PDA

View Full Version : Real Men of Genius

Holmes_Fans
07-22-2007, 07:00 PM
Today we salute you, Mr. 12-7 aggie fan....

"Mr. 12-7 aggie fan"

Most college football team take overwhelming pride in winning National Championships, Conference Championships, and Bowl Games. You? You've got 12-7...

"It's a 5 point win"

Armed with your first win over Texas in 7 years, you can't stop talking about how the tide is turning....

"One in a row"

Most people wait for more than one win in this millennium before proclaiming complete dominance, but not you. You are convinced by one ugly win, you can never again lose to your daddy....

"The nut squeezing makes me dizzy"

So crack open an ice cold can of koolaid, oh sultan of suckage. Because your recruiting classes continue to circle the drain, and you've got Fran for at least 2 more years....

"Mr. 12-7 aggie faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan"

leemajors
07-22-2007, 07:12 PM
:td

SrA Husker
07-22-2007, 07:38 PM
I have to admit, this made me laugh :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
07-22-2007, 09:44 PM
LOL

:tu

Doug Collins
07-23-2007, 08:25 AM
If this was 8 months ago that might've been relevent...

Holmes_Fans
07-23-2007, 11:19 AM
Actually not, a&m fans are still obsessed with the fact they beat Texas. I actually saw a 12-7 tshirt last week.

Ballcox
07-23-2007, 11:43 AM
^Man, I won't even begin to go into the classic UT vs. a&m debate. I do give them credit for winning a tough road game against us last year. BUT, they need to quit focusing/obsessing on UT, there are other teams out there they play that need just as much, if not more attention.

Tech, ou?

degenerate_gambler
07-23-2007, 12:53 PM
Actually not, a&m fans are still obsessed with the fact they beat Texas. I actually saw a 12-7 tshirt last week.

A co-worker of mine's inspection sticker on his truck expired last November. He waited until Dec. so he could have 12-07 on his windshield for a year.

Most aggys aren't that bad...

Willinsa
07-23-2007, 01:19 PM
Did you write that? Someone told me it was on texags earlier today.

Doug Collins
07-23-2007, 01:39 PM
A co-worker of mine's inspection sticker on his truck expired last November. He waited until Dec. so he could have 12-07 on his windshield for a year.

Most aggys aren't that bad...

That's so unbelievably homosexual. Even as an aggie, I feel the need to find that car and take a baseball bat to the windshield.

Holmes_Fans
07-23-2007, 02:22 PM
Did you write that? Someone told me it was on texags earlier today.
It originated on orangebloods.com

Willinsa
07-23-2007, 03:52 PM
I have been on there and did not see it, I showed it to my aggy co-worker and he said it was on texags. That is too funny.

Holmes_Fans
07-23-2007, 04:31 PM
http://texas.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1970&tid=97397108&mid=97397108&sid=902&style=2

StylisticS
07-23-2007, 04:43 PM
Yeah, I seen this on Orangebloods a couple days ago. It already made it to classics lol.

johngateswhiteley
07-23-2007, 06:50 PM
weak.

gtownspur
07-23-2007, 07:58 PM

"Mr. 12-7 aggie fan"

Most college football team take overwhelming pride in winning National Championships, Conference Championships, and Bowl Games. You? You've got 12-7...

"It's a 5 point win"

Armed with your first win over Texas in 7 years, you can't stop talking about how the tide is turning....

"One in a row"

Most people wait for more than one win in this millennium before proclaiming complete dominance, but not you. You are convinced by one ugly win, you can never again lose to your daddy....

So crack open an ice cold can of koolaid, oh sultan of suckage. Because your recruiting classes continue to circle the drain, and you've got Fran for at least 2 more years....

I like this one better..

"Real Men of Genius"

"Mr. Dallas area bandwagon Horns Fan"

Most college football fans drown in their cheap beer after their team bit the dust, but not you. You've got the Stars, and Mavericks, and Female Butch Roller Derby to cheer for!

"Female Butch Roller Derbyyy!!"

With the memories of the 2005 Rosebowl still fresh on your mind, nothing beats like reliving those moments like playing NCAA 08 on Junior Varsity and installing a WR as your quaterback for those 200-14 lopsided victories. And nothing says real man like scoring 200 pts on easy in a video game.

"Mr 200 pts per game armchair Head Coach!"

Nevermind that you have no affiliation to Austin Texas, Willie Nelson, and that secluded entity known as The University of Texas, You represent the longhorns in your Burnt orange knockoff gear like Shirley Temple reprsents the UFC.

