PDA

View Full Version : =SpursTalk "the radio show"=

=RTM=
07-21-2007, 12:39 PM
=How come ST does not have a radio show? Even if it's only two hours on Saturday. How come LJ or Kori do not want any air time? Have you heard any Sports radio lately? Most of the shows don't talk about the Spurs or ask the right questions. I don't see what the big deal is unless Kori or LJ don't like doing radio then it will be a shame, and a loss to the real Spur fans of San Antonio.
If ST had a two hour radio show would you tune in?=
:wakeup

El_Mago
07-21-2007, 12:42 PM
Sports Talk Radio here in SA sucks.

They seem to discuss everything that is already discussed here.....but two or three days old.

Plus, they do not go to in depth when talking about the Cap, Foreign Prospects and their status, Draft, etc...

Mister Sinister
07-21-2007, 12:43 PM
Tune in? Shit, I'd make an effort to *do* an ST radio show!

=RTM=
07-21-2007, 12:48 PM
=If you tune in right now to 7600 AM the Ticket? There are two guys who do a local two hour show called "the Grind" They love to take calls and they will let you pimp ST on the air. I may call in with my old played out MLK "free at last" sound bite,

But I have a Michael Vick's "who let the Dogs out?" sound bite I may use instead.=

SAGambler
07-21-2007, 02:04 PM
=

But I have a Michael Vick's "who let the Dogs out?" sound bite I may use instead.=

:clap :clap :clap

monosylab1k
07-21-2007, 02:07 PM
there could be a weekly ST podcast where two of the more prominent members get on and talk and then put it on the site. Each week two different members could do the podcast. Eventually whichever ones are the best at it get to do it full time.

Kori Ellis
07-21-2007, 02:23 PM
there could be a weekly ST podcast where two of the more prominent members get on and talk and then put it on the site. Each week two different members could do the podcast. Eventually whichever ones are the best at it get to do it full time.

I have offered many times to let people be on a podcast, vidcast, whatever. No one here ever wants to participate.

Darkwaters
07-21-2007, 02:58 PM
I have offered many times to let people be on a podcast, vidcast, whatever. No one here ever wants to participate.

How would it work? I mean, if you've legitimately looked into it then what did you have in mind?

Kori Ellis
07-21-2007, 03:15 PM
How would it work? I mean, if you've legitimately looked into it then what did you have in mind?

Of course I've legitimately looked into it. I have offered many times to have a weekly podcast with fans from here and have it published both here on SpursTalk.com and on WOAI.com. All you have to do is have Skype or even just a phone and call in a number I provide. Then I host it, ask questions and guide the discussion while the other people give their opinions of various basketball related subjects. I record it, edit it, upload it, etc. Pretty basic.

A few times I've provided a toll free number where people can call in and leave a 2 minute audition if they think they want to be on it. Very few people even respond.

sprrs
07-21-2007, 03:15 PM
At the very least, something with Skype could be worked out very easily.

Darkwaters
07-21-2007, 03:17 PM
Of course I've legitimately looked into it. I have offered many times to have a weekly podcast with fans from here and have it published both here on SpursTalk.com and on WOAI.com. All you have to do is have Skype or even just a phone and call in a number I provide. Then I host it, ask questions and guide the discussion while the other people give their opinions of various basketball related subjects. I record it, edit it, upload it, etc. Pretty basic.

A few times I've provided a toll free number where people can call in and leave a 2 minute audition if they think they want to be on it. Very few people even respond.

Cool. I'm interested. What specifically would be discussed? Just whatever is prevalent that day?

I'll have my people call your people.

sabar
07-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Guessing people think they don't know enough or are too lazy. They can't be too busy if they spend hours here racking up 20,000+ posts.

