PDA

View Full Version : Can the Suns save basketball?

da_suns_fan__
07-23-2007, 12:30 PM
TV ratings are at an all time low. Referee scandals challenging the integrity of the sport. A paper champion nobody cares about.

Can the Suns bring basketball back from the dead?

Discuss.

Switchman
07-23-2007, 12:31 PM
No.

They can't even save themselves.

Mister Sinister
07-23-2007, 12:32 PM
Sweet fucking Christ on a pogo stick, this shit's getting ridiculous....

Oh, Gee!!
If anyone is gonna save basketball, it'll be BENO!!!!!!!

George Gervin's Afro
TV ratings are at an all time low. Referee scandals challenging the integrity of the sport. A paper champion nobody cares about.

Discuss.

no. the first thing they need to do from the owner on down to the towel boy is to STOP COMPLAINING AND MAN UP!

da_suns_fan__
07-23-2007, 12:33 PM
How metaphoric would it be for the PHOENIX Suns to bring the NBA up from the ashes?

Go Suns!

freedom&justice
07-23-2007, 12:39 PM
No. Basketball isn't dead, first of all, and it'll take a hell of a lot more than a fun-to-watch team that really hasn't done anything yet to resurrect it even if it was.

Leetonidas
07-23-2007, 12:40 PM
Steve Nash's MVP trophies hurt the integrity of the game.

Johnny RIngo
07-23-2007, 12:47 PM
The S0ns would set a bad example for all the kids out there:

1. No Defense

Self-explanatory. The S0ns name has become synonymous with the words "NO DEFENSE"

2. Flopping...lots of flopping

2 is actually a direct result of 1. Since the S0ns can't play defense they flop in order win back possession. Steve Trash is a great example of this. Unlike JKidd(who's an excellent defender) Nash can't play adequate D so he flops on the defensive end.

3. Dirty Elbows and Clotheslines

Raja Bell would make a great WWE heel with all those dirty tricks of his.

4. Softness.

The S0ns are softer than tissue paper. The Nuggets are like a rich man's Phoenix S0ns. They play a fast running style yet actually play defense and have some legit post defenders.

da_suns_fan__
07-23-2007, 12:53 PM
The S0ns would set a bad example for all the kids out there:

1. No Defense

Self-explanatory. The S0ns name has become synonymous with the words "NO DEFENSE"

2. Flopping...lots of flopping

2 is actually a direct result of 1. Since the S0ns can't play defense they flop in order win back possession. Steve Trash is a great example of this. Unlike JKidd(who's an excellent defender) Nash can't play adequate D so he flops on the defensive end.

3. Dirty Elbows and Clotheslines

Raja Bell would make a great WWE heel with all those dirty tricks of his.

4. Softness.

The S0ns are softer than tissue paper. The Nuggets are like a rich man's Phoenix S0ns. They play a fast running style yet actually play defense and have some legit post defenders.

Yet everyone loves them so much!

:clap

Maybe the Suns winning it all is the only thing that can save the league from the three headed monster of Stern, the Spurs and the refereeing fiasco.

For the league's sake, I hope the Suns can do it.

Johnny RIngo
07-23-2007, 12:54 PM

Yup. Steve Trash devalued the MVP award and tarnished the legacy of all the great MVPs of the past. Nash will forever stink of taint. The only way for him to redeem himself would be to give those MVPs back to their rightful owners(Shaq and Kobe)

kyleo
07-23-2007, 12:56 PM
I'm amazed - your team can't get past the Western Conference Finals, but you think they can be the saviors of the NBA? Only the NBA can save itself from further irrelevance. No one team can do it.

Leetonidas
07-23-2007, 12:57 PM

Maybe the Suns winning it all is the only thing that can save the league from the three headed monster of Stern, the Spurs and the refereeing fiasco.

Wow, you really are an idiot. Are you mentally challenged? I'm starting to think maybe you should be in a padded room rather than surfing the web.

Findog
07-23-2007, 12:58 PM
Can a man without ribs suck his own dick?

Discuss.

