PDA

View Full Version : Good Movie Summer??

Xolotl
07-24-2007, 12:31 AM
I was just at the movies seeing another one with my girl (she wanted to see Hairspray). It wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be but it got me thinking that this is the best summer that I can remember for movies. It's just a random thought would like to hear some opinions on that

E20
07-24-2007, 01:12 AM
I give it a D+. When the Dark Knight releases it will rise up to a C+.

In fact, I just watched Batman starring Burton and Nicholson on AMC. The movie sucked and didn't personify anything that is 'Batman' on the screen and Burton's role as Batman did not work, it's was like watching someone training a Rabbit to have opposable thumbs -- it's not gonna work, it sucked. Oh and I loved how Bruce Wayne was actually gonna tell the girl that he is Batman.......wow. Jack Nicholson played an excellent Joker, but the actual part and lines were horrible, but he did a good job portraying him. Anybody remember the Kim Basinger character from the comics or cartoons back in the mid 90's, because I sure don't. They HAD to put in a woman as an amplifer for climatic purposes, I mean come on, every Batman movie so far has the same element: Batman needs to save the woman, yeah it's nice that he saves Gotham while doing it, but fuck Gotham who cares about that city. Whatever happend to Batman just saving Gotham or Commsioner Gordon? I hope Dark Knight doesn't rely on the love interest. Music was unorginal....it was the same music from the Cartoon. You never really got the feel for the City of Gotham, only shots you saw were cramped alley ways.

I can't believe I wrote this rant about Batman movies, wasting 3 minutes. God......I'm a fucking loser.

T Park
07-24-2007, 01:21 AM
Ocean's 13, Harry Potter, Ratatouille, and I now pronouce you Chuck & Larry are pretty darn good movies.

Last summer stunk I agree, this summer doesn't have the "must see blockbuster" but its been solid.

Next summer with Indiana Jones, Batman, and others is gonna kick tail.

Sense
07-24-2007, 05:55 AM
Transformers, Knocked Up... and couple of others including Across the Universe... yeah its been great.

Sapphire
07-24-2007, 06:30 AM

In fact, I just watched Batman starring Burton and Nicholson on AMC. The movie sucked and didn't personify anything that is 'Batman' on the screen and Burton's role as Batman did not work, it's was like watching someone training a Rabbit to have opposable thumbs -- it's not gonna work, it sucked. Oh and I loved how Bruce Wayne was actually gonna tell the girl that he is Batman.......wow. Jack Nicholson played an excellent Joker, but the actual part and lines were horrible, but he did a good job portraying him. Anybody remember the Kim Basinger character from the comics or cartoons back in the mid 90's, because I sure don't. They HAD to put in a woman as an amplifer for climatic purposes, I mean come on, every Batman movie so far has the same element: Batman needs to save the woman, yeah it's nice that he saves Gotham while doing it, but fuck Gotham who cares about that city. Whatever happend to Batman just saving Gotham or Commsioner Gordon? I hope Dark Knight doesn't rely on the love interest. Music was unorginal....it was the same music from the Cartoon. You never really got the feel for the City of Gotham, only shots you saw were cramped alley ways.

I can't believe I wrote this rant about Batman movies, wasting 3 minutes. God......I'm a fucking loser.
When you say "Burton" do you mean Keaton? Or did I miss a Batman movie somewhere? Just checking! We watched it last night, too. I don't know, I've enjoyed all the Batman movies so far except for Batman and Robin, Batman Forever being my favorite.

E20
07-24-2007, 11:33 AM
When you say "Burton" do you mean Keaton? Or did I miss a Batman movie somewhere? Just checking! We watched it last night, too. I don't know, I've enjoyed all the Batman movies so far except for Batman and Robin, Batman Forever being my favorite.
Yeah Keaton, whatever...............Batman Forever........the one with Val Kilmer/Jim Carrey/Tommy Lee Jones............that's all I have to say about that:lmao

Danny Devito playing the penguin........ that's all I have to say about that:lmao

Geroge Clooney as Bruce Wayne with mother fucking rubber nipples on the suit? Robin a hormone affected teen? Arnold was Mr.Freeze?......:lmao That is all.