YODA
07-21-2007, 03:36 PM
Kori, I think a lot of people can contribute, but think they need great questions or comments to actually make the call. There are so many smaller questions that need to be answered, which is really what alot of us need to learn.
etc.
How thew cap works
What a trade exception is
How D league functions with nba
how d league players work and get paid.(amounts)
There are a ton of little questions that the people here ask all the time and most all of them are legit questions. We honestly get more information here faster then almost anyplace on the net. Communication is always the key to success in any organization and we have a ton of it here. Anyway,,it sounds lke a great idea and im sure there are plenty of people that can actually contribute to this.

Yoda
Do or do not,,,,there is no try

dallaskd
07-21-2007, 03:37 PM
Sports in San antonio must get old after a while, theres only one team.

YODA
07-21-2007, 03:42 PM
Cowboys, Spurs, Missions, highschool Football, Texans, Astros, Rangers, Rampage, D league team, stars, boxing, UF.......darn, your right, there is nothing to talk about

Yoda

=RTM=
07-21-2007, 03:44 PM
=Anyone can do podcast, vidcast, why settle for non alcoholic beer when people want Heineken? ST needs to move froward not take steps back. Why can't LJ's buddy Greg More get him on Fox Radio since he is so well connected?=

spursfan09
07-21-2007, 03:45 PM
Cowboys, Spurs, Missions, highschool Football, Texans, Astros, Rangers, Rampage, D league team, stars, boxing, UF.......darn, your right, there is nothing to talk about

Yoda

Oh yeah Highschool football is very big in Texas. Very big.

El_Mago
07-21-2007, 03:45 PM
I'd be interested.

=RTM=
07-21-2007, 04:01 PM
=You notice Jeff Vexler,Walter,Don Harris.and any other radio or TV news persons do not post in this forum? Are you saying these folks specialize in San Antonio sports and have no idea ST exists? They won't post in here for many reasons. number one they don't like Kori or LJ if they did they would be on the radio/TV at least once a week. The radio and TV personalities have big Egos. Look at Greg More he can't even post without having to toot his horn about how well known he is on Fox Radio or how well educated he is.

Look at Don Harris A man who can't say anything good about the WWW and the folks who post in forums. (Then in the same breath tells listeners to log on to ticketsports .com to chime in on some cheesy contest.) For some odd reason the radio and TV people never embraced the www or ST. they rather act as those they have no idea who you all , or even if you are real people.

Face it! the only way Kori will ever have her own radio show is if she puts a 250 foot antenna on the roof of her house.=

Kori Ellis
07-21-2007, 04:08 PM
Psst ... I have no interest in having a radio show. If I did, I would have gone to broadcasting school and got into it a decade ago.

I enjoy sitting at my house and getting paid to write while working in my pajamas and not having anyone tell me what to do.

Why would I want a radio show where I'd have to actually go to work and have corporate people tell me what to do and say?

=RTM=
07-21-2007, 04:21 PM
Psst ... I have no interest in having a radio show.

That is not true, if so, why did you jump on the Game Night React show when they asked you? You seemed to be having a great time why not tell them to get lost?

If I did, I would have gone to broadcasting school and got into it a decade ago.

Like Walter did? Since when do you have to go to school to be on the radio?
Are you saying JT the Brick and Chris Duel went to school before they hit the radio?

I enjoy sitting at my house and getting paid to write while working in my pajamas and not having anyone tell me what to do.

Then why are you at all the Spurs games and doing the round table shows?

Is this the same Kori who runs the WOAI Spurs Zone maybe I have the wrong person. Sorry my bad.

Why would I want a radio show where I'd have to actually go to work and have corporate people tell me what to do and say?

Maybe you should ask Greg More,Peter Burns, Stacie,and others why they do it. You might think you don't have to listen to anyone tell you what to do but if thats not true, why would you would be so worried about losing your press pass credentials every time someone posts a gif of Manu dunking the ball? Apparently someone is still your Boss.

Are you going to sit in front of your Keyboard (in your PJs) and honestly say if ESPN calls you right now to do a weekly radio show with Tony Bruno your going to tell them to go to hell?

