PDA

View Full Version : Get Malone, Move Duncan to Center, Win Now

Ghost Writer
12-09-2004, 07:31 PM
Enough already.

Rasho sucks and Rose is best suited to bring hustle and energy off the bench.

You won't harbor any ill will for Karl Malone when he brings another ring to San Antonio.

F' Miami and Minnesota.

Bring Malone here to the Spurs.

Isn't his wife from San Antonio?

timvp
12-09-2004, 07:35 PM
Please See:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7459

timvp
12-09-2004, 07:35 PM
Oh and Malone can dizzle your nizzle, wizzle.

Ghost Writer
12-09-2004, 07:43 PM
:lol

We need Malone.

Rasho was a pricey mistake. One of these years, we should draft a big man.

I support the front office in their pursuit of Malone.

Enough f'ing around and doing things the slow and patient way.

Ghost Writer
12-11-2004, 12:26 AM
Call up Karl.

He knows how to hang on to leads and will take pressure off Duncan in tight games.

Our young guns still ain't ready.

And Tim Duncan ain't getting any younger.

Isn't is nice to know we're wasting another golden opportunity with yet another 7'0 Hall of Famer?

Patience is for those who can't get it done now.

T Park
12-11-2004, 12:58 AM
He knows how to hang on to leads

Exclude the 98 NBA FInals against the Bulls while you say that.

Who should the Spurs that summer should they have signed instead of Nesterovic?

Olowakandi??

Question

timvp
12-11-2004, 01:00 AM
Yeah lets get the biggest choker in NBA history on the Spurs.

That'll learn 'em.

:shootme

T Park
12-11-2004, 01:03 AM
Who was the guy holding the ball in 98

WITH THE LEAD

and Jordan took the ball from??

Oh yeah, clutch Malone.

But keep goin Ghost, your in your usual ignorant mode tonight.

16-5 blows too right?

Mark in Austin
12-11-2004, 01:19 AM
BAMA is coming correct tonight, I see.

ALVAREZ6
12-11-2004, 09:08 AM
wow Ghost.

Are you a Spurs fan?

You have this whole idea that the Spurs suck, they obviously don't with their record. Give it sometime, wait until the playoffs, and we will see how good the competition is in the West.
Seattle- we have to see how good they will be shooting after the long season.

Suns- i don't know what to say, i haven't watched them play much.. Ithink they will be the best competition in the west for the spurs

Ghost Writer
12-13-2004, 02:20 PM
I've seen this movie before.

The Spurs will kick @ss in the regular season and lose to a team that plays good team defense on Duncan in 4th quarters.

It's simple... Parker is too inconsistent and Manu can't be counted on to score in the clutch.

Bowen is a big waste on offense.

Rasho is sh1t.

When 2/5ths of your starting players are awful and the other 2/5ths are not ready yet, it's no wonder why Duncan looks shook in those 4thquarters.

He has no one he can depend on.

He could depend on Malone.

Marcus Bryant
12-13-2004, 02:20 PM
wow Ghost.

Are you a Spurs fan?

You have this whole idea that the Spurs suck, they obviously don't with their record. Give it sometime, wait until the playoffs, and we will see how good the competition is in the West.

You must be new here.

Ghost Writer
12-13-2004, 02:23 PM
The best thing we have going for us is that Shaq is in the East and Phil Jackson is retired.

RC Buford's free agent signing as of late don't look too hot, do they?

Nikos
12-13-2004, 02:48 PM

The Spurs will kick @ss in the regular season and lose to a team that plays good team defense on Duncan in 4th quarters.

It's simple... Parker is too inconsistent and Manu can't be counted on to score in the clutch.

Rasho is sh1t.

When 2/5ths of your starting players are awful and the other 2/5ths are not ready yet, it's no wonder why Duncan looks shook in those 4thquarters.

I've seen this movie before.^^

I have seen your movie before too. Again and again. Will you ever just let it die? It's not even amusing anymore. Nor is this type of posting even remotely intelligent or productive in this type of board.

When you bitch about every single detail you lose credibility. I mean by reading your posts it's as if the Spurs have Michael Jordan and 4 bums, and all he needs is one player with some athletic semblance and ability to hit a 3 and VOILA, a championship!

Please. :rolleyes

Marcus Bryant
12-13-2004, 02:52 PM
Yes, Ghost is that dumb about the game and he's also that shrewd enough to get people to take his dumb complaints seriously.