Johnny RIngo
07-23-2007, 12:58 PM

The S0ns can't even beat the Jazz and you're talking about them saving the league. LOL

Medvedenko
07-23-2007, 12:59 PM
Kobe's...the only one and the only truth. He'll save US basketball, then the NBA.

da_suns_fan__
07-23-2007, 01:01 PM
Look at what Stern, the Spurs and the refs have done! Our league is shambles!

The Suns are our savior.

Go Suns!

Phenomanul
07-23-2007, 01:03 PM
Funny how Suns fan can twist reality into believing that Stern would conspire against having them in the Finals....

If anything, Stern would burst with glee if the Suns made it that far.... His precious Finals ratings would be higher..... Unfortunately, the Suns just aren't good enough to make it that far and thus keep choking year after year....

That Suns fans spin it the other way is truly laughable.... :lol

Hemotivo
07-23-2007, 01:03 PM
Re: Can the Suns save basketball?
How?

Oh, Gee!!
07-23-2007, 01:04 PM

The Suns are our savior.

Go Suns!

all praise to the leader

phoenix: the new jonestown

Findog
07-23-2007, 01:04 PM
Will Julie escape from the clutches of a 44-yr-old drifter?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/192/443521254_447f2dca69_o.jpg

Discuss.

ThomasGranger
07-23-2007, 01:05 PM
Can the Suns fans ever stop being total sniveling pussies?

Hemotivo
07-23-2007, 01:10 PM
Will Julie escape from the clutches of a 44-yr-old drifter?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/192/443521254_447f2dca69_o.jpg

Discuss.
WORST ALBUM COVERS EVER? :lol

cornbread
07-23-2007, 01:10 PM
If the league went to an "American Idol" format where the country dialed in to vote for the NBA champion then the Suns might have a chance to get past the WCF. But even if that were so, they would still probably lose to the Lakers. Those poor Suns just can't catch a break which means the league is done for.

nkdlunch
07-23-2007, 01:27 PM
save the NBA? black jesus can't even stay put on the damn bench

word
07-23-2007, 01:49 PM

Discuss.

The great thing about this is, next season you'll get your shot. No more, no less.

Good luck on saving the world !!

Pssst...I suggest putting the crying towel away. It won't help you. Last season proved it. Try something new. Like playing defense.

SpurYank
07-23-2007, 02:17 PM
The Suns are our savior.
Go Suns!

They've done so such thing! The only thing hurting the NBA is the constant wailing of Suns fans. You've got to get over it.

Get some help.

BacktoBasics
07-23-2007, 02:28 PM
TV ratings are at an all time low. Referee scandals challenging the integrity of the sport and I'm getting tired of the taste of Nash's balls.

Can sucking the Suns cocks off do anything for my rep?

Discuss.Fixed.

td4mvp21
07-23-2007, 02:31 PM
After they ruined it with constant bitching and being pussies about physical play? Nope.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-23-2007, 02:40 PM
If anything I think the question is. "Why have the Suns done this to the league?" Through a series of disastrous moves they have hurt the league in a variety of ways. Who is to say how bad of a precedent the Shawn Marion contract set for the league? You have a guy who is basically a great athlete with good BB skills making MVP caliber money. How many bad contracts were inflated by that bar being set? Those bad contracts hurt the whole league. Players become seen as overpaid chokers, and fewer teams have cap space to create competitive teams. A lack of parity is never good, and bad contracts make parity harder to achieve.

And what about the Suns failure to get Steve Nash to the Finals? You know the league wants him there. They want a camera friendly, clean cut choir boy they can parade around for middle America to get behind. But instead of putting together a team and coaching staff that could win the big games they have settled for year after year of post season failure. Steve Nash hoisting a finals MVP to go with his other trophies would be great for the league. But the Suns can't get it done.

And let's not forget yet another black eye bestowed upon the league's image by Amare and Boris' deplorable actions. Just as the league was clearing the shadows of the Palace brawl they violate one of the most rigidly enforced rules in all of sports. Then, rather than using their media time to exalt the rightful winners and venerate the league's eventual champions, they slung the mud, and tainted the rest of the postseason. By the end of that series the entire world was against the Spurs. Turning the public against the team that would be shown the most was not good for the league.

