PDA

View Full Version : MIA journalist: DWade big loser in Donaghy scandal

bdubya
07-24-2007, 02:24 PM
Winderman: Will scandal doom Dwyane? (http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_basketball_heat)

"In the wake of the revelation that NBA referee Tim Donaghy is under investigation for possibly manipulating the scores of games, numerous media outlets have compiled lists of potential losers in the scandal.

Don't be surprised if Heat guard Dwyane Wade comes out as one of those who winds up paying a price.

Why? Because few players make as much of a living getting to the foul line as Wade..."

Geee....YA THINK SO? :lol

RonMexico
07-24-2007, 02:50 PM
Let's not forget about Dirk, now... a guy who never would avg. 20 per game if offensive flopping were policed

Spurminator
07-24-2007, 02:52 PM
Why? Donaghy didn't ref any of the 2006 Finals.

This is stupid.

bdubya
07-24-2007, 05:13 PM

This is stupid.

Because now every call a ref makes will carry the risk of even MORE intense scrutiny for the ref who makes it. Meanwhile, for every non-call, three guys share the blame. So the theory is that the refs will be more inclined to NOT call the ticky-tack fouls, which makes sense. And the Miami writer admits that will affect Wade's game more than most.

stretch
07-24-2007, 06:38 PM
Let's not forget about Dirk, now... a guy who never would avg. 20 per game if offensive flopping were policed
:rolleyes

EastsBeasts
07-24-2007, 06:47 PM
What this all means is that the Detroit Pistons will end up winning three straight NBA titles.

mFFL03
07-24-2007, 07:45 PM
doesn't this mean we will be policing bowen more as well?

bdubya
07-24-2007, 08:21 PM
What this all means is that the Detroit Pistons will end up winning three straight NBA titles.

We get a new coach out of this? Cool! Who?

justanotherspursfan
07-24-2007, 08:22 PM
I know! If it weren't for all the cheap trips to the foul line he gets, what would he do?

Oh wait....

ABDENOUR POWER
07-24-2007, 08:53 PM

Don't be a dumbass. :rolleyes

They'll get 5 at least. :spin

Dirk41MVP
07-24-2007, 09:02 PM

This is stupid.

nope, he didn't, but his buddy Bennett Salvatore did... check these pictures out:

http://p073.ezboard.com/fdallasbasketballdotcomfrm2.showMessage?topicID=32 710.topic

How do you call a foul, from a mile away, when a dude's up in the air and nobody's touching him ?

... I don't understand

Funny thing you don't mention nash. With all his flopping he can't even average 20 a game himself... Go take a look at the NBA's top floppers/ "charge-takers" and you'll see little Stevie at the top spots...

Holmes_Fans
07-25-2007, 12:18 AM
Refs should have to little hat cams.

Flo-Rida
07-27-2007, 12:05 PM
nope, he didn't, but his buddy Bennett Salvatore did... check these pictures out:

http://p073.ezboard.com/fdallasbasketballdotcomfrm2.showMessage?topicID=32 710.topic

How do you call a foul, from a mile away, when a dude's up in the air and nobody's touching him ?

... I don't understand

Funny thing you don't mention nash. With all his flopping he can't even average 20 a game himself... Go take a look at the NBA's top floppers/ "charge-takers" and you'll see little Stevie at the top spots...
Yea an optical illusion stupid ass man yall niggas dont know shit

Findog
07-27-2007, 12:25 PM
Yea an optical illusion stupid ass man yall niggas dont know shit

The foul wasn't called on Harris, it was called on Dirk.

mardigan
07-27-2007, 12:26 PM
God I hate this shit, its so easy to lay blame elsewhere.
Next your going to hear a article say The Bobcats didnt make the playoffs because of Donaghy, give me a fucking break

DarkReign
07-27-2007, 12:46 PM
Next your going to hear a article say The Bobcats didnt make the playoffs because of Donaghy, give me a fucking break

Amen.

Your team lost a 7 game series. It sucks, but thats life. Get over it.

Trainwreck2100
07-27-2007, 01:40 PM

Actually it means the direct oppisite

kskonn
07-27-2007, 03:35 PM
Yea could see a Spurs vs Pistons rematch if they stop calling ticky tack calls. However we spurs fans can't complain much, correct me if I am wrong but I think we are consistently in the bottom of the leauge for fouls , if not the lowest.

HeatChamps
07-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Man look at all da haters. I don't blame you though. Wade makes everyone else look like they're playing in slow motion.

Brutalis
07-27-2007, 07:49 PM
Think about how it's going to be next season for a ref.

Finally.

BobcatsDynasty
07-27-2007, 09:17 PM

That's because it's true. The Bobcats got screwed over royally by fluke fixes from fluke refs in fluke games.

~~Ice Man 2000~~
07-28-2007, 02:31 AM
Wade sucks.