Nikos
12-13-2004, 02:53 PM
Its not that I care about what he says, he says it all the time.

But hes not even creative or funny, or original about it anymore. He uses the same recycled lines.

Marcus Bryant
12-13-2004, 03:12 PM
Rinse.

Repeat.

If the Spurs are 10-10, go spastic. If they are 17-5, do the same. His formula is tried and true: no matter what, bitch. Bitch about the offense, bitch about the personnel, bitch about the color of the players, bitch that the Spurs didn't acquire players through trades, etc...

If the Spurs don't win a title, bitch. If the Spurs win a title, bitch.

Fuck him. He's an idiot who makes TPark's posts seem worthwhile.

bigzak25
12-13-2004, 03:21 PM
don't worry, be happy.

only real threat is detroit.

if TP can run, the title is coming home to SA.

but we need barry to hit a couple in the playoffs.

let him get the bricks out of his system NOW.

smeagol
12-13-2004, 06:54 PM
Things were going so well without you, wolves009.

Please go back to were you've been hiding all these months.

(if Laker Lanny was there with you, tell him not to show up his ugly mug around here. We are fine without him too).

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
12-13-2004, 07:10 PM
Say we play a physical team in the playoffs like seattle, and Fortson knocks down tony tim or manu flagrantly, who do we have right now, that will retaliate, and send a message, that we arent gonna get punked around????

GoSpurs21
12-13-2004, 09:36 PM
The best thing we have going for us is that Shaq is in the East and Phil Jackson is retired.

RC Buford's free agent signing as of late don't look too hot, do they?Neither do Houstons, but didnt you say Yao and TMac would kick everyones ass?

Say we play a physical team in the playoffs like seattle, and Fortson knocks down tony tim or manu flagrantly, who do we have right now, that will retaliate, and send a message, that we arent gonna get punked around????Right now that would be Tony Mass. Future...TBD

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-13-2004, 10:01 PM
Exclude the 98 NBA FInals against the Bulls while you say that.

This is such a lame argument. The same argument applies to our entire starting five and two of our first three guys off the bench (Malik and Devin), and they had it done to them by the individual in question last year.

At least Karl got pickpocketed by the greatest player in the game, what do our guys have as an excuse? Rick Fox? Slava?

Come on people, just admit you hate Malone and don't want him, don't be stupid about it.

If you can get Malone you do it. For starters, he played the best low post defense of anyone in the playoffs last year, effectively neutralizing both Tim and Garnett. Who else can you say that about?

And with Malone, you get the added benefit of the fact that if/when Fortson/Evans/Collison act up against Tim should we meet Seattle, or the traditional punk ass Garnett/Minny in the playoffs trying to be thugs shit happens, you've got a guy in Karl who make sure that nonsense stops in a hurry, and one that the refs will give much more benefit of the doubt to than TMass.

T Park
12-13-2004, 10:05 PM
as usual you ignore the fact ive been campaigning for Malone to be here since July.

Not unusual for you.

Guru of Nothing
12-13-2004, 10:06 PM
Bring Malone here to the Spurs.

Isn't his wife from San Antonio?

Ghost has POSTourette's Syndrome.

Brodels
12-13-2004, 10:06 PM

Rasho is sh1t.

Your putting your hopes on one of the oldest players in the league who is also coming off a major knee injury? A guy who isn't going to get up and down the floor quick enough to defend the Nowitski's and Marion's of the league?

Brilliant.

There are other answers. Karl isn't a solution to the Spurs' problems.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-13-2004, 10:10 PM
As usual you overreact to any comment. I just used your quote because it sums up the whole Malone hatas argument, not because I hate you.

The only thing I've seen as argument against Malone is he choked in '98. He didn't choke, he had victory taken away by the best player ever in the history of the game, a guy who won SIX rings.

Like I said, you're talking apples and oranges. Karl had it taken away by *Jordan*, who just had the will to win and dominated when it mattered.

We had it taken away last year by the likes of Slava, Mr. Vanessa Williams, Derek .4 Fisher, and that little punk ass bitch Devean "I Should Get Treated by the Refs like Kobe Goes Even Though I'm a Scrub" George.

And it happened to us more than once, yet Karl is somehow a loser for getting beat by *Michael Jordan*.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-13-2004, 10:12 PM
A guy who isn't going to get up and down the floor quick enough to defend the Nowitski's and Marion's of the league?

