PDA

View Full Version : Maceo blow your horn

SenorSpur
07-25-2007, 10:00 PM
I seem to remember the Spurs had some interest in Maceo Baston a few years ago. For whatever reason, I always thought this guy would have been a fit for the Spurs. Reading his comments below, I now know why. Anyway, he now belongs to Toronto.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors

Baston All About Team Ball
Jul 25 - Maceo Baston didn't have much to say about the messy gambling scandal currently rocking the NBA, but had no trouble discussing why he jumped at the chance to return to the Raptors.
"Most players at the professional level are individuals but I didn't get the sense playing against them last year that they had any individuals," Baston, now officially signed to a two-year contract worth about $4 million US, said yesterday.

"That's what I'm all about, playing team ball.

"How I'm used on the court is up to the coach. If I'm needed for 20 minutes or if I'm needed for one minute, I'll be ready."

ploto
07-25-2007, 10:37 PM
The Raptors are making a nice reputation for themselves- huh?

"Most players at the professional level are individuals but I didn't get the sense playing against them last year that they had any individuals."

timvp
07-25-2007, 10:41 PM
The Raptors are making a nice reputation for themselves- huh?

"Most players at the professional level are individuals but I didn't get the sense playing against them last year that they had any individuals."Not sure if Baston qualifies as an expert, seeing as he played all of 11 minutes against Toronto last year.

boutons_
07-25-2007, 11:04 PM
"Most players at the professional level are individuals"

... and the other non-individual players are what, "dividuals" ? WTF is this guy saying?

English, motherfucker, do you speak it?

Booharv
07-25-2007, 11:12 PM
Not sure if Baston qualifies as an expert, seeing as he played all of 11 minutes against Toronto last year.

Apparently you can't comment either, since you played 0 minutes against Toronto last year.

He could have seen them play and been impressed.

timvp
07-25-2007, 11:18 PM
Apparently you can't comment either, since you played 0 minutes against Toronto last year.

He could have seen them play and been impressed.Did you read what he said?

Most players at the professional level are individuals but I didn't get the sense playing against them last year that they had any individuals.He is basing his opinion on the time he played against Toronto.

Nice attempt, though.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-25-2007, 11:27 PM
"Most players at the professional level are individuals"

... and the other non-individual players are what, "dividuals" ? WTF is this guy saying?

English, motherfucker, do you speak it?

You're the last person on this forum who should be lecturing anyone on speaking or grammar.

BeerIsGood!
07-25-2007, 11:37 PM
You're the last person on this forum who should be lecturing anyone on speaking or grammar.

I always figured that would be ducks

saporvida
07-25-2007, 11:43 PM
individuals = my take is most nba pros are looking out for themselves and not playing team ball. ie; ballhogs etc...

playing against "them" = them as in the raptors. baston gets the sense the raptors, the collective players, play team ball and not individual bball.

ploto
07-25-2007, 11:52 PM
Did you read what he said?

He is basing his opinion on the time he played against Toronto.

Nice attempt, though.
You don't have to be on the court to form an opinion about them or observe them. They met up 3 games last year- and he is also close to Anthony Parker.

boutons_
07-26-2007, 08:18 AM
Aggie's obsession with Boutons continues