Kori Ellis
07-21-2007, 04:24 PM
That is not true, if so, why did you jump on the Game Night React show when they asked you? You seemed to be having a great time why not tell them to get lost?

I don't mind being on the radio every once in a while, I don't want a regular show.

Then why are you at all the Spurs games and doing the round table shows?

Is this the same Kori who runs the WOAI Spurs Zone maybe I have the wrong person. Sorry my bad.

Because I enjoy watching basketball.

Maybe you should ask Greg More,Peter Burns, Stacie,and others why they do it. You might think you don't have to listen to anyone tell you what to do but that is not true, if it was you would not be so worried about losing your press pass credentials. Apparently someone is still your Boss.

I'm not worried about my press credentials. You are. And no one is my boss, I'm a freelance independent contractor.

re you going to sit in front of your Keyboard (in your PJs) and honestly say if ESPN calls you right now to do a weekly radio show with Tony Bruno your going to tell them to go to hell?

I'd decline. I turn down jobs all the time. I like staying home with my husband and going out and working when I feel like it.

AnkleBreaker21
07-21-2007, 04:27 PM
in other words she doesn't want to be tied down 24/7:lol

=RTM=
07-21-2007, 04:28 PM
=Well ST there you have it! We will just have to endure another year of worthless D list sports radio in San Antonio. And we have people like Kori and LJ to thank for that.=

Kori Ellis
07-21-2007, 04:30 PM
=Well ST there you have it! We will just have to endure another year of worthless D list sports radio in San Antonio. And we have people like Kori and LJ to thank for that.=

:)

Not everyone wants to be a radio host. But I know there are plenty of talented people in San Antonio who DO want to be one. I'm just not the one.

Re-Animator
07-21-2007, 04:31 PM
I will say this, this is not the same Kori from 1999*

Kori Ellis
07-21-2007, 04:32 PM
I will say this, this is not the same Kori from 1999*

True. It used to seem like it might be a good idea to me to get into radio or tv more. But the more I got into writing for a living, I realized that it better suits me.

Re-Animator
07-21-2007, 04:35 PM
:)
there are plenty of talented people in San Antonio

Like who? Who do you know on the radio that is worth listening to?

Kori Ellis
07-21-2007, 04:37 PM
Like who? Who do you know on the radio that is worth listening to?

I didn't say they were on the radio. :lol

Re-Animator
07-21-2007, 04:41 PM
True. It used to seem like it might be a good idea to me to get into radio or tv more. But the more I got into writing for a living, I realized that it better suits me.

Why does it always have to be about you? Why not think about the ST posters and the San Antonio listeners?

You think Tony Bruno wants to get up every morning to do talk radio? I am sure he would love to stay home in his Boxers and write for some website. But he makes the supreme sacrifice so others can be entertained. You think I liked calling into GNR after every game to talk to that red neck Johnny Bottom-Line? I had to go to work the next day I did not want to wait till 11:00 PM to have to talk smack with some simple minded Laker fan, But I did it any way for the listeners. Some day Kori you will stop being so selfish and you will find it in your heart to do the right thing. I can only pray that day comes soon before many of us exit this earth.

SequSpur
07-21-2007, 04:42 PM
wgaf... the radio is stupid

Switchman
07-21-2007, 04:57 PM
I listen to Walter and Vex from 3 to 6 every day at work. I am too cheap for XM and the news bores me.

I always hear people call Walter, Walter Crapacita. I thought it was just typical senseless trash talk but after listening to him this past week while he was on without Vex...the dude is horrible. I disagreed with about 90% of what he was babbling on about. I don't even mind that they talk about bullshit (movie sweet 16) for an hour but they can't even get those right. The guy bashes Braveheart and admits he's never even seen the god damn movie. GTFO the radio.