So in answer to your question, no, the Suns can't save the league. In fact, I question whether they will ever be able to properly undo all the damage they've done. Come to think of it, maybe the league should contract their team before they dig the hole any deeper.

da_suns_fan__
07-23-2007, 03:00 PM
If anything I think the question is. "Why have the Suns done this to the league?" Through a series of disastrous moves they have hurt the league in a variety of ways. Who is to say how bad of a precedent the Shawn Marion contract set for the league? You have a guy who is basically a great athlete with good BB skills making MVP caliber money. How many bad contracts were inflated by that bar being set? Those bad contracts hurt the whole league. Players become seen as overpaid chokers, and fewer teams have cap space to create competitive teams. A lack of parity is never good, and bad contracts make parity harder to achieve.

And what about the Suns failure to get Steve Nash to the Finals? You know the league wants him there. They want a camera friendly, clean cut choir boy they can parade around for middle America to get behind. But instead of putting together a team and coaching staff that could win the big games they have settled for year after year of post season failure. Steve Nash hoisting a finals MVP to go with his other trophies would be great for the league. But the Suns can't get it done.

And let's not forget yet another black eye bestowed upon the league's image by Amare and Boris' deplorable actions. Just as the league was clearing the shadows of the Palace brawl they violate one of the most rigidly enforced rules in all of sports. Then, rather than using their media time to exalt the rightful winners and venerate the league's eventual champions, they slung the mud, and tainted the rest of the postseason. By the end of that series the entire world was against the Spurs. Turning the public against the team that would be shown the most was not good for the league.

So in answer to your question, no, the Suns can't save the league. In fact, I question whether they will ever be able to properly undo all the damage they've done. Come to think of it, maybe the league should contract their team before they dig the hole any deeper.

What a waste of time reading that post was.
The public wasn't against the Spurs. The public doesn't know who the Spurs are (see ratings). The public was against Stern.

cornbread
07-23-2007, 03:02 PM
After they ruined it with constant bitching and being pussies about physical play? Nope.
Remember how much MJ complained about the Jordan Rules? "The Pistons are too physical with me! They're so dirty!" The Suns are just trying to emulate the actions of past champions.

da_suns_fan__
07-23-2007, 03:05 PM
Remember how much MJ complained about the Jordan Rules? "The Pistons are too physical with me! They're so dirty!" The Suns are just trying to emulate the actions of past champions.

I bet the league wish they had Jordan to get them out of this mess...

They do have the Suns though, which is the best anyone can ask for right about now.

Its up to the Suns to pull the league out of this boring/tarnished mess.

cornbread
07-23-2007, 03:06 PM
I bet the league wish they had Jordan to get them out of this mess...

They do have the Suns though, which is the best anyone can ask for right about now.

Its up to the Suns to pull the league out of this boring/tarnished mess.
Then there's no hope. Does Phoenix have a WNBA team?

da_suns_fan__
07-23-2007, 03:12 PM

Have faith friend. I believe we'll never have to watch another NBA finals where Eva Longoria gets more screen time than the actual game.

Remember the good ol days with Magic, Larry, Jordan, Barkely, Robinson etc?

Its up to the Suns to restore the greatness this league once had. They've already made huge gains. Look how many teams have publicly stated that are going to copy the Suns style.

monosylab1k
07-23-2007, 03:17 PM
Look how many teams have publicly stated that are going to copy the Suns style.
like who?

da_suns_fan__
07-23-2007, 03:19 PM
like who?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/marty_burns/02/01/suns.style/index.html

Findog
07-23-2007, 03:20 PM
Relax Suns fan. Calm down, take a Xanax, and soothe yourself with a stroll down memory lane. Relive the good ol' days of '76 and '93. At the rate of a Finals appearance every seventeen years, you only have 3 short years to wait until the next one. This one is on me:

http://flickr.com/photos/fashionable_male/sets/72157600421859999/detail/

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1018/838852308_de189e8e3a_o.jpg

cornbread
07-23-2007, 03:29 PM
I believe we'll never have to watch another NBA finals where Eva Longoria gets more screen time than the actual game.