"Shirley Temple plays Defensive back, Jack!"

Yes Shirley Temple does play defensive back, jack, just like Wearing priced down burnt orange gear after a winning season is the mark of a true fan.

"Bought it on Clearance!"

So crack open an ice cold bottle of pumpkin ale, because what better to make turn your true blue Mav blood, UT orange with micro brewed hippie beer to satisfy your high urban metro lifestyle. We salute you "sultan of Sports Knowledge".

Cant_Be_Faded
07-23-2007, 11:33 PM
G

culo!

Holmes_Fans
07-23-2007, 11:47 PM
weak.
Yet you know it's so true.

Holmes_Fans
07-23-2007, 11:49 PM
I like this one better..

"Real Men of Genius"

Most college football fans drown in their cheap beer after their team bit the dust, but not you. You've got the Stars, and Mavericks, and Female Butch Roller Derby to cheer for!

With the memories of the 2005 Rosebowl still fresh on your mind, nothing beats like reliving those moments like playing NCAA 08 on Junior Varsity and installing a WR as your quaterback for those 200-14 lopsided victories. And nothing says real man like scoring 200 pts on easy in a video game.

Nevermind that you have no affiliation to Austin Texas, Willie Nelson, and that secluded entity known as The University of Texas, You represent the longhorns in your Burnt orange knockoff gear like Shirley Temple reprsents the UFC.

Yes Shirley Temple does play defensive back, jack, just like Wearing priced down burnt orange gear after a winning season is the mark of a true fan.

So crack open an ice cold bottle of pumpkin ale, because what better to make turn your true blue Mav blood, UT orange with micro brewed hippie beer to satisfy your high urban metro lifestyle. We salute you "sultan of Sports Knowledge".

Yep bandwagon horns fan, yet I am still around even after the bandwagoners jumped off after this crappy season.

and I would whip anyone's ass here in ncaa 08 fyi.

RonMexico
07-24-2007, 01:09 AM

I know this might sound crazy, but you don't think that perhaps, the person bought that 12-7 shirt back in December? I know it's a stretch, but see if you can possibly wrap your head around that idea.

It's also like that time Dirk wore his 2006 Western Conference Champs hat mere days after getting tossed by Golden State in '07... man, someone should really talk to that guy since it seems like he hasn't given up the one time he beat the Spurs and Suns in the same playoffs.

I guess the Mavs "being on a mission" after 1 Finals appearence makes more sense than the Ags reveling in the fact that they sent UT to the Alamo Bowl.

StylisticS
07-24-2007, 11:06 AM
I guess the Mavs "being on a mission" after 1 Finals appearence makes more sense than the Ags reveling in the fact that they sent UT to the Alamo Bowl.
You sent us to the Alamo Bowl? No you didn't. If the bowls didn't care about how many times a team has played in their bowl, you would have been in the Alamo. We had the 2nd best record in the big 12 but we played in the Holiday and Cotton bowl so many times since the 1999 season that they wanted someone different. And it was you, and you proceeded to have the worse Holiday Bowl in quite some time.

leemajors
07-24-2007, 11:54 AM
real men of genius was one of the worst ad campaigns of all time, i don't see how this can be considered remotely amusing merely by association.

degenerate_gambler
07-24-2007, 12:22 PM
and you proceeded to have the worse Holiday Bowl in quite some time.

that's putting mildly..

Doug Collins
07-24-2007, 01:25 PM
I like that Longhorn makes light of Aggie being obsessed with them, yet constantly reciprocates those feelings by posting about said Aggies.

Doug Collins
07-24-2007, 01:25 PM
that's putting mildly..

12-7 :spin

RonMexico
07-24-2007, 01:41 PM
You sent us to the Alamo Bowl? No you didn't. If the bowls didn't care about how many times a team has played in their bowl, you would have been in the Alamo. We had the 2nd best record in the big 12 but we played in the Holiday and Cotton bowl so many times since the 1999 season that they wanted someone different. And it was you, and you proceeded to have the worse Holiday Bowl in quite some time.

Oh - that's right... it probably wasn't because you lost to K-State, either. Ironic that major bowls care so much about who they invite, yet Ohio State was in the Fiesta Bowl (a BCS bowl, in case you didn't know that) for 3 straight years. You've been to the Holiday Bowl so much? When was the last time you were there? I can't seem to remember exactly when that was because I remember K-State being in it, Tech being in it, A&M being in it... I don't recall UT being there "way too much."

