PDA

View Full Version : Just STFU

Spurminator
12-09-2004, 10:57 PM
I'm launching a preemptive STFU. Before you start second guessing defenses, rotations, substitutions... whatever. What we saw in the last 45 seconds was miraculous. A couple of turnovers aside, the Spurs did everything right. They hit their free throws, they swarmed the ball on defense. You can't stop shots like those from going in.

The first three and a half quarters left much to be desired. But the last minute was divine intervention, and any doubts related to that are futile.

Props to TMac. That was unbelieveable.

It's unfortunate that we will probably see highlights of this for the next ten years.

T Park
12-09-2004, 10:58 PM
Spurm, your too late

Aggie has already fired off the "defensive geniuses" salvo.

manustarting2gd
12-09-2004, 10:59 PM
I dont think we'll see that for the next ten years.. maybe if this was a playoff game but not 20 games into the season.. TMAC pulled a Reggie Miller on us, great!

Solid D
12-09-2004, 11:02 PM
T-Mac aside, the Spurs were sloppy with the ball in the last 46 seconds and Devin...what can I say about that move to the baseline when you are supposed to protect the ball and get fouled?

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 11:06 PM
I'd have to agree Spurm. This loss is irritating but yet a fluke. Last night's is more worthy of teeth gnashing forum angst.

timvp
12-09-2004, 11:22 PM
Indeed.

This loss isn't too bad. The Spurs won it ... then TMac just stole it. That's why he's one of the best players in the game.

It's a good game to make a lesson out of if you are Popovich. From now on you can bet your azz that the team will run out of bounds plays at the end of games to perfection.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-09-2004, 11:23 PM
What's amazing to me is that Tpark can type so fast with one hand while simultaneously looking at Spurstalk and his Pop of the Month photo.

ChumpDumper
12-09-2004, 11:24 PM
We're lucky it's December.

Don't make this crap a habit.

T Park
12-09-2004, 11:26 PM
What's amazing to me is that Tpark can type so fast with one hand while simultaneously looking at Spurstalk and his Pop of the Month photo.

who is the one makin childish posts now??

Glass houses aggie, glass houses.

Chill, its just a game buddy!! :)

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-09-2004, 11:28 PM
Glass houses, it's just a game? Then why do you obsess with defending Pop like Spursgal does over Malik?

You stalk Pop more than she does Malik.

T Park
12-09-2004, 11:30 PM
Uh, ok.

Sure Aggie.

Once again, read the threads from last night and today, and Im a pop sucker??

Interesting.

I guess, "pop should wake up" is an effectionate term.

Just a game aggie, stop using derogetory language.

Chilllllll.

:)

Silver Rose
12-09-2004, 11:31 PM
No smiles tonight for the black and silver. What a tremendous disappointment! In spite of the fact that McGrady was incredible, why in the world was "cold from the bench" Barry guarding McGrady in the last seconds? Seems to me that defense (the Spurs identity) should have prevailed at that point -- especially since McGrady had made 2 or 3 "from his *** 3 pointers" in the last few minutes. Go figure.

slayermin
12-09-2004, 11:31 PM
It was one game.

I blame it on Tim because he snubbed Steve Kerr before the game. He screwed up our kharma for the rest of the night.

Spurminator
12-09-2004, 11:51 PM
why in the world was "cold from the bench" Barry guarding McGrady in the last seconds? Seems to me that defense (the Spurs identity) should have prevailed at that point -- especially since McGrady had made 2 or 3 "from his *** 3 pointers" in the last few minutes. Go figure.

Dude, it was a fast break off a turnover. It's not like they were setting up their defense. Barry was in there to shoot free throws. Why are you criticising Barry for being the one to get a hand in TMac's face?

Marcus Bryant
12-09-2004, 11:53 PM
Looks like we are going to have to regroup and launch another strike, Spurm.

Spurminator
12-09-2004, 11:56 PM
I just hope, and believe, that the Spurs coaching staff doesn't narrow their focus to what supposedly went wrong in the final minute, like most people here, instead of looking at the entire game.

The Spurs and Rockets played sloppy-ass basketball for the first 47 minutes of the game. The Spurs were the only team to sustain that sloppiness in the final minute, while the Rockets played the most perfect possible minute of basketball you can play.

Kori Ellis
12-09-2004, 11:57 PM
The Spurs and Rockets played sloppy-ass basketball for the first 47 minutes of the game. The Spurs were the only team to sustain that sloppiness in the final minute, while the Rockets played the most perfect possible minute of basketball you can play.

That's a perfect description.

Kori Ellis
12-09-2004, 11:57 PM
BTW, why did most of Duncan's shots around the rim tonight seem Rasho-esque with no oomph behind them?

T Park
12-09-2004, 11:59 PM
IMO,

this is a game tape you take and play horse shooting at the trashbin with the plastic basketball rim on it.

Move on to Clevland, then youve got 3 days to rest.

Because IMO, this team is getting gassed.

2 times 7 games in 10 days??

THats tough on ANYONE!!

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-09-2004, 11:59 PM
this is a game tape you take and play horse shooting at the trashbin with the plastic basketball rim on it.

Didn't TimVP try to re-create .4?

T Park
12-10-2004, 12:03 AM
???

did he?? lol, he might have done that over the summer, I dont know lol....

I know that alot of what ifs went through my mind over the summer.