Its up to the Suns to restore the greatness this league once had. They've already made huge gains. Look how many teams have publicly stated that are going to copy the Suns style.
They've been saying that for years (minus the Eva Longoria part) but somehow those old bastards keep winning championships.

For years I've been buying into the Suns hype. They're so fast AND they have neat passes AND cool dunks. That's championship stuff, or at least I thought. But my faith has been exhausted and the Kool-Aid has run dry. Now I feel like a fool who bought a used car from some bozo in a polyester suit, only to have the car breakdown on the way home from the lot. Buyer's remorse, as marketers would say, is a real bitch. You can only be burned so many times.

Good news about all those teams modeling themselves after the Suns though. I don't believe I've ever heard of another team modeling themselves after the Spurs. I wish it would happen. It would be a nice feather in their cap.

yourcheatinheart
07-23-2007, 03:32 PM
Relax Suns fan. Calm down, take a Xanax, and soothe yourself with a stroll down memory lane. Relive the good ol' days of '76 and '93. At the rate of a Finals appearance every seventeen years, you only have 3 short years to wait until the next one. This one is on me:

http://flickr.com/photos/fashionable_male/sets/72157600421859999/detail/

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1018/838852308_de189e8e3a_o.jpg

oh you mean this series where we played the greatest of all fucking time.

Cleveland Steamer
07-23-2007, 03:34 PM
oh you mean this series where we played the greatest of all fucking time.
pwnage

da_suns_fan__
07-23-2007, 03:34 PM
They've been saying that for years (minus the Eva Longoria part) but somehow those old bastards keep winning championships.

For years I've been buying into the Suns hype. They're so fast AND they have neat passes AND cool dunks. That's championship stuff, or at least I thought. But my faith has been exhausted and the Kool-Aid has run dry. Now I feel like a fool who bought a used car from some bozo in a polyester suit, only to have the car breakdown on the way home from the lot. Buyer's remorse, as marketers would say, is a real bitch. You can only be burned so many times.

Good news about all those teams modeling themselves after the Suns though. I don't believe I've ever heard of another team modeling themselves after the Spurs. I wish it would happen. It would be a nice feather in their cap.

That would be like a politician modeling himself after Bush.

In fact, I bet most teams would want to stray as far from the Spurs image as possible.

A team so boring they don't even sell out playoff games when they're competing for a championship? Thats a franchise NIGHTMARE!

samikeyp
07-23-2007, 03:36 PM
A team so boring they don't even sell out playoff games when they're competing for a championship? Thats a franchise NIGHTMARE!

I would agree if it was a continuous thing. Plus, the biggest factor behind that was the fact that some Spurs fans are "used" to winning titles.

I have no problem with the way the Suns play basketball. Its entertaining. However the problems the NBA has go way beyond the style of play on the court.

yourcheatinheart
07-23-2007, 03:37 PM
pwnage

cleveland??? you better be talking about the tribe, cause your basketball team sucks. win a game in the finals then we'll talk...

shelshor
07-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Yes, but the Mercury make the same mistakes the SOns do: run & gun, lots of points and totally disdain defense

Cleveland Steamer
07-23-2007, 03:42 PM
cleveland??? you better be talking about the tribe, cause your basketball team sucks. win a game in the finals then we'll talk...
Whoa man. Chill out. Why are you being so defensive? I thought Phoenix fans hated defense. :lmao

da_suns_fan__
07-23-2007, 03:46 PM
I would agree if it was a continuous thing. Plus, the biggest factor behind that was the fact that some Spurs fans are "used" to winning titles.

I have no problem with the way the Suns play basketball. Its entertaining. However the problems the NBA has go way beyond the style of play on the court.

I know for a fact that there was no chance of getting Bulls tickets during their heyday no matter how many titles they won.

No...I think people in San Antonio don't watch the Spurs for the same reason the rest of the country doesn't watch the Spurs.