Ironic that A&M is usually projected to go to the Holiday Bowl pretty much every year, but then they end up getting something like the Cotton Bowl to invite them in 2005.... but you conveniently mention that UT has been there too many times, so there's no way the 2007 Cotton would want an in-state school with tons of bandwagon fans in Dallas to pay thousands of dollars for tickets... that'd just be ludicrious.

That's pretty funny - I guess you forget the Holiday Bowl 2 years before 07 where Aaron Rodgers and Cal got thumped by Texas Tech by quite a hefty margin, but you probably thought Colt McCoy beat OSU last year too.

degenerate_gambler
07-24-2007, 02:33 PM
12-7 :spin

scoreboard....i know.

RonMexico
07-24-2007, 02:48 PM
I still love that Mavs fans are calling out Aggie fans... the irony is incredible.

degenerate_gambler
07-24-2007, 02:59 PM
I still love that Mavs fans are calling out Aggie fans... the irony is incredible.

and they say aggy has an inferiority complex..

j-6
07-24-2007, 03:18 PM
I like this one better..

"Real Men of Genius"

Nothing says Dallas like having a 2000 OU title shirt hanging next to a 2005 UT title shirt in your closet. With a Brookhaven associates degree.

RonMexico
07-24-2007, 03:23 PM
and they say aggy has an inferiority complex..

Exactly... Horn-Mav Hybrid fans circa October 2006: "We beat the Spurs in '06... refs screwed us over by giving title to D-Wade... we're on a mission to lose in first round!!"

Horn-Mav fan in July 2007: "Aggy hahahaha 12-7 haahhaha; usually people wait until they have a title or more than one victory to talk shit... ahhahaha... Mavs got 52 FTs in 2003, but D-Wade still gets more... Colt was hurt... we've lost in the Cotton Bowl so many times that they didn't want us anymore... rofl, rofl, Budweiser commercial"

Holmes_Fans
07-24-2007, 03:58 PM
You are from Phoenix, you are not allowed to talk about a sport your town and state know nothing about. Let us Texans talk about it

RonMexico
07-24-2007, 04:10 PM
You are from Phoenix, you are not allowed to talk about a sport your town and state know nothing about. Let us Texans talk about it

I also went to Texas A&M (which already makes me a more authoritative voice than you because I actually attended a Texas University instead of Tarrant County JC) and I currently live in Houston.

I probably know more about basketball, women, Arizona, dogfighting, TAMU, UT, herpes, and Texas than you ever will. I can also name all 50 states, which I find to be a difficult task among native Texans.

Doug Collins
07-24-2007, 04:19 PM

You should probably change your Gamertag. On Second thought, maybe the City of Dallas enjoys comparing chokers to Jesus.

j-6
07-24-2007, 04:24 PM
I also went to Texas A&M (which already makes me a more authoritative voice than you because I actually attended a Texas University instead of Tarrant County JC) and I currently live in Houston.

I probably know more about basketball, women, Arizona, dogfighting, TAMU, UT, herpes, and Texas than you ever will. I can also name all 50 states, which I find to be a difficult task among native Texans.

Add in a little knowledge of football, strip clubs, and alcohol consumption and I'll mail you an official Longhorn bandwagon membership card with that kind of resume.

And by the way, there's only 49 states. That Indian reservation / hog farm north of us doesn't count.

Holmes_Fans
07-24-2007, 04:28 PM

Sorry, going to a&m just makes you a nut grabber who likes to jizz in a jar and throw poop at people. A&M is the king of bandwagon fans, the "best" fanbase in the country can't even sell out a rivalry game.

I don't even live in Dallas buddy just fyi. But you made the right decision coming to a state that actually has a clue about football and getting out of the shit hole that is arizona

RonMexico
07-24-2007, 04:32 PM
Add in a little knowledge of football, strip clubs, and alcohol consumption and I'll mail you an official Longhorn bandwagon membership card with that kind of resume.

And by the way, there's only 49 states. That Indian reservation / hog farm north of us doesn't count.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Rhett Bomar's trail of tears...

RonMexico
07-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Sorry, going to a&m just makes you a nut grabber who likes to jizz in a jar and throw poop at people. A&M is the king of bandwagon fans, the "best" fanbase in the country can't even sell out a rivalry game.

I don't even live in Dallas buddy just fyi. But you made the right decision coming to a state that actually has a clue about football and getting out of the shit hole that is arizona

King of bandwagon fans... that's pretty much the most false statement I've ever heard... when A&M leads the nation in merchandise sales, call me up and we'll talk bandwagon.

