PDA

View Full Version : Kids' Grief Counselors Wait By Phones in Case Harry Potter Dies

The Red Hood
07-21-2007, 10:00 PM
:lol

Kids' Grief Counselors Wait By Phones in Case Harry Potter Dies

By Mark Herlihy

July 20 (Bloomberg) -- A U.K. children's charity has brought in extra staff to man its phone lines in expectation of a deluge of calls from distraught youngsters if Harry Potter dies.

``Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows,'' the seventh and final book in J.K. Rowling's series of adventures about the boy wizard and his friends at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, goes on sale tomorrow.

``For many children, Harry Potter and his friends have become a major part of their childhood,'' said Kate Trench, a spokeswoman for ChildLine, based in London, which provides telephone support services for children. ``Excitement could give way to sadness for those caught up in the huge build-up to the seventh and final book.''

Speculation about the book's ending has been rife after Rowling admitted two characters perish, with many predicting that Harry himself will die. The New York Times, which said it bought a copy of the book this week in New York, described the ending as ``a big screen, bone-chilling confrontation,'' providing ``an epilogue that clearly lays out people's fates.''

The charity deals with reactions to the fate of fictional and real people alike, according to Trench. ``When boy band Take That split up, hundreds of distraught children contacted ChildLine,'' Trench said in a statement today. ``Last year we spoke to more than 6,000 children about bereavement, and many more may call this year in relation to death of characters in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.''

William Hill Plc, a London-based bookmaker, closed bets on Harry sacrificing himself at 2/5 odds on July 17, cut from an original quote of 33/1 in early July. Lord Voldemort, who killed Potter's parents, is at 9/4 to kill Harry, and Professor Severus Snape is at 4/1 to murder him. The bookmaker took more than 50,000 pounds ($100,000) in bets on Harry's fate, the first time the company had ever taken bets on the outcome of a book.

William Hill has also taken wagers from fans who are convinced Professor Dumbledore will be alive and well in the final book. Dumbledore, the headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for most of the series, was killed by Snape in ``Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.''

To contact the reporter on this story: Mark Herlihy in London at [email protected] .
Last Updated: July 20, 2007 07:06 EDT

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601102&sid=aZdQF4phf_Uk&refer=uk

Well fuck now I have heard everything geez if you get depressed about Harry Potter dying then you have some other problems that you should work out with a counselor can you imagine someone killing themselves over Harry Potters death

Zombie
07-21-2007, 10:05 PM
It's a BOOK!!!!! Man the UK is worst than we are about babying kids.

E20
07-21-2007, 10:17 PM
SPOILER:

He doesn't die. I read the last page at work and he is still alive.

The Red Hood
07-21-2007, 10:22 PM
SPOILER:

He doesn't die. I read the last page at work and he is still alive.

Spoiler

Yeah I heard that two he dies by getting his ass kicked by the bad guy but gets resurrected

E20
07-21-2007, 10:24 PM
Spoiler

Yeah I heard that two he dies by getting his ass kicked by the bad guy but gets resurrected
OTHER SPOILER

Yeah I heard that Ron and Hermione get married have two kids.
Harry and Ginny get married and have a kid
Draco has a kid named Scorpius (WTF? What a gay name....)
And the last pages are set in the future and those kids are going to Hogwarts

They should've never killed the bird or the old man. They were my favorite characters.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-21-2007, 10:36 PM
My lord, what does it say about what our societies are doing to kids when they potentially can't handle the death of a FICTIONAL CHARACTER???

Doesn't anyone else see something very wrong here?

E20
07-21-2007, 10:42 PM
I just read the summary on Wikipedia..............
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter_and_the_Deathly_Hallows

SPOILER
Voldemort does himself in........:lmao

John Patrick
07-21-2007, 11:05 PM
I just read the summary on Wikipedia..............
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter_and_the_Deathly_Hallows

SPOILER
Voldemort does himself in........:lmao

pussy

NorCal510
07-21-2007, 11:12 PM
if you know anything, anything, anything about harry potter, you suck.

E20
07-21-2007, 11:16 PM
Wouldn't you suck then too, because you know his name?

nsrammstein
07-22-2007, 12:50 AM

LOL PWND

The Red Hood
07-22-2007, 04:34 AM

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :owned

NorCal510
07-22-2007, 10:47 AM
...if you know any character other than harry potter you dumb cunts.

The Red Hood
07-22-2007, 10:56 AM
...if you know any character other than harry potter you dumb cunts.

Ah but that is not what you said so again I say..........:owned

spursfan09
07-22-2007, 11:38 PM
spoiler:

never read any book about Harry Potter and never saw any movie about Harry potter.
but if he does die at the end I would love to get into this.

MrChug
07-23-2007, 09:31 AM
Gawd...the ongoing growing and disgusting pussification of these kids nowadays!

I'll let George Carlin speak on this:

http://www.kipaddotta.com/images/george-carlin.jpg

"...everytime one of these kids goes apeshit and kills three or 4 of his classmates the schools are over run with therapists and grief counselors and psychyatrists it's DISGUSTING! When I was in school and 4 kids got blown away we went right on with our arithmatic!! '12 students...minus 4...'"