Can the Suns give the good people in San Antonio something to watch and appreciate?

Avitus1
07-23-2007, 03:46 PM
That sounds as likely as the Sonics winning it all for the next 3 years in a row.

UV Ray
07-23-2007, 03:47 PM
The name's Francis Sawyer, but everybody calls me Psycho. Anybody calls me Francis and I'll kill'em

Ok, lighten up Francis.

cornbread
07-23-2007, 03:53 PM
That would be like a politician modeling himself after Bush.

In fact, I bet most teams would want to stray as far from the Spurs image as possible.

Why would they model themselves after Bush when they could model themselves after Kerry?

A lot of the bandwaggoners here in SA don't even consider it the playoffs until the Finals start. Spoiled fans.

I passed on going to any Suns vs Spurs playoff games in '05 because I knew it would be a better investment to spend my money on a Finals game. I still have the stub from that game.

cherylsteele
07-23-2007, 03:53 PM
Gee.....Seattle, and Cleveland come to mind right away......Cleveland has already made it to the finals. Phoenix won't because of one simple flaw....no defense....at least Cleveland plays decent "D".

samikeyp
07-23-2007, 03:55 PM
No...I think people in San Antonio don't watch the Spurs for the same reason the rest of the country doesn't watch the Spurs.

You can think that but you would be incorrect. People outside SA do watch the Spurs just not as much as they would an LA or NY. A lot of fans are spoiled by the success. I remember days when the Spurs were nowhere near a title and the arena was filled. Also, there is not a whole lot of disposable income in SA so when people do spend their money...it won't be for the Clippers in January.

mavs>spurs2
07-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Lmao UVray still doesn't understand that he's on all-ignore...

da_suns_fan__
07-23-2007, 03:57 PM
If someone knows where Stern's office is, will you go make sure he doesn't have a pistol to his temple?

The Suns will take care of it, David. Just don't give out unwarranted suspensions and everything will be ok.

samikeyp
07-23-2007, 03:59 PM
Im curious.

Why do Suns fans think the rules don't apply to their team?

Oh, Gee!!
07-23-2007, 03:59 PM
If someone knows where Stern's office is, will you go make sure he doesn't have a pistol to his temple?

The Suns will take care of it, David. Just don't give out unwarranted suspensions and everything will be ok.

bitter much?

da_suns_fan__
07-23-2007, 04:01 PM
I wonder what Stern looked like watching the finals from his TV set at home.

I imagine he was downing a bottle of Pepto straight up with every cut of Eva making his stomach drop.

"How can I sell THIS?!!!"

Willinsa
07-23-2007, 04:06 PM
With Grant Hill you guys are a shoo in for the championship, yeah right. You guys will never win anything as long as Tim is in the league.

Since remember you guys are Duncan's personal bitch.

Oh, Gee!!
07-23-2007, 04:06 PM
I wonder what Stern looked like watching the finals from his TV set at home.

I imagine he was downing a bottle of Pepto straight up. With every cut of Eva making his stomach drop.

"How can I sell THIS?!!!"

you are appearing to me to be more psychotic with every post. you need to take a break from the boards and regain some composure and balance in your life. Step away from the computer and enjoy the outside: maybe take a walk or read a good book. you have to drop this obsession with the suns-spurs series, because you're only making yourself crazy over something that cannot be changed.

da_suns_fan__
07-23-2007, 04:09 PM
Can you imagine how bad he must have been snapping at his wife during that snoozefest? His shouting match with Dan Patrick probably looked tame in comparison.

And to think that it was all his own fault.

Johnny RIngo
07-23-2007, 04:17 PM
The Spurs should have been playing the Lakers in the Conference Semis. Donaghy fixed the S0ns-Lakers series and gave Phoenix an unfair advantage(not surprising considering Mike D'Antoni and Colangelo have ties with the Italian mob)

Hemotivo
07-23-2007, 04:39 PM
Im curious.

http://mikegotgame.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/bowen1110.jpg

jacobdrj
07-23-2007, 06:57 PM
I think that teams avoid building their team like the Spurs for the same reason they don't build like the Lakers: There is only 1 Tim Duncan, and there is only 1 Shaq.