This isn't a valid argument, because neither of the people you mentioned would be guarded by Karl.

Malone would be used to guard the Boozers, Garnetts, Amares, Fortsons, Brands, and should we get to the end either the Wallaces, Goodens, or Shaqs of the world.

Brodels
12-13-2004, 10:16 PM
This isn't a valid argument, because neither of the people you mentioned would be guarded by Karl.

Malone would be used to guard the Boozers, Garnetts, Amares, Fortsons, Brands, and should we get to the end either the Wallaces, Goodens, or Shaqs of the world.

Well, if he ends up starting like Ghost is advocating, he would be required to spend some time guarding the other team's starting power forward.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-13-2004, 10:44 PM
Not necessarily. He'll match up with whoever we feel he can match up better with, same thing for Tim.

Tim guards Dirk at times (as does Bowen, and Devin of late) when we play for Dallas. Malone would take Rasho's current matchup of Dampier.

I don't think we'll know what we're going to do against Phoenix until we get to play them, because I don't think Rasho is a good matchup for either of Phoenix's starting big men, Tim even has problems with Amare (but I don't see him guarding matrix).

Phoenix is the kind of game I think we'll be better off going "small" and playing Tim at center, Bowen at PF, and slide Devin in to handle Johnson at the 3.

But to say we shouldn't get Karl because there's one bad matchup for him out of the entire west is pretty shortsighted IMO. May as well bench Tony because he can't handle Marbury, and Manu because he's had problems with Kobe as late. Oh, and Tim's had problems with KG, so we better bench him too.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-14-2004, 12:55 PM
Ok, I'm agreeing with Ghostwriter and Marcus on this one...

Put Karl through some workouts, get him a physical, and if he's 100% healthy, sign the boy up.

Why?

1. His potential upside is huge. Karl would still command respect from the refs. He can still hit an outside shot. If healthy he can still rebound and run the floor. He can still defend 90% of the post players in the league. He's a great passer. Karl will stretch defenses and ease things for Duncan better than Rasho. Rose can continue to be the sparkplug off the bench.

2. He won't cost the Spurs anything. As others have mentioned, he'll be earning a prorated vet minimum that likely will be supplemented by the league. I'd be more expensive to sign to a contract than Karl Malone.

3. He won't create the controversy everyone is worried about because his coach is not going to be named Jackson or Hill. Pop isn't going to let a player walk on him, no matter who it is. I have faith in the Spurs and their coach to keep Karl under control.

4. I understand there are a lot of little mexican girls in San Antonio so Karl should stay well fed.

JUUOT
12-14-2004, 01:01 PM
he will just keep is head to the game and go low profile

conversekid
12-14-2004, 01:10 PM
Who was the guy holding the ball in 98

WITH THE LEAD

and Jordan took the ball from??

Oh yeah, clutch Malone.

Jordan took the ball from him... This is Jordan we're talking about... You can't fault a guy to much for Jordan getting over on him... Jordan wins; everyone else loses.

Originally I was against this... but after he humiliated Kobe on the National Stage? GET HIM!!!!

This would make the Laker/Spur rivalry even sweeter...

boutons
12-14-2004, 01:13 PM
"He can still hit an outside shot."

Spurs FA's lose their earlier shooting proficiency as they re-learn basketball "The Pop Way" their first season, during which they shoot 15% from the floor and FT line, and get minimal minutes. Sort like a religious boot camp where <KoolAidGuru/ex-Marine-now-minister/comet-hitchhiker> destroys your personality, and then builds it back under his control. There is probably some kind of shot-o-toxin in the ink used to sign the Spurs' contracts to facilitate the initial collapse.

Malone will be ready for the 2006 NBA playoffs.

"lot of little mexican girls in San Antonio"

A lot of them were at Rolling Oaks Mall to see Tony Monday night. The "fan-zine" demographic.

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 01:16 PM
um ok.

Slomo
12-14-2004, 01:42 PM
he will just keep is head to the game and go low profile
This thread is full of assumptions, but yours is the biggest one. I do not think that Karl "I'm a warrior" Malone is capable of going low profile.

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 01:51 PM
He managed to do so last year. It wasn't him who was bitching about playing time and money.

Slomo
12-14-2004, 02:03 PM
You have a very selective memory. He might have not bitched about those two subjects but it's impossible to keep Karl away from a TV camera.

Mothers with young children are advised to get out of is path whenever a reporter switches on the camera light in a building with Malone in it.