Avitus1
07-24-2007, 12:39 PM
Yea the previous Batman series in retrospect was pretty horrible. You didn't even see crap from Commissioner Gordon and he was a important character in the comics. You just saw him on occasion. The last Bat movies were pretty laughable. The series really needed a relaunch, The Simpsons movie will have a teaser for the next Batman movie.

The movies of this summer were all right. Transformers by Far was probably the Best we had a bunch of movies at the beginning that didn't live up to the movies that came before them (Spider-Man/Shrek/Pirates 3).

Knocked Up made use laugh that away,Then Fantastic Four 2 reminded us that we had a lot more to come. Thankfully 1408 was a surprise hit. Die Hard was pretty cool, Potter was great, Dont know about Chuck and Larry, nor the Simpsons, I think Across the Universe will be good. So far the only movie thats want me wanting more is Transformers. I'd say that the movies this summer have been solid but its not been a great movie summer.

atxrocker
07-24-2007, 12:50 PM

so are you also dissing batman begins? if so, that's pretty lame. that movie fucking rocks. the others do suck, i agree but batman begins is easily one of the best out of all hero movies in my opinion.

Phenomanul
07-24-2007, 01:07 PM
Ocean's 13, Harry Potter, Ratatouille, and I now pronouce you Chuck & Larry are pretty darn good movies.

Last summer stunk I agree, this summer doesn't have the "must see blockbuster" but its been solid.

Next summer with Indiana Jones, Batman, and others is gonna kick tail.

Knocked up
Ocean's 13
Spiderman 3
Fantastic 4 - Rise of Silver Surfer
Harry Potter
Ratatouille
Transformers
Die Hard 4
Chuck & Larry
Hairspray

And the summer isn't even over yet....

The Simpsons Movie
The Bourne Ultimatum
Across the Universe
Underdog
Rescue Dawn
Rush Hour 3
Stardust
The Invasion
The Last Legion
War

I would consider this summer as one of the best ones over the last 5 years...

Jimcs50
07-24-2007, 01:11 PM
Started out as a poor movie year, but starting with Knocked up, the movies have been better.

We are going to see Chuck and Larry tonight, and are looking forward to it.

I too want to see Across the Universe when it comes out latter in the Summer, the previews look good.

E20
07-24-2007, 01:22 PM
so are you also dissing batman begins? if so, that's pretty lame. that movie fucking rocks. the others do suck, i agree but batman begins is easily one of the best out of all hero movies in my opinion.
No. All previous Batman movies have sucked except Begins, that's why I'm looking forward to see The Dark Knight.

cherylsteele
07-24-2007, 03:58 PM
I didn't realize that an Underdog movie was even made until about a week ago.....I used to like watching the cartoon. I just don't see a movie doing well.

What is next?
Tennessee Tuxedo?
Huckleberry Hound?
Yogi Bear?

The Simpsons movie looks better than than the series has been in recent years.

Xolotl
07-24-2007, 05:17 PM
Yeah Chuck and Larry looks pretty good I can't remember the last time I've seen a good Sandler flick.....is The Waterboy his last great one or am I missing something? I agree with Cheryl on the whole Underdog thing I had no clue it was even coming out but I think it will do decent b/c its a family friendly flick and everybody and there mother has seen Potter already lol

Lady Marmalade
07-26-2007, 10:18 AM
Yeah Chuck and Larry looks pretty good I can't remember the last time I've seen a good Sandler flick.....is The Waterboy his last great one or am I missing something? I agree with Cheryl on the whole Underdog thing I had no clue it was even coming out but I think it will do decent b/c its a family friendly flick and everybody and there mother has seen Potter already lol

I Now Pronounce you Chuck and Larry was funny. I do not know about Harry Potter I have heard mixed reviews about it.... but I did not see it yet so I do not know.