You have to find a way to A) Sell Tickets and B) find another way to win.

dbreiden83080
07-23-2007, 08:05 PM

Discuss.

A paper champion. 4 titles in 9 years is not a paper champion it is a bordeline dynasty you TROLL.

Booharv
07-23-2007, 08:07 PM
Save basketball? This isn't hockey we're talking about. The NBA isn't going anywhere.

Amarelooms
07-23-2007, 08:23 PM
Only Mark Cuban can save basketball.........

E20
07-23-2007, 08:43 PM
Can the Suns save basketball?
http://theboxset.com/images/reviewcaptures/974capture_friday04.jpg
Hellllllll Naw.

lefty
07-23-2007, 09:00 PM
The great thing about this is, next season you'll get your shot. No more, no less.

Good luck on saving the world !!

Pssst...I suggest putting the crying towel away. It won't help you. Last season proved it. Try something new. Like playing defense.

They did ; remember ? Thomas and Bell " stopped " Timmy and Manu
:lo :lmao l :lol

J.T.
07-23-2007, 09:23 PM
It's not so much that people love the Suns than they do games with combined scores of 230 or more, because when another team plays the Suns it's usually a high scoring affair and that means more points and better stats for their fantasy team.

Most fans really don't give a shit about team success anymore, instead they just want their fantasy roster to collectively kick ass every night. That's how I am about the rest of the NBA, except when guys on my fantasy team are playing the Spurs I look the other way because I know its going to be a bad night for them.

It's probably more like that in the NFL than NBA, but this is the age of SportsCenter, not team basketball. Highlights = win.

Gino20
07-23-2007, 10:38 PM
Maybe if they were not crybabies, or were actually better then the Mavs and Spurs...these are all long shots though. Oh well, you guys still have the Sixth Man Award to be happy about lol1

yourcheatinheart
07-24-2007, 04:32 AM
Im curious.

i was thinking the same thing about spurs fans??? hypocrites...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHyuPorlLiQ

yourcheatinheart
07-24-2007, 04:33 AM
bitter much?

like angostura :toast

yourcheatinheart
07-24-2007, 04:33 AM
With Grant Hill you guys are a shoo in for the championship, yeah right. You guys will never win anything as long as Tim is in the league.

Since remember you guys are Duncan's personal bitch.

grow 'em pretty clever in texas???

yourcheatinheart
07-24-2007, 04:35 AM
The Spurs should have been playing the Lakers in the Conference Semis. Donaghy fixed the S0ns-Lakers series and gave Phoenix an unfair advantage(not surprising considering Mike D'Antoni and Colangelo have ties with the Italian mob)

your mom should've been fixed or better yet, she should've swallowed you like the rest of your brothers and sisters... :toast

yourcheatinheart
07-24-2007, 04:36 AM
http://theboxset.com/images/reviewcaptures/974capture_friday04.jpg
Hellllllll Naw.

to quote that scene its "DAAAaaamm!!!!", stupid fucking prick...

yourcheatinheart
07-24-2007, 04:37 AM
A paper champion. 4 titles in 9 years is not a paper champion it is a bordeline dynasty you TROLL.

thin line between fries and shakes...

sabar
07-24-2007, 04:39 AM
I don't care what anyone says, the suns fans here are without a doubt 5000 times worse than the mav fans were a year ago. I think theres only 2 suns fans on this board that can even type coherent sentences. I've never seen fans obsess this long over a loss, spurs fans got over the mavs winning better than this.

The desert heat must be getting to them out in that wasteland.

Switchman
07-24-2007, 04:52 AM
I've never seen fans obsess this long over a loss

Haha exactly. This shit is going to be so funny when we knock them out again next year.

Sense
07-24-2007, 05:03 AM
Just ignore the crying Suns fans... by far the worst fans in the league, or the most dedicated ones at that.... they're still crying....

Just let em be..... talkin shit about a team that basically has raped them for the past years is pretty much all they got to do.... unlike us, they're not bored thinking of how we could repeat next year...

