PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here play EVE online?

MaNuMaNiAc
07-21-2007, 08:04 PM
Just started playing it along with my bro. Don't really know anybody inside though. If anyone is playing it would be cool to play along fellow spurstalkers.

DarkReign
07-21-2007, 09:48 PM
I know a few folks who play, but I do not myself.

I heard its quite involved.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-22-2007, 01:41 AM
yeah the economy of the game is quite intricate, and it takes quite a while to get a firm grasp of how to best maximize the skill tree. Other than, the fighting is pretty straight forward. Some strategy involved, but nothing too difficult to master. Large scale battles do get very interesting though.

The thing about the game is its graphics. They are amazing! and the larger than life ships are beautifully designed. All in all a truly great online strategy/RPG game.

AnkleBreaker21
07-22-2007, 03:14 AM
no but this funny

http://www.1-click.jp/

MaNuMaNiAc
07-22-2007, 11:50 AM
well, it looks like no one here plays the game

Marklar MM
07-22-2007, 12:29 PM
well, it looks like no one here plays the game

Sorry. I don't play games that I have to pay a monthly subscription for.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-22-2007, 12:30 PM
Just so people can see what I'm talking about, here's a gameplay video you might like. This is INGAME ACTION, not a preview video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLgl2PHin6Y

EDIT: To be fair, you won't get into battles like this until you are way into the game, as in a year or 2 year's time, but DAMN! its one hell of a thing to look forward to, ain't it?

MaNuMaNiAc
07-22-2007, 12:34 PM
Sorry. I don't play games that I have to pay a monthly subscription for.its not that hard to play it free. For example, I have a friend that payed the first month fee, which is like 15 bucks (not expensive at all) and then got to a point where he can make hundreds of millions of ISK (ISK being the ingame currency). Once you're at that point, you can buy playing time with your ingame money, and effectively play for "free". I say "free", because its still a decent amount of playing time to get enough ISK to buy a timecard.

Last I heard, time cards were going for 100 million ISK, this is for a 30 day time card. My friend can make 100 million in about 5 days, which then leaves 25 days for him to play unimpeded.

Marklar MM
07-22-2007, 12:49 PM
its not that hard to play it free. For example, I have a friend that payed the first month fee, which is like 15 bucks (not expensive at all) and then got to a point where he can make hundreds of millions of ISK (ISK being the ingame currency). Once you're at that point, you can buy playing time with your ingame money, and effectively play for "free". I say "free", because its still a decent amount of playing time to get enough ISK to buy a timecard.

Last I heard, time cards were going for 100 million ISK, this is for a 30 day time card. My friend can make 100 million in about 5 days, which then leaves 25 days for him to play unimpeded.

So u can use in game currency to pay your monthly subscription fee? that is tight.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-22-2007, 01:00 PM
So u can use in game currency to pay your monthly subscription fee? that is tight.correct, but again, it'll take at least a month or two for you to be able to make that kind of ISK. Keep in mind its no fun just playing to pay the monthly subscription fee :lol So you'd have to be playing for at least 3 months to get to a point where you can earn that kind of money decently and still have time to play the game the way you want to.

Marklar MM
07-22-2007, 01:01 PM
I might have to try it out then. :)

MaNuMaNiAc
07-22-2007, 01:05 PM
I might have to try it out then. :)there's a 14 day trial you can take to get aquainted with the game. I suggest you try it, and get a feel for it. Still, the trial doesn't do the game justice. I mean, there is only so much you can do in two weeks, and in this game, it isn't nearly enough to scratch the surface.

Marklar MM
07-22-2007, 01:11 PM
there's a 14 day trial you can take to get aquainted with the game. I suggest you try it, and get a feel for it. Still, the trial doesn't do the game justice. I mean, there is only so much you can do in two weeks, and in this game, it isn't nearly enough to scratch the surface.

Ill give that a try.

TxJudsonRocketTx
07-22-2007, 03:13 PM
I just downloaded the game while I was sleeping and Im about to try it out now, ill let ya know if it makes me cum in my shorts like the first time I played Counterstrike