PDA

View Full Version : Mock Draft

Vinnie_Johnson
07-26-2007, 11:13 PM
I have the third pick in the draft who should I take? LT if he is there Manning?

O-Factor
07-27-2007, 01:38 AM
LT won't be there unless you have two idiots picking ahead of you. Go with a running back, Stephen Jackson or Frank Gore should be there. Stay away from Shaun Alexander or Larry Johnson. Manning is a solid pick , but in an era where alot of teams are sharing the ball between two carriers, you might not find 2 capable backs in the second or third round. Its good to get that guy in the first round and go from there. In my league we have 2 RBs, and 3 WRs, so I draft in order RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, then QB and have been quite successful with that formula. In the last 4 years I have 3 championships and 3 second place finishes in various high competive leagues I've been in.

J.T.
07-27-2007, 09:27 AM
I saw a stat somewhere online that said most of the teams in fantasy leagues that made the championship game had Manning on the roster. If he's available I would take him, but he's always gone 1 or 2 since I've played fantasy. I'd go with LT if he's still on the board (assuming Manning goes 1 or 2, he probably will). He'll have another solid year for sure.

samikeyp
07-27-2007, 09:37 AM
I saw a stat somewhere online that said most of the teams in fantasy leagues that made the championship game had Manning on the roster. If he's available I would take him, but he's always gone 1 or 2 since I've played fantasy. I'd go with LT if he's still on the board (assuming Manning goes 1 or 2, he probably will). He'll have another solid year for sure.

That happened in one of my leagues.

It used to be a hard, fast rule that you start with an RB but if LT is gone and Peyton isn't....you gotta go with him.

mardigan
07-27-2007, 09:39 AM
LT won't be there unless you have two idiots picking ahead of you. Go with a running back, Stephen Jackson or Frank Gore should be there. Stay away from Shaun Alexander or Larry Johnson. Manning is a solid pick , but in an era where alot of teams are sharing the ball between two carriers, you might not find 2 capable backs in the second or third round. Its good to get that guy in the first round and go from there. In my league we have 2 RBs, and 3 WRs, so I draft in order RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, then QB and have been quite successful with that formula. In the last 4 years I have 3 championships and 3 second place finishes in various high competive leagues I've been in.
Personally I think Alexander is going to have a monster year

Vinnie_Johnson
07-27-2007, 10:33 AM

Thanks yes I got screwed last year I took Shaun second overall.

samikeyp
07-27-2007, 10:36 AM
Stay away from Shaun Alexander or Larry Johnson.

Especially LJ..at least right now.....he is talking holdout.

peewee's lovechild
07-27-2007, 12:02 PM
Take a running back. LT will probably be taken, but if he's not grab him. Other than that, I'd take Stephen Jackson, Muarice Jones-Drew, Frank Gore, or Willis Mcgahee.

mardigan
07-27-2007, 12:09 PM
Alexander will have a great year next year, I just have a feeling even though I cant stand the guy.

Addai will also be worth a high pick this year

As will Moroney

Im not to high on Jones-Drew, he wont be a surprise next year, and he will still split all of his carries, and he might not be doing returns next year

A guy to me that Im still not sure about is Brandon Jacobs. I am not sure how many carries Droughns will get or if Jacobs can even be a feature back.

Marion Barber is also one of those guys like Jones-Drew and Jacobs that could be boom or bust

Also, dont sleep on marshawn lynch even though he is a rookie, he will be getting all of the carries and will probably catch a lot of balls

What do you guys think about the Saints running backs, where would you take them?

I will be reaching for Travis henry or Brian Westbrook this year, I will take either pretty high if I can

Ahman green wont be a horrible backup this year either

And Brandon Jackson is my sleeper pick

Vizzini
07-27-2007, 01:39 PM
Alexander will have a great year next year, I just have a feeling even though I cant stand the guy.

As will Moroney

Im not to high on Jones-Drew, he wont be a surprise next year, and he will still split all of his carries, and he might not be doing returns next year

A guy to me that Im still not sure about is Brandon Jacobs. I am not sure how many carries Droughns will get or if Jacobs can even be a feature back.

Marion Barber is also one of those guys like Jones-Drew and Jacobs that could be boom or bust

Also, dont sleep on marshawn lynch even though he is a rookie, he will be getting all of the carries and will probably catch a lot of balls

What do you guys think about the Saints running backs, where would you take them?