I like this forum a lot, and after reading the "news" for 10 minutes a day on here, I know more than Walter does and he gets paid for his crap.

kris
07-21-2007, 05:07 PM
=How come ST does not have a radio show? Even if it's only two hours on Saturday. How come LJ or Kori do not want any air time? Have you heard any Sports radio lately? Most of the shows don't talk about the Spurs or ask the right questions. I don't see what the big deal is unless Kori or LJ don't like doing radio then it will be a shame, and a loss to the real Spur fans of San Antonio.
If ST had a two hour radio show would you tune in?=
:wakeup

Mouse, I don't know if you realize how much work something can be when you try to professionally produce it.
Plus, when it starts becoming where you have to do something then it becomes work instead of talking about the Spurs.

Why doesn't =RTM= start a radio show about comedy or the Spurs?

Whottt.
07-21-2007, 05:09 PM
I totally agree with everything Switchman just said. Except I don't think I could tune in all week, that would just be pure torture.

Whottt.
07-21-2007, 05:22 PM
Mouse, I don't know if you realize how much work something can be when you try to professionally produce it.

what work? have you not listened to 760 AM? you have two clowns that talk shit then you run your prerecorded commercials. Who said anything about Kori producing a show?

she just has to sit down grab a mic, and talk about Spurs. Maybe your the one who has no Idea how simple it is.

Plus, when it starts becoming where you have to do something then it becomes work instead of talking about the Spurs.

Kinda like the round table? Running this site? going to all the spurs games? Running the WOAI SpursZone? having GTGs? are you saying Kori is lazy?

Where is it posted that it's not work? We all know it's called a Job. This topic is about why we have to put up with mediocre radio when we could have Kori? something tells me your going to be Bias about any subject about Kori anyway so your input is mute. But thank you for your 2 cents.

Why doesn't =RTM= start a radio show about comedy or the Spurs?

The same reason you don't post in the troll forum, He is not good enough.

Budkin
07-21-2007, 07:44 PM
A SpursTalk podcast would kick ass. I've listened to a couple that are floating around out there and they are awful. One of you bigwig posters must be up for it.

Whottt.
07-21-2007, 08:38 PM
At one time Kori would have jumped at the idea of live radio, but after living here for 5 years she understands how the back stabbing low talent sports radio stations operate and to be quit frank I don't blame her for not wanting to do a job no one appreciates.

But I can feel mouse's pain each time I tune into the ticket.

Avitus1
07-21-2007, 09:10 PM
I was going to attending broadcasting school until my finances became an issue.

Anyways I'd be willing to give the hosting a shot but as Yoda pointed out I'd have to be caught up on some of the basic questions. I'm a huge fan of basketball and the Spurs in general but stuff just confounds me sometimes.

If this thing was done right it would be fun to listen too. The Spurs of course could be the core but maybe other people who have knowledge of other things could do other segments. Rather it be on Entertainment, or Mixed Martial Arts, or anything else from the forums at Spurstalk.com as long as you kept it mixed up and fun but kept the core of the show about what people wanted to hear I could see this idea actually being something that doesn't die in a month.

Whottt.
07-21-2007, 09:36 PM
you only have 3 more posts then your talking to Satan!

Mister Sinister
07-21-2007, 10:02 PM
I was going to attending broadcasting school until my finances became an issue.

Anyways I'd be willing to give the hosting a shot but as Yoda pointed out I'd have to be caught up on some of the basic questions. I'm a huge fan of basketball and the Spurs in general but stuff just confounds me sometimes.

If this thing was done right it would be fun to listen too. The Spurs of course could be the core but maybe other people who have knowledge of other things could do other segments. Rather it be on Entertainment, or Mixed Martial Arts, or anything else from the forums at Spurstalk.com as long as you kept it mixed up and fun but kept the core of the show about what people wanted to hear I could see this idea actually being something that doesn't die in a month.
That'd be a cool idea for a podcast. My friends and I do one for a comic we have, and we have different sections for the comic, personal sh*t, group discussions, media (Games, music, et al) and such.

Howard K Stern
10-30-2007, 01:53 AM
Are the rumors true Peter Burns is starting a new local show?