Let em cry... they're still the Spurs bitches.

Findog
07-24-2007, 07:11 AM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1158/737569843_841bfb7000.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1140/620319709_8a0e634dd2_o.jpg

http://www.cocaine-addiction.info/img/cocaine28.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1146/832469755_88edcf3c07.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1091/832469765_3666dba828.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1189/597323444_588c656650_o.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/230/510420160_d50af5cb24_o.jpg

http://www.mugshots.net/jason_kidd/jason_kidd.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1317/589290695_4af4e41620_o.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1325/862344179_4069d5a4e1_o.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1419/595568660_aa67748443.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/226/513461394_0ef40b4fc3_o.jpg

http://www.lazydork.com/movies/goodfellas.jpg

samikeyp
07-24-2007, 08:16 AM
i was thinking the same thing about spurs fans??? hypocrites...

There was no altercation between players. Therefore suspension would not be warranted. If I was the ref, however, I would have tech'd them both.

So no, I don't believe Spurs players are above the rules.

You, however, ducked the question.

jmard5
07-24-2007, 12:48 PM
Look how many teams have publicly stated that are going to copy the Suns style.

Teams like the Cavs, Sonics, Mavs?

Common denominator: Spurs personnel that knows defense.

The only "Spur" the Suns got from San Antonio was Sean Marks who tutored Amare/Kurt on how to defend Duncan last season's series. :lol

BacktoBasics
07-24-2007, 12:52 PM
4 pages for this cockwhore bitchfest. Don't you have your own board to cry on with other much more annoying crybabies like yourself?

Extra Stout
07-24-2007, 01:11 PM
Teams like the Cavs, Sonics, Mavs?

Common denominator: Spurs personnel that knows defense. The only "Spur" the Suns got from San Antonio is the Australian who is tutoring Amare/Kurt on how to defend Duncan. :lol
They already got rid of Kurt.

jmard5
07-24-2007, 01:21 PM
They already got rid of Kurt.

My bad. Fixed it.

I was referring to the Spurs-Suns series wherein Sean Marks was saying something to Thomas or amare during the huddle.

Soul_Patch
07-24-2007, 02:11 PM
lol...i didnt even read this thread, have no intention of doing so....i just think DA_Suns_fan is one of the most pathetic sports fans in the history of all sports.

congrats, you win at sucking.

judaspriestess
07-24-2007, 03:05 PM

Discuss.

narcistic much?

Condemned 2 HelLA
07-24-2007, 03:06 PM
Let it go, dumb_suns_fan.
Just let it go.

sa_kid20
07-24-2007, 03:27 PM
This shit is getting old

Dirk Nowitzki
07-24-2007, 04:41 PM

:madrun :madrun :madrun OMG @ that sig! :oops

da_suns_fan__
07-24-2007, 07:25 PM
lol...i didnt even read this thread, have no intention of doing so....i just think DA_Suns_fan is one of the most pathetic sports fans in the history of all sports.

congrats, you win at sucking.

Yet everyone responds to my posts!

I guess Im like the Suns. Everyone here seems to hate them yet can't stop posting about them (i.e. Johnny Ringo). :lol

da_suns_fan__
07-24-2007, 07:28 PM
Im surprised no one wants to put in their two cents about how the Suns can save basketball....

This is our league's darkest hour.

Of course, with so many teams ditching the boring, slow paced, Spurs/like snoozefest and going back to the way the game was meant to be played, maybe the Suns already have saved basketball.

Thoughts?

justanotherspursfan
07-24-2007, 08:19 PM
Yet everyone responds to my posts!

I guess Im like the Suns. Everyone here seems to hate them yet can't stop posting about them (i.e. Johnny Ringo). :lol
Still too chickenshit to show your face in this thread?

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74583

Dirk41MVP
07-24-2007, 09:09 PM
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH the loser solars can't even get to the NBA finals, much less win them... Your team sucks ass and will continue to do so until they rebound and play defense, which everybody knows they don't DESPITE their continuous efforts to point out that their defense is much improved... NOT

Basketball is not dead either by the way...