PDA

View Full Version : Michael Pietrus spotted in San Antonio?

TradeManu4Kobe
07-21-2007, 11:51 PM
http://forums.sohh.com/showthread.php?t=879359

take that for what its worth. :drunk

BigBeezie
07-21-2007, 11:56 PM
I don't think he's coming to SA. Just my opinion...

ducks
07-21-2007, 11:58 PM
I think he is heat bound

spurscenter
07-22-2007, 01:43 AM
visting parker?

phyzik
07-22-2007, 01:50 AM
Taking pictures with the trophies?

RC's Boss
07-22-2007, 02:38 AM
Wonder if he brought that cali smoke with him.

spurscenter
07-22-2007, 03:11 AM
Pietrus is a VERY funny dude

timvp
07-22-2007, 04:06 AM
I'm not even sure I want Pietrus at any price. He has like Francisco Elson level basketball IQ. Very good athlete but I'm not sure he has enough upstairs to fit the system the Spurs play.

Bruno
07-22-2007, 05:19 AM
Interesting.
Pietrus could be an ok signing is Spurs don't overpay for him by giving him a big contract and/or by giving a lot of things in a S&T.

timvp
07-22-2007, 05:33 AM
Interesting.
Pietrus could be an ok signing is Spurs don't overpay for him by giving him a big contract and/or by giving a lot of things in a S&T.What do you think a good contract for Pietrus is?

Seriously, I'd probably balk at anything over three-year, $15M. He could be good or he could be a bust in the Spurs system. But I don't really see the Spurs getting him when he's getting at least $30-35M when it's all said and done.

At $30-35M, I don't think I could back the acquisition.

Bruno
07-22-2007, 05:57 AM
^ Agree with you.

IMO, a fair contract for him would be $12M/3 years with a player option on the third year.
He hasn't shown enough in the league to get a big contract and the player option could allow him to get a big contract in 2 years if he plays well.

I don't think too Spurs should give up a first round pick for him in a S&T.

Twisted_Dawg
07-22-2007, 07:55 AM
Maybe he was shopping with Beno at the Adult Megaplex?

Hemotivo
07-22-2007, 02:12 PM
Maybe he was shopping with Beno at the Adult Megaplex?
:dizzy :lol

JPB
07-22-2007, 02:21 PM
^ Agree with you.

IMO, a fair contract for him would be $12M/3 years with a player option on the third year.
He hasn't shown enough in the league to get a big contract and the player option could allow him to get a big contract in 2 years if he plays well.

I don't think too Spurs should give up a first round pick for him in a S&T.

Fair or not, he can get more than 12/3. You have to overpay free agents if you want to sign them.
Anyway, from the numbers which are mentionned here and there, he could get much more than 4M a year.

Reckless28
07-22-2007, 02:34 PM
what about a s/t for brent barry?

Bruno
07-22-2007, 03:13 PM
Fair or not, he can get more than 12/3. You have to overpay free agents if you want to sign them.

Disagree.
A smart front office don't overpay free agents.
If a free agent asks for too much money, you find another solution.

If Pietrus ask 20/4, Spurs shouldn't sign him and either give their chance to White/Williams or sign Udoka who will be way cheaper then that.

Anyway, from the numbers which are mentionned here and there, he could get much more than 4M a year.

We will see.
I can see some teams ready to overpay for Pietrus because he is young and athletic but he still hasn't signed a contract and the restricted free agency mechanism make it harder to get a big contract.
I wouldn't be surprised if Pietrus plays for the qualifying offer next year.

JPB
07-22-2007, 04:05 PM
[QUOTE=Bruno]Disagree.
A smart front office don't overpay free agents.
If a free agent asks for too much money, you find another solution.

If Pietrus ask 20/4, Spurs shouldn't sign him and either give their chance to White/Williams or sign Udoka who will be way cheaper then that.

I agree with you that a smart FO shouldn't overpay but teams in need or that really want a player usually do overpay. (we agree that Spurs don't)

That the law of the offer and the demand and of the market and players or players agents know that. If you look at recent years, you have many examples of overpaid free agents, restricted or not (specially big men).