StylisticS
07-25-2007, 09:08 AM
Oh - that's right... it probably wasn't because you lost to K-State, either. Ironic that major bowls care so much about who they invite, yet Ohio State was in the Fiesta Bowl (a BCS bowl, in case you didn't know that) for 3 straight years. You've been to the Holiday Bowl so much? When was the last time you were there? I can't seem to remember exactly when that was because I remember K-State being in it, Tech being in it, A&M being in it... I don't recall UT being there "way too much."

In case I didn't know that? Try again. I know alot about College Football because it's my favorite sport or league to follow. Love it more than the NFL, NBA, or any other league in the US. It seems you need to direct those little worthless irrelevant sarcastic remarks to yourself seeing as what you said in your post that I will address later.

Texas has been to the Holiday Bowl as many times you been to bowl games this century. We was in the Holiday Bowl at the end of thee 2003 season going into 2004 when we lost to Washington State. Before that, we played in the Holiday Bowl in the 2001 and 2002 season going 1-2 in those three games. You don't remember Texas being the butt of jokes of going to San Diego every year? The fact of the matter is, Texas had the 2nd best record in the league. By rule (don't know if it's an actual rule, though), we should have been the team representing the Big 12 in the Holiday or Cotton Bowl and you should have been in the Alamo since you had the 4th best record in the Big 12. Take it up with the big 12 and the bowl representatives. But the Bowl representatives also have a say-so at times as well.

Ironic that A&M is usually projected to go to the Holiday Bowl pretty much every year, but then they end up getting something like the Cotton Bowl to invite them in 2005.... but you conveniently mention that UT has been there too many times, so there's no way the 2007 Cotton would want an in-state school with tons of bandwagon fans in Dallas to pay thousands of dollars for tickets... that'd just be ludicrious.

I've never seen A&M projected to go to the Holiday bowl in any year except but 2004. But fuck projections, I'm talking about playing the season towards the bowl season. With the unfortunate 5 game losing streak to OU, we were destined to play the Holiday's and Cotton bowls. No OU, Texas would be going to the BCS bowl just about EVERY YEAR.

And why would that be ludicrous? We've down it for how many decades now? The winner of the SWC played in what bowl game at the end of the season. It was one of the most prestigous bowl games in the bowl season. Why WOULDN'T the cotton take in in-state team. The Rose Bowl has no problem taking in a California team. The Orange Bowl has no problem taking in a Florida team.

That's pretty funny - I guess you forget the Holiday Bowl 2 years before 07 where Aaron Rodgers and Cal got thumped by Texas Tech by quite a hefty margin, but you probably thought Colt McCoy beat OSU last year too.
I seem to remember Colt beating OSU. The Final Score was 36-10. Oh and Cal lost to Texas Tech 45-31. That's only a two touchdown loss in a high scoring game. YOU lost 45-10. You got fucked up and down the field. The Holiday Bowl the last 10 years has been a game filled with high drama right to the wire. Yet you broke that rule with the ineptitude of Aggie Football.

samikeyp
07-25-2007, 09:26 AM
I am not sure what is more pathetic...

The Aggie fan who is still living off the win or the Longhorn fan who is still bitter.

A new season is about to start...let it go.

RonMexico
07-25-2007, 11:40 AM
In case I didn't know that? Try again. I know alot about College Football because it's my favorite sport or league to follow. Love it more than the NFL, NBA, or any other league in the US. It seems you need to direct those little worthless irrelevant sarcastic remarks to yourself seeing as what you said in your post that I will address later.

Texas has been to the Holiday Bowl as many times you been to bowl games this century. We was in the Holiday Bowl at the end of thee 2003 season going into 2004 when we lost to Washington State. Before that, we played in the Holiday Bowl in the 2001 and 2002 season going 1-2 in those three games. You don't remember Texas being the butt of jokes of going to San Diego every year? The fact of the matter is, Texas had the 2nd best record in the league. By rule (don't know if it's an actual rule, though), we should have been the team representing the Big 12 in the Holiday or Cotton Bowl and you should have been in the Alamo since you had the 4th best record in the Big 12. Take it up with the big 12 and the bowl representatives. But the Bowl representatives also have a say-so at times as well.

