PDA

View Full Version : Go Chiefs

ancestron
07-25-2007, 09:29 AM
I know the Chiefs always screw up somehow and never get past the first round if they do make the playoffs, but i grew up in KC unitl about 1995 and am a die hard fan. Its going to be weird without Trent Green, and now Larry Johnson's status appears to be in question. Any Chiefs Fans out there?Anyone have any info? Or better yet, does anyone know if Priest Holmes will return this year?

peewee's lovechild
07-25-2007, 10:50 AM
Priest Holmes is not returning this year, and probably won't ever again.

Everything revolves around LJ and his contract.
If they don't sign him to a long term contratct now, they're just fucking stupid.

ancestron
07-25-2007, 01:54 PM
true that. But the Chiefs arent really known for being the brightest organization in the biz. too bad about priest. he was the man, i figured he had at least 3 or 4 more good season left in him.

peewee's lovechild
07-25-2007, 02:05 PM
If they can get LJ to a long term contract, and if Brodie Croyle turns out to be a legit starting QB . . . you guys may have something there.

Herm Edwards is a damn good coach and he'll toughen up that defense, but the offense is looking questionable.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-25-2007, 03:09 PM
Priest Holmes is not returning this year, and probably won't ever again.

Except that he might.

http://sportsline.com/nfl/story/10268642

Report: Priest Holmes gets medical OK, reporting to camp

July 25, 2007
CBS SportsLine.com staff and wire reports

KANSAS CITY -- Priest Holmes, the running back who has missed most of the past two seasons with a spinal injury, is planning to report to Kansas City Chiefs camp, NFL.com's Adam Schefter reported.

Holmes, 33, was injured in the seventh game of the 2005 season and sat out all of 2006. From 2001 through 2003, he was one of the league's most explosive players, peaking in 2003 with 27 rushing touchdowns.

He could give the Chiefs another backfield option with a potential problem looming: Star back Larry Johnson has threatened a holdout in a contract dispute.

ancestron
07-25-2007, 04:55 PM
Is Damon Huard still with them? He was good, man. I still think the Chiefs would've had a better shot against the Colts last year with Huard instead of Green. Green hadn't been playing for practically the whole season and then Herm insists that he play for the biggest game of the year, and the offense didnt make a first down until the third quarter of the game. It was an emberassing day to be a Chiefs fan, especially after the way everyone was saying that LJ would run all over the Colts D.

TheTruth
07-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Die Hard fan doesn't know who the QB's are?

John Patrick
07-25-2007, 11:09 PM
Fuck the Chiefs...

now their weak point is looking better than their best shit...

peewee's lovechild
07-26-2007, 08:42 AM
Except that he might.

http://sportsline.com/nfl/story/10268642

That threw me off.

I was checking out ESPN this morning and apparently Priest has asked the team to reinstate him.

I guess he's going to play.

ancestron
07-26-2007, 09:14 AM
Die Hard fan doesn't know who the QB's are?

dont exactly get a lot of Chiefs updates in San Antonio. I only asked because all anyone seems to be talking about is Croyle. Go fuck yourself shithead.

OsakaSpurs
07-26-2007, 09:42 AM
Good luck to the Chiefs, awful lot of shake-ups in the off season. Bronco fan here but I got relatives who live in KC.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-26-2007, 12:31 PM
dont exactly get a lot of Chiefs updates in San Antonio. I only asked because all anyone seems to be talking about is Croyle. Go fuck yourself shithead.
You apparently have access to the internet. Go do some research you fuckhead.

greywheel
07-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Wow, with all this cursing, are we sure some Raider fan's haven't popped in here.
Anyways, here's a link for the KC Star's Chiefs page for those that don't have it.
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/

Anyone know some good Chief's forums? I lurk occasionally here:
http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forums/ (http://)

I'd be thrilled to see Priest come back. Chiefs fan and John Marshall graduate here.

