. this is barley going to be yao and tracys 4th yr together and only twice making it to the playoffs so stop all the they never made it pass the 1st round shyt. yall act like spurz being dominating the league in its entire exsistance. its an experiment until u find the right formula that works. atleast the rockets shake things up in the offseason. rox only had the mle to offer a player. they traded a player who pubically said he didnt want to play in the u.s for scola and butler. soon as he became rox property all the he will be a bust he this he that but when he was spurz prospect yall couldnt wait for him to join the spurz. morey also traded away 34 yr old howard for mike james and we picked up steve which is a low risk high reward. with all the problems rox had at point and undersized at foward we was a 52 win team. now we brought in some veteran guards and a pf in scola and rox will be worst off please sounds like hating to me. :fro

screw_ston713
07-21-2007, 11:50 PM
just don't see how this team is gonna be any better then last year, adding all these ppl dosen't make to much sense cause they added ppl that need to be shooting to be effective they didn't add real role players that can except not scoring all the time what in the hell???? what is a real role player? rox went 4rm a bench who scored 0pts in game 5 of the playoffs and only 4 players scoring in the entire game. now we add some shooters and its going to hurt the rockets logic dosnt make any sense at all

screw_ston713
07-21-2007, 11:59 PM
steve had a decent yr when he went to orlando, when he went to new york his minutes decreased because they have an overwelming abundance of guards marbury steve robinson. when he is splitting minutes with marbury of course your numbers will decrease. in houston he was the 1st option as well as in orlando when he went to knicks he was a backup. i bet half the ppl who keep saying steve will dribble dribble aint never watched the dude play they still stuck on stuff being talked about when he 1st was traded 4rm houston. i still hear ppl bringing up him skipping practice to attend the superbowl which was like 3 or 4 damn years ago let it go already.

The_Game
07-22-2007, 07:14 AM
agreed with the previous two posts/ people moan rockets had no help for Yao and t-mac now they add help people are saying they won't be enough balls? thats idiotic. the rockets have addressed their needs to help their two superstars which should be enough for them to challlenge to win it all. they have all the pieces now. they just need to work togeather as a team and they can go far.

WalterBenitez
07-22-2007, 08:48 AM
Yao & Scola, who else?

wildbill2u
07-22-2007, 08:53 AM
scola (that pf so many folks said that team needed) or francis (still a talented point guard of the big and hulky variety that gives the spurs problems, a la deron williams, starbury)?
You phrased the question wrong. This is the year that Yao fulfills his promise and makes Barkley eat crow about his prediction.

Yao was on track for a monster season last year until his injury. The Rockets will go only as far as Yao can take them despite Adelman moving him from the low post to the high post.

td4mvp3
07-22-2007, 10:36 AM
You phrased the question wrong. This is the year that Yao fulfills his promise and makes Barkley eat crow about his prediction.

Yao was on track for a monster season last year until his injury. The Rockets will go only as far as Yao can take them despite Adelman moving him from the low post to the high post.
no, i pretty asked the question i wanted opinions about. all this stuff about adelman and yao aren't what interests me, because i really don't care about the rockets and their outcome. i was intrigued by franchise returning to houston because of how he was often blamed for not getting the ball to yao enough and always wanting to jack up shots and if he would be a bigger deal than the scola acquisition, which related to the spurs.

lotr1trekkie
07-22-2007, 11:02 AM
As listers seem to understand Franchise is a ball hog a la Iverson. He will want 10 -15 shots a game. Mike James will freak out. Ditto Rafer. McGrady--- bring him off the bench like Ginobili. Yao is the new Ben Wallace. Rockets needed a Steve Nash not a Starbury. Scola will wish he were still the "MAN" in Tau.

screw_ston713
07-22-2007, 12:10 PM
i have a question, how many championship teams had top 5 pgs in the league when they won the championship? in detroit how many teams had billups been through before landing in detroit and winning a ring with a pain in the ass player like SHEED. mia when they won the championship jason williams and gary payton were there pgs no where near top 5 or top 10 and jason williams had the same things said about him that ppl are saying about steve. ok when la won their championships derrik fisher and tyron lue were their pgs again not top 10 pgs when houston won their 2 titles a rookie cassell and kenny smith were our pgs and by no margin were they top 10 pgs ok lets look at bulls paxson harper bj armstrong steve kerr were they top 10 pgs? where is this notion you need a top 5 pg to win a title? has kidd, nash, ever won a title?

koopa
07-22-2007, 12:11 PM
what in the hell???? what is a real role player? rox went 4rm a bench who scored 0pts in game 5 of the playoffs and only 4 players scoring in the entire game. now we add some shooters and its going to hurt the rockets logic dosnt make any sense at all

ok, don't post anymore, first you put a z at the end of spurs, then you put rox for rockets, that's just fucking retarded...........

a real role player is someone that isn't going to want to be the man but is willing to do all the little stuff even if their numbers don't look good to help the team win

steve francise isn't one of those players, he wants to score, and you say in other post that he had a good year in orlando, he kinda did but he most of did something that they didn't like cause they traded him to replace him with a better point guard in jameer nelson, and then he got traded from the knicks and cut but portland, so he is not the old steve francise that you've seen in the past, he's washed up, but he still thinks he's good and will suck and mess up the chemistry cause he's still in the same situation of sharing the ball with other point guards in mike james, alston, and now brooks............