I've never seen A&M projected to go to the Holiday bowl in any year except but 2004. But fuck projections, I'm talking about playing the season towards the bowl season. With the unfortunate 5 game losing streak to OU, we were destined to play the Holiday's and Cotton bowls. No OU, Texas would be going to the BCS bowl just about EVERY YEAR.

And why would that be ludicrous? We've down it for how many decades now? The winner of the SWC played in what bowl game at the end of the season. It was one of the most prestigous bowl games in the bowl season. Why WOULDN'T the cotton take in in-state team. The Rose Bowl has no problem taking in a California team. The Orange Bowl has no problem taking in a Florida team.

I seem to remember Colt beating OSU. The Final Score was 36-10. Oh and Cal lost to Texas Tech 45-31. That's only a two touchdown loss in a high scoring game. YOU lost 45-10. You got fucked up and down the field. The Holiday Bowl the last 10 years has been a game filled with high drama right to the wire. Yet you broke that rule with the ineptitude of Aggie Football.

Wow, you are an idiot... my "ludicrous" statement was pure sarcasm... how did that not register with you? You said that Texas "had been to the Cotton Bowl too many times, so they didn't get selected in 2007" and I was making fun of you because that's the dumbest statement I've ever heard... pretty easy to follow my mocking there. What a fucking retard.

Secondly, Colt lost to Ohio State last year (so I guess I should have put tOSU) to make it easier for you... nobody but CaptMike actually cares about Oklahoma State.

Ballcox
07-25-2007, 11:53 AM
:lol I love it! aggie and Horns fans going at it with each other, all we need now is jgw's dumb ass to show up with his idiotic takes and we're ready to begin the college football season!

Holmes_Fans
07-25-2007, 11:57 AM

I remember hearing the reasoning. Holiday bowl officials didn't think Texas fans would travel out the California for a pointless bowl game, so they went with a team who hadn't made a bowl game in a long time.

Spurminator
07-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Micro-brewed hippie beer?

Doug Collins
07-25-2007, 02:06 PM
:lol I love it! aggie and Horns fans going at it with each other, all we need now is jgw's dumb ass to show up with his idiotic takes and we're ready to begin the college football season!

JGW + Capt. Mike would make this thread official :elephant

Leetonidas
07-25-2007, 02:12 PM

"Mr. 12-7 aggie fan"

"It's a 5 point win"

"One in a row"

:lmao

That was great, I could actually imagine the announcers saying that shit in my head. :lmao

MajorMike
07-25-2007, 02:39 PM
Can they work in the cheap shot by Kellen Heard to that?

knicksr1
07-25-2007, 02:46 PM
Lol

RonMexico
07-25-2007, 03:42 PM
Can they work in the cheap shot by Kellen Heard to that?

I guess as soon as they work in JamesOn Curry's draft position and Mario Boggan's numerous cheap shots.

RonMexico
07-25-2007, 03:43 PM
I remember hearing the reasoning. Holiday bowl officials didn't think Texas fans would travel out the California for a pointless bowl game, so they went with a team who hadn't made a bowl game in a long time.

Except the fact that team had been in a bowl game 2 seasons earlier (the Horn-snubbing Cotton Bowl).

StylisticS
07-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Wow, you are an idiot... my "ludicrous" statement was pure sarcasm... how did that not register with you? You said that Texas "had been to the Cotton Bowl too many times, so they didn't get selected in 2007" and I was making fun of you because that's the dumbest statement I've ever heard... pretty easy to follow my mocking there. What a fucking retard.

Secondly, Colt lost to Ohio State last year (so I guess I should have put tOSU) to make it easier for you... nobody but CaptMike actually cares about Oklahoma State.

First of all. I'm not with the bullshit "idiot" and "retard" 2 year old namecalling and shit like that. If you're going to throw that ignorance out or show your actual maturity, I'll let you talk to yourself and end the conversation or debate right there. Because I don't respond to children. Unless you're a Redskin fan. :lol Than it's ON.

Second. I said that Texas had been to the Holiday AND the Cotton bowl too many times this decade. Since the 1998 season (I'll take it a damn year back), this is how the Longhorns Bowl season went. Cotton, Cotton, Holiday, Holiday, Cotton, Holiday, Rose, Rose, Alamo. If we had lost that Oklahoma State game or the Kansas game in 2004, we probably would had made reservations again in San Diego or Dallas.

I know you meant tOSU, just was giving you a hard time on that one.

Willinsa
07-25-2007, 09:36 PM
Lets look at the records, is aggy so stupid to see the truth. By the way how did the Aggys do in the Holiday bowl.