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 02:10 PM
The cameras were going to him. Again, he wasn't causing any problems for the team in the lockerroom, in fact he was a positive and focused presence and that is what matters most. You can worry about extraneous bullshit about TV interviews or whatever.

Slomo
12-14-2004, 03:02 PM
Yes and we know that the media never go for sensationalism.

A guy that uses the word I so much in any interview is a disturbance to the team wether you agree to it or not. I mean everytime he appeared on the screen last year he I had flashbacks to the WWF.

And let me ask you this: Let's suppose his injury is worse than expected or that he's not in shape and Pop puts him on the bench, do you really expect him to keep quite when asked about it by the media? Or if he can't fit into the Spurs "D first" system who would he blame? Himself? Would he resist the temptation to critisize Pop or the team?

Marcus Bryant
12-14-2004, 03:13 PM
A guy that uses the word I so much in any interview is a disturbance to the team wether you agree to it or not

That's a bit of a stretch.

And let me ask you this: Let's suppose his injury is worse than expected or that he's not in shape and Pop puts him on the bench, do you really expect him to keep quite when asked about it by the media? Or if he can't fit into the Spurs "D first" system who would he blame? Himself? Would he resist the temptation to critisize Pop or the team?

Apparently he was able to keep his ego in check last season. I see no reason why he wouldn't be able to do so again.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-14-2004, 05:49 PM

There wouldn't be any real backlash if the Spurs got rid of Malone due to his "injuries" if he didn't fit into their system.

Heck, they did that with my boy Spider and his deteriorating hip three years ago. Chuck and his bad hip averaged 24 points a game in Europe last year.

If Malone is signed and doesn't fit the Spurs needs I'm sure they can come up with some reason to remove him from their presence. Remember, this is CIA POP we're talking about.

Why would you not want Malone for half a million bucks? My guess is that he can outdo Rasho's 7 pts and 6 boards a night if you eliminated his knee injury by cutting his legs off.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-14-2004, 07:58 PM
You have a very selective memory. He might have not bitched about those two subjects but it's impossible to keep Karl away from a TV camera.

Let's see, you have an 85 time All-Star and former MVP playing as the third head of the three headed monster that was the Lakers.

Said All-Star was always willing to talk to the press when Kobe and Shaq were having their bitch fights in the locker room, and damn it if Karl didn't usually take responsibility when LA lost.

Yeah, what a limelight hog.

Karl should just blame others and get them traded, then he'd be more like the kind of guy that Spurs fans have come to expect from watching Pop after our playoff failures.

Rummpd
12-14-2004, 09:07 PM
"the problem isn't detroit for you spursies.

minnesota is still up there. fear the wolves. KG is still the reigning MVP. " The real reality is that it was Casell who went into a zone for 20 games or so and carried your team.

Garnett is a thug who after hitting teammates one day is going to lose it. He has never carried a team to the point of TD period. TD remains head and shoulders above a very talented Garnett. TD has been about winning his whole career (highest percentage by any player in any team sport since entering league over 5 + year period - source Sam Smith, Chicago Tribune)

When and if Garnett ever takes any team to the real finals, much less wins a championship (here's betting he will not) bring a real take.

MadDoc

spurster
12-14-2004, 10:14 PM
I understand all the reasons why Malone would be good for the Spurs, but he's still EVIL, and I still don't want him here.

Slomo
12-15-2004, 11:55 AM
Let's see, you have an 85 time All-Star and former MVP playing as the third head of the three headed monster that was the Lakers.

Said All-Star was always willing to talk to the press when Kobe and Shaq were having their bitch fights in the locker room, and damn it if Karl didn't usually take responsibility when LA lost.

Yeah, what a limelight hog.

Karl should just blame others and get them traded, then he'd be more like the kind of guy that Spurs fans have come to expect from watching Pop after our playoff failures. Sorry but weren't the Lakers billed as the four headed monster?

You make it sound like he was taking one for the team. Sorry again but I distinctly remember quite a few on-court interviews where he was blowing his own horn and usually talking about how much of an average-honest-down-to-earth-hard-working-warrior-whos-only-part-of-the-team he was. I mean with all the TV coverage you have over there am I really the only one who noticed how much Karl likes to cal himself a warrior?

And I sort of agree with you Ed that the Spurs would probably do something about him if my scenario would happen, but it would happen only after a lot of bitching in the media and that would be a distraction to the team which is what I'm saying from the beginning.