scola didn't want to come to the spurs cause he wasn't going to start, and he pretty much brushed off the spurs when they told him he needs to work on his rebounding........... so scola isn't a player willing to do the little things, he wants to score cause that's all he's good at, and he won't have the same oppurtunity he had in tau cause you got a badass tmac and an alright yao dominating the points

you said in another post that ppl whined about the rockets not having help and now that they added ppl that we still whine, well like i said at the start of this post the rockets just added a bunch of ppl that did good being the man, that usually never works for a team cause most the time they still think they are the man. i doubt mike james wants to take a back seat, i doubt bonzi who is playing for a contract next year will want to take a back seat....... so again, like i've said before, y'all are still the third best team in texas and probably not even in the top five teams in the west............ call it hating all you want, but i'm just typing what i see

DOMINATOR
07-22-2007, 12:12 PM
i hope francis and the rockets prove you guys wrong.
and lol at those that think adelman is going to put yao in the high post every possession. he wont be in the high post even half his touches. adelman isn't dumb enough to take the best post player, behind duncan, out of the low post. adelman is going to make it easier for yao by not having him bang around in the low post every freaking possession like JVG. itll prolong his career and he wont tire as quickly during games.

DOMINATOR
07-22-2007, 12:14 PM
scola didn't want to come to the spurs cause he wasn't going to start, and he pretty much brushed off the spurs when they told him he needs to work on his rebounding........... so scola isn't a player willing to do the little things, he wants to score cause that's all he's good at, and he won't have the same oppurtunity he had in tau cause you got a badass tmac and an alright yao dominating the points
bullshit, spurs didn't want to pay that much for a backup PF. scola wanted to come to the NBA spurs didn't want him.

screw_ston713
07-22-2007, 12:27 PM
lol i love ppl who love playing english teachers and quick to correct someones spelling. rox is short for rockets and i put a z at the end of spurz because i like to. 1st of all every team and situation is not the best situation and team for you. when steve was traded he didnt want to leave so he was already a disgruntled star you go 4rm being a 3 time allstar with yao to playing in sorry ass orlando thats why tmac wanted out. u dont grasp the concept this is a LOW RISK high reward hell if he a bust we signed him for less than the mle.

screw_ston713
07-22-2007, 12:32 PM
like i've said before, y'all are still the third best team in texas and probably not even in the top five teams in the west............ call it hating all you want, but i'm just typing what i see lol with a bunch of scrubs who couldnt score rockets had the 4th best record in the league with 52 wins now you add some shooters who are at the stage in their careers where its more important to win than padding their stats and they wont be top 5 in the west lol man get off the computer with all that HATING

koopa
07-22-2007, 12:37 PM
lol with a bunch of scrubs who couldnt score rockets had the 4th best record in the league with 52 wins now you add some shooters who are at the stage in their careers where its more important to win than padding their stats and they wont be top 5 in the west lol man get off the computer with all that HATING

you assume they are at their point in the careers of it being more important to win then padding stats, that is false, bonzi is going to play for a contract and want to score more for him, steve still thinks he's an all star but will only mess up chemistry when him and mike james are fighting for the ball.......... and chemistry is pretty important in basketball........and y'all didn't add shooters y'all added scorers, big difference there.......... so go on wishing y'all could compete with the mavs, spurs, suns, jazz and possibly the nuggets..........

screw_ston713
07-22-2007, 12:46 PM
lol dont put mavs in anything they got bounced out the 1st round just like we did but to a damn 8th seed. how are u so sure where steve james and bonzi are in their careers do you have a personal relationship with these guys? have they been speakn with you this off-season? we both have different opinions and thats all it is opinions. adelman has a .610 winning percentage in this league im pretty sure he and his staff is going to work like hell to put this sqaud together and bring the best out of these players. If he felt like steve would be a cancer he woulda expressed it to morey.

screw_ston713
07-22-2007, 01:12 PM
Houston Chronicle The acquisition of Francis could lead to other moves. Morey has said he would look to move point guard John Lucas III. He has spoken to several teams, including New Orleans.

He said he would not necessarily move other point guards, but the Miami Heat have expressed interest in Rafer Alston, with forward Udonis Haslem and center Michael Doleac among the names discussed. ROX still got moves up their sleeves go ahead and begin the hating on this acquisition too if this trade happens. go look up all the negative pub haslem had since his high school days

J.T.
07-22-2007, 01:58 PM
Houston is their own worst enemy.

smrattler
07-22-2007, 02:14 PM
If they had filled in with a traditional PG, I would have seen Scola maybe making an impact of some kind. But in the starting lineup with TMac, Francis and Yao? Scola does one thing well, score in the low post. How is he going to score anything with those three guys out there?

If Addleman was a smarter coach that knew how to control egos, he'd make Francis or Scola come off the bench, like we do with Manu because he can get more shots that way.

screw_ston713
07-22-2007, 02:32 PM
If they had filled in with a traditional PG, I would have seen Scola maybe making an impact of some kind. But in the starting lineup with TMac, Francis and Yao? Scola does one thing well, score in the low post. How is he going to score anything with those three guys out there?

If Addleman was a smarter coach that knew how to control egos, he'd make Francis or Scola come off the bench, like we do with Manu because he can get more shots that way. if adelman was a smarter coach??? they havent even played 1 game yet and no one knows the starting line up other then yao and tracy. the guards will have to battle for starting rolls which is why i dont have a prob with a plethora of guards cuz who ever starts cant be slacking cuz its 2 more guards just as good eyeing the starting job. we had a pass 1st guard in alston evidently it didnt work out. we need players on this roster who can get to the rim and create for themselves steve/james so tmac dosnt have to play the point/foward like last year and has to create for ev1. i am not crowning rockets champs but after a 52 win season i see them making strides. Everybody can have this displeasure on this move but no 1 knows 4 sure how this will workout til the season starts so everything else is assumptions and speculations and nothing more.