PDA

View Full Version : Stern Calls For Tuesday Press Conference

ducks
07-23-2007, 07:41 PM
Stern Calls For Tuesday Press Conference
July 23, 2007 - 6:52 pm
RealGM Staff Report -
David Stern will hold a press conference on Tuesday at 11:00 AM EST from New York City.

Stern will discuss the situation involving former NBA referee Tim Donaghy and the role he allegedly played in betting on league games.

CubanMustGo
07-23-2007, 08:13 PM
At the press conference, Stern is expected to tell Suns fans to "just shut the fuck up already. You're doing more damage to the league than any ten refs fixing games could."

inconvertible
07-23-2007, 08:48 PM
stern is going to try an delegitimize anything this cat has to say.......because he has a lot to say.

ducks
07-24-2007, 10:48 AM
about to start

ducks
07-24-2007, 10:48 AM
http://www.ticket760.com/main.html

Sec24Row7
07-24-2007, 11:03 AM
Is there any real doubt that he is the best commisioner of any of the 3 major US proffesional sports after watching this?

Can you imagine Bud Selig holding court in this press conference?

leemajors
07-24-2007, 11:11 AM
Is there any real doubt that he is the best commisioner of any of the 3 major US proffesional sports after watching this?

Tony Kornheiser says he's always the smartest man in the room.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-24-2007, 11:20 AM

Yes. (http://www.aaanimations.com/wav/porkypigswav.wav)

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-24-2007, 11:21 AM
I missed some of the presser, did somebody ask Stern why refs aren't allowed to gamble, but players are?

Testing
07-24-2007, 11:23 AM
I missed some of the presser, did somebody ask Stern why refs aren't allowed to gamble, but players are?

thats a great question to ask...I never thought about it.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-24-2007, 11:26 AM
thats a great question to ask...I never thought about it.

It would have been a perfect follow-up to the question about how the refs were able to go to the track in the off-season - especially once the answer of "it was negotiated by the union."

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-24-2007, 11:31 AM
I don't know if there's an official Stern Presser official thread, but can I just ask this one question:

Where has Sage Steele been all my life?

LakerLanny
07-24-2007, 12:23 PM
Blah, blah, blah.

Isolate, spin, limit collateral damage......does this AssClown really think anyone is buying his BS?

So the answer to the officiating problem is to bring back Joey Friggen Crawford? LOL! Yeah, let's bring back the guy who makes Donaghy look like a Choir Boy, Crawford has fixed literally hundreds of games in the NBA, is a convicted tax cheat and is by far a bigger problem than this scrub Donaghy.

Yet, apparently under David Stern, a NBA official is like a Supreme Court judge....you get the job for life without any regard to if you are competent.

I have said it before, the only way this problem will ever be fixed is to take the officiating out of the hands of the NBA and put it in control of a neutral 3rd party company who has the task of hiring, training, assigning and reviewing all officials for all games. Prove that the assignments are random by having a randomly generated method of assigning them that is available for public view.

Stern can spew all the legal dodges, half truths and outright lies he wants....the reality is 90% of the fans who can see and think for themselves know exactly what they have seen and they know it isn't right. They may not know exactly what is wrong, but any monkey can tell that the NBA games are rigged as far as the officiating goes....they are not officiated in a neutral manner with even mediocre competence.

If Stern really cared, he would resign his position after turning the officiating issue over to a neutral 3rd party. Then every single existing official should be fired with no possibility of rehire. Start over with the best college, international and amateur officials you can get at half the pay the refs make now with no opportunity for raises.

Anyone who is in it "to make a lot of money" should be the exact kind of people you want to avoid.

The NBA is and has been fixed for many years, another BS press conference from a BS lawyer spinning nonsense isn't going to change that.

How about next time just skip the press conference Stern? No one is buying the obvious BS you are trying to foist on us.

inconvertible
07-24-2007, 12:25 PM
I, for one, would not complain one bit if the game slowed down.............as long as it was fair. might lose some casual fans. but I would love it.

inconvertible
07-24-2007, 12:27 PM
Blah, blah, blah.

Isolate, spin, limit collateral damage......does this AssClown really think anyone is buying his BS?

So the answer to the officiating problem is to bring back Joey Friggen Crawford? LOL! Yeah, let's bring back the guy who makes Donaghy look like a Choir Boy, Crawford has fixed literally hundreds of games in the NBA, is a convicted tax cheat and is by far a bigger problem than this scrub Donaghy.

Yet, apparently under David Stern, a NBA official is like a Supreme Court judge....you get the job for life without any regard to if you are competent.

I have said it before, the only way this problem will ever be fixed is to take the officiating out of the hands of the NBA and put it in control of a neutral 3rd party company who has the task of hiring, training, assigning and reviewing all officials for all games. Prove that the assignments are random by having a randomly generated method of assigning them that is available for public view.

Stern can spew all the legal dodges, half truths and outright lies he wants....the reality is 90% of the fans who can see and think for themselves know exactly what they have seen and they know it isn't right. They may not know exactly what is wrong, but any monkey can tell that the NBA games are rigged as far as the officiating goes....they are not officiated in a neutral manner with even mediocre competence.

If Stern really cared, he would resign his position after turning the officiating issue over to a neutral 3rd party. Then every single existing official should be fired with no possibility of rehire. Start over with the best college, international and amateur officials you can get at half the pay the refs make now with no opportunity for raises.
Anyone who is in it "to make a lot of money" should be the exact kind of people you want to avoid.

The NBA is and has been fixed for many years, another BS press conference from a BS lawyer spinning nonsense isn't going to change that.

How about next time just skip the press conference Stern? No one is buying the obvious BS you are trying to foist on us.

concur.

ShoogarBear
07-24-2007, 01:15 PM
Crap, sorry I missed this thread, but notes from the presser are transcribed here:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74635

ShoogarBear
07-24-2007, 01:16 PM
How is paying the refs LESS going to improve the quality or make them less likely to be influenced by money issues?

Phenomanul
07-24-2007, 02:01 PM

I thought they were not allowed to gamble on NBA games period.

judaspriestess
07-24-2007, 02:12 PM
No sport will EVER be bulletproof from this type of activity. It can be curtailed and scrutinized for a while, once the dust settles someone somewhere will start up again.

Mr. Body
07-24-2007, 02:18 PM
How is paying the refs LESS going to improve the quality or make them less likely to be influenced by money issues?

This is the same freakish logic conservatives trot out in defense of underfunding teacher salaries.

ducks
07-24-2007, 02:28 PM
great recap in nba forum