I will be reaching for Travis henry or Brian Westbrook this year, I will take either pretty high if I can

No love for Adrian Peterson? I know he is a rookie and injury prone, but I thinkt the potental is there for quite a good year. He isn't first round material yet, but he is worth taking a chance on if you don't happen to get two running backs with your first two picks.

mardigan
07-27-2007, 01:41 PM
No love for Adrian Peterson? I know he is a rookie and injury prone, but I thinkt the potental is there for quite a good year. He isn't first round material yet, but he is worth taking a chance on if you don't happen to get two running backs with your first two picks.
Aww man, i love the kid, think he will be great, but fantasy wise, I dont know this year. Splitting carries with Chester Taylor really hurts him in my eyes

peewee's lovechild
07-27-2007, 04:46 PM
Aww man, i love the kid, think he will be great, but fantasy wise, I dont know this year. Splitting carries with Chester Taylor really hurts him in my eyes

I hear you, but it didn't hurt Lawrence Mulroney last year.

scott
07-27-2007, 05:28 PM
You have to take SJax or Frank the Tank here. Otherwise you deserve to lose.

TheTruth
07-27-2007, 06:29 PM
If LT isn't gone first, just quit the league. It sucks. If Peyton is taken top 3 do the same.

samikeyp
07-27-2007, 06:31 PM
If LT isn't gone first, just quit the league. It sucks. If Peyton is taken top 3 do the same.

No..stay in the league because if they are that dumb....its an easy win! :)

TheTruth
07-27-2007, 09:23 PM
^^What is the fun in that?

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-27-2007, 11:26 PM
^^What is the fun in that?

The fun comes with the skipped car payment one the season finishes.

Fillmoe
07-27-2007, 11:27 PM
frank gore......

Slinkyman
07-28-2007, 04:43 AM
pick mike vick.

samikeyp
07-28-2007, 09:22 AM
What is the fun in that?

Winning is always fun...especially when you are beating stupid people! :)

Frank Gore is a beast. In one of my leagues, the winner picked him up as his last running back....the rest is history.

O-Factor
07-30-2007, 12:48 PM
Personally I think Alexander is going to have a monster year

Im curious to know why?

O-Factor
07-30-2007, 12:57 PM

As will Moroney

I agree about Addai and Maroney. I think Maroney will have a very good year as you won't see opposing defenses play close to the line of scrimmage with Moss and Stallworth on the outside, and those TEs NE has. I wouldn't take a Saint RB in the first round for sure. Bush will get alot of his points from catching the ball out of the backfield, but he'll never be a guy you give the ball to up the middle or on the goal line. That is still McAllisters job, that and to wear the interior D down. I do like Henry in Buffallo and Westbrook will get his, but I also like McGahee. I read that Billick is tailoring his offense to fit McGahee's style of play so that is good to know. I'd also like to grab Adrian Peterson if I could as my third RB, but that proabably wont happen.

mardigan
07-30-2007, 01:03 PM
Im curious to know why?
He was hurt most of last year, missed 6 games, still had 900 yards and 7 tds. You give him those 6 games back, hes well over 1300 yards and probably another 5 or 6 tds. Hasselback missed time, and he and the recievers never seemed to get on the same page, allowing for defenses to key on Alexander.
Alexander did have a career low in ypc, but I really think a lot of that had to do with a lingering injury and the passing game sucking. I think he will want to prove he is still an elite back next year, and will show up to have a moster year, especially because I think the Hawks passing game will be much improved.

scott
07-30-2007, 11:10 PM
I agree about Addai and Maroney. I think Maroney will have a very good year as you won't see opposing defenses play close to the line of scrimmage with Moss and Stallworth on the outside, and those TEs NE has. I wouldn't take a Saint RB in the first round for sure. Bush will get alot of his points from catching the ball out of the backfield, but he'll never be a guy you give the ball to up the middle or on the goal line. That is still McAllisters job, that and to wear the interior D down. I do like Henry in Buffallo and Westbrook will get his, but I also like McGahee. I read that Billick is tailoring his offense to fit McGahee's style of play so that is good to know. I'd also like to grab Adrian Peterson if I could as my third RB, but that proabably wont happen.

Who is Henry in Buffalo?

O-Factor
07-31-2007, 12:21 AM
Who is Henry in Buffalo?

My bad, I meant Henry in Denver. Travis Henry.