PDA

View Full Version : Manu - "I'm dying to play in Olympic Games again".

Kindergarten Cop
07-27-2007, 08:37 AM
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/EdicionImpresa/deportiva/nota.asp?nota_id=929262

Phenomanul
07-27-2007, 08:43 AM
:stirpot:

Clutch20
07-27-2007, 08:54 AM
Well then he feels that playing in the NBA enables a player to extend his career as opposed to playing in the international leagues wearing you down faster, but he doesn't start hitting his exercise routine until the start of this interview, and it's only running that he says he has started doing. Hmmmm.......he can do anything he wants. I'll take a Manu semitired but sharp and accurate with reflexes over a Manu completely rested but off the mark come regular season, wouldn't you?

Switchman
07-27-2007, 09:01 AM
Well then he feels that playing in the NBA enables a player to extend his career as opposed to playing in the international leagues wearing you down faster, but he doesn't start hitting his exercise routine until the start of this interview, and it's only running that he says he has started doing. Hmmmm.......he can do anything he wants. I'll take a Manu semitired but sharp and accurate with reflexes over a Manu completely rested but off the mark come regular season, wouldn't you?

Regular Season;. He'll be ready come playoff time.

Fuck the Olympics.

conversekid
07-27-2007, 09:16 AM
olympics are stupid...

Clutch20
07-27-2007, 09:42 AM
The Olympics are very political and used to show off the host country in a positive light. If you have children, check their toothpaste label very carefully :lol

Agree, Manu sniffs the playoffs approach como un montero que tiene hambre por la caza.

bdictjames
07-27-2007, 09:54 AM
He's sick of seeing the same old faces of the NBA.

xamila rey
07-27-2007, 11:27 AM
Thank you for posting the link.

WalterBenitez
07-27-2007, 11:57 AM
He's dying for ... come on Manu, play instead of speak :wakeup

barbacoataco
07-27-2007, 12:23 PM
I think NBA fans don't realize the importance of international basketball. In Soccer the World Cup is the main event. In basketball the Olympics and World Championships are starting to have a similar impact. Americans assume that international competition is lame, but since the U.S.A. team can't ever win, international fans might disagree.

WalterBenitez
07-27-2007, 12:28 PM
I think NBA fans don't realize the importance of international basketball. In Soccer the World Cup is the main event. In basketball the Olympics and World Championships are starting to have a similar impact. Americans assume that international competition is lame, but since the U.S.A. team can't ever win, international fans might disagree.

Americans, at least my american family, trends to consider themselves as the center of the know universe, even they got surprise we an undeveloped country got a decent subway :lol

What is essentialy different is the feeling they got about Intl events, FIFA World Cup, Olympics, FIBA World Cup are major events in those sports.

Clutch20
07-27-2007, 12:47 PM
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q266/andygamezusa/YouthMovement-08.jpg

:flag: The Spurs Official International YOUTH MOVEMENT '08 begins next summer solstice!:flag:

remingtonbo2001
07-27-2007, 06:18 PM
Americans, at least my american family, trends to consider themselves as the center of the know universe, even they got surprise we an undeveloped country got a decent subway :lol

What is essentialy different is the feeling they got about Intl events, FIFA World Cup, Olympics, FIBA World Cup are major events in those sports.

It's not so much not being into International Events, Americans prefer not being pelted with a variety of OBJECTS, save the whole RUMBLE in the PALACE. We're also not real big on RIOTS, unless it's something political. Secondly, America is all about CONVINENCE. If it ain't convinent, than it happenin'. International competition in NOT CONVINENT.

diego
07-27-2007, 06:57 PM
oh yeah, there are constantly riots and projectile throwing all the time in the olympics and WC. there is no security at all!

and convenience explains why the US only wins at home, like in atlanta, and indianapolis. ok, maybe just atlanta.

carrecaminos
07-27-2007, 07:37 PM
Regular Season;. He'll be ready come playoff time.

Fuck the Olympics.

Fuck the olympics? you weren't saying that if TD would have won a gold one
:fro

carrecaminos
07-27-2007, 07:38 PM
olympics are stupid...

Yeah, they never finished HS. So stupid.

carrecaminos
07-27-2007, 07:42 PM
It's not so much not being into International Events, Americans prefer not being pelted with a variety of OBJECTS, save the whole RUMBLE in the PALACE. We're also not real big on RIOTS, unless it's something political. Secondly, America is all about CONVINENCE. If it ain't convinent, than it happenin'. International competition in NOT CONVINENT.

Yeah, you are right, US team should play only in places where everybody kisses their asses. Home court is everything Yeah!!!!!

Switchman
07-27-2007, 08:27 PM

Not at all. I love watching Team USA play international ball, and I love seeing teams like Argentina step up on the world scene.

I just hate seeing Spurs play during the off-season when they could be resting for another championship season.

Team NBA Championship > Gold medal imfo.

Switchman
07-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Fuck the olympics? you weren't saying that if TD would have won a gold one
:fro

I'd rather he rests his foot.

Sharing a gold medal with Bryant and Melo....yuck.

barbacoataco
07-27-2007, 08:33 PM
It is an issue for NBA players. Do you rest, or represent your country on the international stage?

For Spurs players it is more of an issue because they go deep into the playoffs, and their season is in effect longer. That makes the off-season rest period shorter.

v2freak
07-27-2007, 10:06 PM
I don't see how there could be any dissension about the topic in question. The thing that unifies all of the posters here (save the trolls) is that we are all Spurs fans, not Olympics fans/fans from Argentina-France-Slovenia or what have you. Playing during the off season is dangerous and just so I say it before someone else does: it's much more dangerous than the chance of getting hit by a bus perchance. One is random and one had more probable chances. We should want our team's players to rest up especially after such a playoff run. Just like another poster said: ready for playoffs > ready for regular season

ATX Spur
07-28-2007, 12:18 AM
He wants to play for his country. It's the same fire that drives him to excel on the Spurs. You can't have one without the other.