Pistons < Spurs
07-26-2007, 09:11 PM
The whole Priest Holmes reinstatement isn't really surprising. There's been rumblings about it for the last 2 or 3 months. Not to mention last year too.

Personally I'm not really too excited about his return. I find it very hard to believe that after his injury and 2 year hiatus, that's he's going to be even a shadow of his former self. And our offensive line is NO WHERE NEAR AS GOOD as what he was used to. And while he may have tried to maintain his body, and keep in shape, there's no way he's maintained NFL conditioning.

I've also lost alot of love for Priest these last couple of years due to the way he's completely distanced himself from the team. It would have been nice to occasionally seen him at some of the home games supporting the team and organization.

The other factor is how this helps or hinders the whole Larry Johnson situation. LJ will not be happy to see Priest in the backfield. Granted, LJ will still be the starter...but he's going to be pissed if Priest gets the goal line attempts....as I'm assuming he will.

Best case is they use Priest in a 2 back set alongside LJ....and primarily use him as a receiving back. He did great his first couple of years with us catching the ball out of the backfield...and that's also something that LJ kinda sucks at. Priest is also a better blocker. And since I don't know how well the idea of switching Boomer Grigsby from linebacker to full back is going to work, Priest could be useful.

But really, Priest isn't going to be a big impact for us IMO.

The bigger stories are the development of Croyle and Bowe...both of whom I have high hopes for.

And obviously LJ's contract. The emergence of Preist could cause whatever ground they've been able to make so far, completely fall apart. And I'm hearing the 'rumors' of trading LJ to the Packers starting to resurface.

And for the love of God....I hope Herm has found a better way to run an offense. Because last years run,run,pass,punt on every possesion had me calling for his head by game 4 of the season.

Pistons < Spurs
08-05-2007, 03:16 PM
The Chiefs have come to terms with their first-round draft pick, leaving just three first-round selections from the 2007 draft unsigned and holding out from training camps.

Former LSU receiver Dwayne Bowe, who was the 23rd overall pick in the draft, agreed to terms with the Chiefs on Sunday, sources told ESPN.com's John Clayton. Bowe is expected in camp Monday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp07/news/story?id=2962177

mardigan
08-21-2007, 02:49 PM
Johnson guaranteed $19M in new Chiefs contract
By John Clayton
ESPN.com
Updated: August 21, 2007, 3:00 PM

Larry Johnson ended his 25-day holdout Tuesday morning by finalizing a five-year extension that will keep him with the Chiefs through 2012.

Johnson's contract is worth $45 million, with $19 million guaranteed. Of the guaranteed money, $12 million is the signing bonus and $7 million is guaranteed salary.

Both sides were working on the deal Monday night. The final holdup was the payout over the first three years of the contract. Once that was resolved, Johnson decided to report and accept the Chiefs' proposal.

Johnson reported to the practice field late Tuesday morning, put on his helmet and was ready for duty.

"It was a long, hard negotiation," general manager Carl Peterson said. "We are very happy to have all our children in camp now."

It was a tough situation for the Chiefs and Johnson. He turns 28 years old this fall. Because of that, Johnson didn't want to play out the final year of his current deal and be in a position in which the Chiefs could make him their franchise player in 2008. Had that happened, it would have been hard for Johnson to get a big-money contract, since running backs nearing the age of 30 tend to not get big deals.

For weeks, both sides had been chipping away and getting closer, but it was not close enough for Johnson to get the deal done in time to report to River Falls, Wis., where the Chiefs conducted their training camp. Camp broke last week and the team returned to Kansas City.

By reporting and getting his new contract, Johnson has two possible games to polish his timing for the start of the regular season. He had an NFL-record 416 carries last season, and even though the team is expected to lighten the load this year, Johnson is considered the workhorse of the offense.

John Clayton is a senior writer for ESPN.com. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp07/news/story?id=2984649

mikejones99
08-22-2007, 04:14 PM
Denver vs KC might be the best rivalry in the NFL