PDA

View Full Version : Scola sacrificed for Tiago?

lotr1trekkie
07-22-2007, 09:38 AM
RC Buford's comment Saturday, that since Scola isn't with Tau anymore the inside offense would run through Tiago, was interesting. Maybe that became the plan after Splitter fell to us ,unexpectedly, on draft nite. Why leave Scola with Tau for another year as the dominant inside player. Get rid of him now and Tiago moves up and accelerates his development. Unfortunately, no NBA team would part with a #1 for "one of the best big men in Europe". So we basically unload Scola to help develop a player who already wants 25 as his Spurs number. If both were available 2008 we'd still go with a the younger [7' ] Splitter again leaving Scola out in the cold.

TDMVPDPOY
07-22-2007, 09:54 AM
good for him

but out of all the numbers, why 25?? looks ugly on a jersey...steve kerr.... same with 52 greg oden :(:(

SsKSpurs21
07-22-2007, 02:34 PM
good for him

but out of all the numbers, why 25?? looks ugly on a jersey...steve kerr.... same with 52 greg oden :(:(

oden is a big DRob fan...now with zach randolph and his #50 gone, i wonder if Oden will think about taking #50?

Fast Dunk
07-22-2007, 02:43 PM
RC Buford's comment Saturday, that since Scola isn't with Tau anymore the inside offense would run through Tiago, was interesting. Maybe that became the plan after Splitter fell to us ,unexpectedly, on draft nite. Why leave Scola with Tau for another year as the dominant inside player. Get rid of him now and Tiago moves up and accelerates his development. Unfortunately, no NBA team would part with a #1 for "one of the best big men in Europe". So we basically unload Scola to help develop a player who already wants 25 as his Spurs number. If both were available 2008 we'd still go with a the younger [7' ] Splitter again leaving Scola out in the cold.

SCOLA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SPLITTER

Nice try!

Covering up for your GM ineptud is priceless!

FromWayDowntown
07-22-2007, 03:07 PM
Covering up for your GM ineptud is priceless!

Almost as priceless as watching you struggle to spell the word "ineptitude."

Mix in a dictionary.

I should also offer the obligatory reminder that the Spurs' "inept" management team is now wearing four championship rings for its work in the last 9 years.

Bruno
07-22-2007, 03:18 PM
Scola has been traded because he was ready to sign an extension in Europe and Spurs didn't want him. You are reaching a lot by saying it was to help Splitter.

It's not sure that Splitter will be Tau main low post scoring option next year. It will depend on who Tau sign this summer.

One thing I like about Splitter is that he wasn't the first low post option in Tau.
He has played for years in Europe as the big next to Scola, the transition will be easier to be the big next to Duncan in nba.

Samr
07-22-2007, 03:48 PM
While I don't think this was the intent in unloading Scola (he would never be in a Spurs uni so they got what they could and got out), I think it is a nice side-effect. I am sure all possible benefits and negatives were weighed before the Scola trade and Splitter getting more touches was a nice positive. That being said, if anyone thinks this move is to help Splitter's "development," well, one year is certainly not enough to achieve anything significant, and if the Spurs were worried about his development they wouldn't have drafted him 1st round.