If he laces up for Argentina in 08, I'll be cheering for him just as hard.

ATX Spur
07-28-2007, 12:21 AM
I don't see how there could be any dissension about the topic in question. The thing that unifies all of the posters here (save the trolls) is that we are all Spurs fans, not Olympics fans/fans from Argentina-France-Slovenia or what have you. Playing during the off season is dangerous and just so I say it before someone else does: it's much more dangerous than the chance of getting hit by a bus perchance. One is random and one had more probable chances. We should want our team's players to rest up especially after such a playoff run. Just like another poster said: ready for playoffs > ready for regular season

Wrong, we are all basketball fans. And the Olympics is great basketball. I'm guessing you didn't watch Athens in 2004.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-28-2007, 01:05 AM
CBF has stayed silent on manu ever since he got his head out of his ass during the playoffs but I have to speak up.

Screw
That
Stuff

Manu + Olympics = Argentina Glory + Spurs Agony.

No thank you. Keep him away from the Olympics at all costs.

timvp
07-28-2007, 01:16 AM
CBF has stayed silent on manu ever since he got his head out of his ass during the playoffs but I have to speak up.

Screw
That
Stuff

No thank you. Keep him away from the Olympics at all costs.I used to want Manu to rest during the summer, but he actually plays better when he doesn't take a break in the summer. The 2004 Olympic Gold was his springboard to one of the best playoff runs I've ever seen during the 2005 playoffs.

E20
07-28-2007, 01:18 AM
Manu is a hardcore baller. He just can't keep himself away from the game and the hardwood. Let the playa play. If he could, he'd play 24/7 Non-Stop for free, but he has his limitations.

angel_luv
07-28-2007, 09:55 AM
I used to want Manu to rest during the summer, but he actually plays better when he doesn't take a break in the summer. The 2004 Olympic Gold was his springboard to one of the best playoff runs I've ever seen during the 2005 playoffs.

I agree. Play Gino.

urunobili
07-28-2007, 10:09 AM
Manu will suffer a lot watching the argentinean team without him... specially when they lose...

Cant_Be_Faded
07-28-2007, 01:17 PM
I used to want Manu to rest during the summer, but he actually plays better when he doesn't take a break in the summer. The 2004 Olympic Gold was his springboard to one of the best playoff runs I've ever seen during the 2005 playoffs.

Didn't he play summer prior to 2003 and 2004 though? So wouldn't that make it only 1 for 3 in that respect? I remember him messing up his ankle 2.5 times in 2003 and 2004 he started strong but didn't he suffer a later injury in the season?

conversekid
07-28-2007, 01:52 PM

we are the center of the universe.

v2freak
07-28-2007, 02:13 PM
Wrong, we are all basketball fans. And the Olympics is great basketball. I'm guessing you didn't watch Athens in 2004.

If I were a baseball fan, does that mean I would instinctively go to a Cardinals forum? There is a reason this is Spurstalk and not Basketballtalk

Also, you guess incorrectly

smeagol
07-28-2007, 03:22 PM

Screw
That
Stuff

It was much better when you were silent on the topic of Manu.

You looked stupid when you dissed on Manu, you looked intelligent when you simply STFU, and you now look stupid again.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-28-2007, 03:24 PM
Yeah cuz smeagol is an expert at all things 9/11, and manu definitely did not suck at any point in time during the playoffs.

Brah. I think you looked like a moron defending him when he played like shit, so there ya go.

smeagol
07-28-2007, 03:40 PM
Yeah cuz smeagol is an expert at all things 9/11,

One way to find out when someone has no solid arguments to discuss a topic is when he brings up shit that it is totally unrelated to the topic at hand.

and manu definitely did not suck at any point in time during the playoffs.

And I said this when? Or like TPark likes to say . . . Link?

Brah. I think you looked like a moron defending him when he played like shit, so there ya go.

Brah, it's you who looks like a moron attacking the one guy who more often than not comes through when it counts.

Manu was not playing his finest ball at the start of the playoffs run, but he was not sucking so hard it warranted the idiotic attacks from you and your fuck buddies.

Reality is you had to swallow that foot of yours you alone stuck in your mouth when dissing Manu and wanting manu to be traded, because Manu came up big when it counted.

Pssst . . . by the way, 9/11 was organized and executed with the help of the US Governemnt . . . don't tell anyone, though :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
07-28-2007, 03:42 PM
okay smeagol okay we get it

you're from argentina, you want manu to play in the olympics, you wrote the book 'all things 9/11'
we get it
you win

smeagol
07-28-2007, 03:47 PM
okay smeagol okay we get it

you're from argentina, you want manu to play in the olympics, you wrote the book 'all things 9/11'
we get it
you win
:lol

ATX Spur
07-28-2007, 09:49 PM
If I were a baseball fan, does that mean I would instinctively go to a Cardinals forum? There is a reason this is Spurstalk and not Basketballtalk

Also, you guess incorrectly

I was just pointing out that there are many intelligent people who post here who are fans of other teams.

And making a subtle jab at how you can't see how there's "dissention" on the idea of Manu staying away from offseason play, when alot of smart posters think the very opposite.

Yours is either a really myopic take, or your rhetoric is overcompensating. Probably the latter.

carrecaminos
07-30-2007, 05:17 AM

Screw
That
Stuff

So we trade him or not?

and keep him away at all cost? what would you to achieve that? All cost sounds pretty too much.

WalterBenitez
07-30-2007, 01:23 PM
Manu will suffer a lot watching the argentinean team without him... specially when they lose...

suffer isn't good enough, play or retire from ARG NT